Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Problems with Git

Exclamation 
So I have been having problems with my git on Linux Sad

I think it has to do with something going wrong with the darkplaces folder, but I am unsure how to fix it.

I got this as an error report while compiling, do you guys think you can help?

jpeg.c:41:21: fatal error: jpeglib.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [jpeg.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sean/xonotic/darkplaces'
make[1]: *** [bin-debug] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sean/xonotic/darkplaces'
make: *** [sv-debug] Error 2

Ask me if you need anything else for you to help me better,

thanks Big Grin

Has it worked before? What is your distro? You need libjpeg. Look for a libjpeg-dev package. In ubuntu that would be libjpeg8-dev. In arch, libjpeg-turbo but you would probably already have it.

If you're on ubuntu, you'll probably missing a lot of other deps. This can help find them: http://packages.ubuntu.com/ "Search the contents of packages"

EDIT: in any case, running ./all compile -c twice can't hurt, it cleans the object files in the darkplaces directory. The makefile is known to get lost in deps sometimes, but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

Indeed it has worked before, it is how I usually play Xonotic.

I had it under Linux Mint 10, but I recently upgraded to Linux Mint 11, and when I tried to download the Xonotic Git again is when I got this problem.

I did what you said but unfortunately, it just gave me another error message that I will post below.

gcc -DSUPPORTIPV6 -MMD -Wall -Wold-style-definition -Wstrict-prototypes -Wsign-compare -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wmissing-prototypes -DLINK_TO_LIBJPEG -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D__KERNEL_STRICT_NAMES -ggdb -fno-math-errno -ffinite-math-only -fno-rounding-math -fno-signaling-nans -fno-trapping-math -c snd_mix.c -o snd_mix.o
vid_glx.c:32:20: fatal error: GL/glx.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make[2]: *** [vid_glx.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sean/xonotic/darkplaces'
make[1]: *** [bin-debug] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sean/xonotic/darkplaces'
make: *** [cl-debug] Error 2

Is there any way that I could perhaps give you guys a more detailed error report or is this sufficient?

Thank you for the help so far Big Grin

Same type of error, you're missing libglx. You'll have to hunt down dependencies one by one until you get them all. And if you could note down the packages' names in the process this could surely help fellow Mint users!

Use google, or even ubuntu's package search along with your package manager to find similar mint packages. For example, the ubuntu search page tells me glx.h is in "mesa-common-dev" in ubuntu, so I'd search for mesa in mint. I have no idea how mint packages work, I can't even find a repository...

EDIT: Read the errors, if it tells you a .h file is missing it probably means you need a certain -dev package (unless your distro doesn't separate header files from the rest, ubuntu does but arch doesn't for example).

Afaik Linux Mint is debian powered, so you could try that:
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential xserver-xorg-dev x11proto-xf86dri-dev x11proto-xf86dga-dev x11proto-xf86vidmode-dev libxxf86dga-dev libxcb-xf86dri0-dev libxpm-dev libxxf86vm-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libclalsadrv-dev libasound2-dev libxext-dev libsdl1.2debian-pulseaudio git-core unzip wget

I strongly recommend to add the -r option to the compile command so you get the release version (and not the debug one which is worse performance-wise):
Code:
./all compile -r

as7um, your method seems to have helped identify the problem, here is what I got back.

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libsdl-image1.2-dev : Depends: libjpeg-dev
Depends: libtiff4-dev but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

I guess some of the packages are broken. Do I just need to re-install them, or what would you guys recommend?

Look for a better suited package, maybe Mint has an alternative.

as7um, where does that list come from? Is it the old nexuiz dependency list? There's useless stuff in there iirc, it would be nice to refine that.

Code:
sudo apt-get install libtiff4-dev
What's the result of that? If it doesn't find the package at all you might need to add a repository. Btw, did you upgrade to mint 11 using dist-upgrade, or did you do a fresh install?

@MrBougo
http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/3/wiki/R...ory_Access

I am guessing that I will need to add a repository because I got this back when I put the code into the terminal.

"Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libtiff4-dev : Depends: libjpeg-dev
E: Broken packages"

How would I add a repository? I did a fresh install of Linux Mint 11 by Live DVD.
(Today 03:21 PM)

And trying to install libjpeg-dev results in a similar message I guess? Stuff like that usually shouldn't happen on a clean install :x
Btw, if you only want an up-to-date version of xonotic you can use the daily autobuild too.
Download: http://rm.rm.rm-f.org/~xonotic/xonotic-a...loader.zip
Unpack, execute .sh file and it will download everything you need.

I downloaded the auto build, it seems to work fine for Linux Big Grin

However there still seems to a problem Sad

The Biggest is that I do not auto download data from the servers, which makes me unable to practically play on servers like Overkill Mod and Vehicles, or on any server whose map I do not have locally.

I do download the csprogs.dat, but that's about it.

Is there anyway to fix this?

Thanks for your continued help Big Grin

You need libcurl. apt-cache search curl
It's probably explicitly mentioned in the xonotic console log. You'll have to pay attention to that in the future Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] rcon problems -maniac|Su- 1 1,523 04-28-2020, 05:17 AM
Last Post: -maniac|Su-
  [BUG] some textures won't load with git builds lister 2 2,444 01-17-2020, 06:09 PM
Last Post: LuckyStripe
  [SOLVED] Cannot run game anymore after new git update Bloodthorn 2 2,779 07-25-2018, 07:20 AM
Last Post: Bloodthorn
  [SOLVED] cannot compile git code dingus 5 4,958 07-27-2016, 05:13 PM
Last Post: sev
  [SOLVED] Having problems with rsync-updater satuim 16 13,324 03-13-2015, 09:57 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SOLVED] Installing Xonotic git in debian Ari 5 7,538 01-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Last Post: Ari
  [SOLVED] FPS problems SilenceKiller 3 4,454 12-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  [FIXED] Map compiling problems machine! 3 5,752 07-02-2013, 11:52 AM
Last Post: Ingar
  [NEEDS INFO] Fps drops [xonotic-git][mesa-r600g-git] Bitiquinho 10 12,143 06-03-2013, 01:16 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SOLVED] how to compile linux and win executable using git under win7 TheGoodGamer 7 10,226 05-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo