Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Brother Bot Support

rcon2irc is a fully scriptable framework for rcon server administration through irc. You got it all wrong, but that's no surprise since you said you're basing your "opinion" on just the name.

It lacks the features of big brother because nobody's written them. That's what happens when devs are busy.

Anticheat is built into Xonotic and there's not much more we can have than what we already have. ESPECIALLY not with a third-party tool that does not have any means of access to the game's code.

Also, it's about time you learned about paragraphs.

(10-16-2012, 12:46 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: rcon2irc is a fully scriptable framework for rcon server administration through irc. You got it all wrong, but that's no surprise since you said you're basing your "opinion" on just the name.

It lacks the features of big brother because nobody's written them. That's what happens when devs are busy.

Anticheat is built into Xonotic and there's not much more we can have than what we already have. ESPECIALLY not with a third-party tool that does not have any means of access to the game's code.

Also, it's about time you learned about paragraphs.

i know you harp at me for grammar,But Big brother is 2 times better maybe 9x better now over at the new Nexuiz forums they were saying,Why have that avilable for expolits and people can alos abuse it, I laughed that's an excuse to hack now where is that game lmao. Also your gonna have rcon2irc kick and ban players from your server that's kinda weird but different strokes for different folks.

I don't understand your message.

If Nexuiz need third party tools to prevent exploits, I'm sorry to say but their game is badly broken. With Xonotic, exploits are fixed in the game itself. Being opensource helps a lot with that.

Why is it "weird" for rcon2irc to kick/ban players and not for B3? If you're still basing your opinion on the name I'm going to have to stop reading your posts in this thread.

(10-16-2012, 01:19 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I don't understand your message.

If Nexuiz need third party tools to prevent exploits, I'm sorry to say but their game is badly broken. With Xonotic, exploits are fixed in the game itself. Being opensource helps a lot with that.

Why is it "weird" for rcon2irc to kick/ban players and not for B3? If you're still basing your opinion on the name I'm going to have to stop reading your posts in this thread.

How can Xonotic not be exploited i think your give this game more credit then, Needed i am not saying its junk. But to say its invincible your nuts.I am gona test Xonotic with all the ways i know how to lag a server and then ill post it here so every one knows untill its fixed why because that's what devs are suppose to do.

(10-16-2012, 02:47 AM)kidx Wrote: I am gona test Xonotic with all the ways i know how to lag a server and then ill post it here so every one knows untill its fixed why because that's what devs are suppose to do.

If you're really going to do that, that would be great. Because finding possibilities to abuse malfunctions of the game and documenting them helps a great deal in development. Be sure to post them not only here but also on the bug tracker (http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic ).

It would be greatly appreciated if you tried to improve structuring your sentences with the help of commata and full stops for that purpose, just like you did in that post above.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(10-16-2012, 02:47 AM)kidx Wrote: How can Xonotic not be exploited i think your give this game more credit then, Needed i am not saying its junk. But to say its invincible your nuts.I am gona test Xonotic with all the ways i know how to lag a server and then ill post it here so every one knows untill its fixed why because that's what devs are suppose to do.

That's not at all what I said, but anyway... By all means, yes, please do it. Hopefully you can bring some precious data in.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Big Benchmark divVerent 172 246,971 02-08-2023, 06:05 PM
Last Post: tZork
  Module (music) support for Darkplaces (again) [test it] nilyt 8 8,405 04-21-2015, 08:24 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  bot navigation bug needs fixing zwz 0 2,623 09-22-2014, 10:14 PM
Last Post: zwz
  bot navigation mesh creator poVoq 5 5,832 02-22-2014, 01:04 PM
Last Post: tZork
  [SOLVED] misc_model : Support for specular and relief mapping? Maddin 5 6,573 11-10-2013, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Maddin
  Bot waypoint format Nodenum 5 7,344 12-23-2011, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Lord Canistra
  New Bot names nowego4 25 20,807 01-13-2011, 05:41 AM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  XonPickup - Xonotic pickup bot! atheros 10 10,765 10-13-2010, 11:37 AM
Last Post: atheros
  Automatic Bot Waypoint System Odin 16 28,740 05-01-2010, 07:06 PM
Last Post: GT_Gene