Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simple items

(09-11-2012, 01:29 PM)machine! Wrote: Started working on a new overall style...

What is best?

Having the same Health item and Armor item but in different colors like in Quake?

Or having different Health items and Armor items but in same color like in my and rafallus simple items set?

Option number 2.

Indeed. Some people are colorblind, so it's much better to rely on shape to distinguish items.

Machine, the new style is better.

What tool are you using to make these?

(09-28-2012, 12:56 AM)s1lencer Wrote: Machine, the new style is better.

What tool are you using to make these?

GIMP, I know Inkscape is better so they are scale-able but I can't use Inkscape.

When you finish i'll trace your work in inkscape to make the source more workable for other contriubtors.

[Image: 0_90130_308ccfa1_XS]

I tried doing a simple item for the Hagar, I think it looks like the rounds Hagar fires.
Mind, Don't have much experience in Inkscape, so it is WIP. I will work further on it.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Hagar looks pretty good, but i'm not sure if the rounds will change

Currently all of the HE projectiles are from nexuiz and could use an update as they look worse than quakeworld's

<offtopic>

I'm trying to design a sort of "modular projectile" that could work with mortar/hagar/rocket launcher and be made of repeating units, but I don't have much experience with blender etc so it's currently limited to 2D sketches.
</offtopic>

[offtopic]
Can i please see them? Maybee i can make them, unless you want to do them yourself.
[/offtopic]
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

What colors should the last items have?

You mean those non-core weapons?

Tuba should probably be gold.

Rest - what I had in mind was to copy colors from weapons according to mapping made by "New toys" mutator - ie. if weapon X replaces weapon Y in mutator, X and Y would have the same color.

Jetpack - I suppose gray, fuel may have some brown/yellow accents.

If you have better ideas, feel free to use them, I'm throwing it out as it is.

And you have my sources for those items or are you doing them from scratch?

Okey, also how should i place the last items in the pk3 so they get loaded?

bullets
cells
rockets
shells
crylink
electro
mortar
h100
h1
h25
h50
hagar
invincible
nex
rl
shotgun
strangth
uzi
a100
a1
a25
a50
fireball -needs color
fuel-regen
fuel
jetpack
mine_layer
minsta - needs color
port_o_launch - needs color
rifle
tag_seeker
tuba
hlac

Have I missed any?

EDIT: @rafallus I'm not redoing the set, I'm just doing some final polishes, fixes all colors and put everything in one package...

Fireball - I suppose orange.
Minsta - dunno, black? Grey?
Port-o-launch - thought about purple or light blue, but collides with electro/crylink. If that's even a problem, shapes are not even close.

You missed hook - no idea, maybe brown. Laser is also placable entity, but I don't know if worth the hassle.

Okey so, here's the list...

bullets
cells
rockets
shells
crylink
electro
mortar
h100
h1
h25
h50
hagar
invincible
nex
rl
shotgun
strangth
uzi
a100
a1
a25
a50
fireball
fuel-regen
fuel
jetpack
mine_layer
minsta
port_o_launch
rifle
tag_seeker
tuba
hlac
hook

I'm polishing them at the moment and coloring the non-core ones. Hopefully it's done soon!

Simple items 1.1

http://ompldr.org/vZzNxMg/simpleitems-1.1.tgz

Changelog:

All non-core done
All colors done(if not other suggestions will be made ofc)
Polishing of the non-core ones

Todo:

Models for non-core
Correct names for non-core so they get loaded

Please report if I messed something up(like forgetting to include something in the package or such).

Cool, waiting how it finally turns out.

(11-01-2012, 04:19 AM)machine! Wrote: Simple items 1.1

http://ompldr.org/vZzNxMg/simpleitems-1.1.tgz

Changelog:

All non-core done
All colors done(if not other suggestions will be made ofc)
Polishing of the non-core ones

Todo:

Models for non-core
Correct names for non-core so they get loaded

Please report if I messed something up(like forgetting to include something in the package or such).
How do I go about installing that?

1. Install autobuild
2. Replace the simple items in the data pk3 wth those provided in the tarball
3. Shift+ESC and type "cl_simpleitems 1"

But those are in .tga and .svg formats, and the ones in pk3 are .iqm, do I just put these tga's together with the other files in respective folders?

iqm is a model format (even though they are sprites, they still work like textured models). Only the .tga matters AFAIK.

machine, you really should make a pk3 instead, otherwise supporting this will be extremely difficult.

I actually don't recommend you to try them at the moment, if I got time I'll make a pk3 which makes it much easier to install it, but some of the weapons and items doesn't have any models yet so I'll probably wait tills then.

EDIT: Also welcome to the forums. Smile

How do you add a simple item to the game, lets say if one added somemore weaps, what's the protocal to do this?

(11-24-2012, 11:28 PM)HellYeah Wrote: How do you add a simple item to the game, lets say if one added somemore weaps, what's the protocal to do this?

Make a sprite model with a simple texture.

I have no idea and I don't think machine knows either -- he's just working on the texture part. We've been trying to contact the person who made the few models for the other weapons but I never got any replies. That's why models are missing for non-core weapons too.

Hmm, they seem to be in IQM format, I maybe can be able to open them in Blender and modify them for the other weapons, but code(which was done by tZork wasen't it?) may have to be written for the non-core weapons too?

Anyway, I found this while DuckDucking: http://lee.fov120.com/iqm/ , no idea if it's relatet(TL;DR Tongue )

The code is general, if a simple item filename exists and simple items are enabled, the simple item is used.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random items & loot Lyberta 3 4,278 10-14-2017, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  simple Xonotic starter app Freddy 13 10,399 04-24-2016, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Pendulla