Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What role does the Hagar have in Duel?

(05-31-2012, 03:03 AM)Loafers Wrote: It's best if you ignore C.Brutail, he takes umbrage over little things.

IF YOU START IGNORING C.BRUTAIL YOU GET ME ON A WILD RAMPAGE SO WATCH IT!!!ONE1

I assume you're better off NOT ignoring C.Brutail than having me going berserk.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(05-31-2012, 03:03 AM)Loafers Wrote: It's best if you ignore C.Brutail, he takes umbrage over little things.

[Image: STFU-Plunger.jpg]

I don't think you know who you're talking to, are you?
Consider this as my last warning.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(05-31-2012, 03:52 AM)C.Brutail Wrote:

[Image: STFU-Plunger.jpg]

I don't think you know who you're talking to, are you?
Consider this as my last warning.

There was truth to my statement you know.

Remember the time when I made a subtle joke about 0.6 being delayed? You wrote a super long post that included a "fuck you" directed towards me and a sob story of the hardships of being a developer of a volunteer project to which I replied with a picture of a cute puppy to cheer you up. And you took that as an apology even though I never apologized (never did anything wrong). It was pretty funny. Even funnier was someone subtly joking about the release of 0.6 a few posts before me as well iirc. Anyway, I'd link you to the posts, but I think they were all deleted or moved.

Please take a chill pill friend.

[Image: avatar_12634.gif]

Welp. Time out please. If you two want to make harsh public statements of your feelings toward eachother, you're free to do so in a separate offtopic thread and face the consequences. If you just want to settle your dispute, do this in PM. Otherwise, this is pointless.

Back on topic or this thread gets locked.

Disclaimer: Yes, this is OT but i find it hard to let this ignorance slip by unchallenged.
(05-31-2012, 01:41 AM)Chryyz Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 03:12 PM)W4RP1G Wrote: I think I heard that the hlac is on the way out

HLAC was never in, so it cannot be on the way out. It was a stupid gimmicky gun released to attract new players along with an assortment of other things nobody ever cared for or wanted. (Seeker, Camping Rifle, Hook Gun, etc.)

Your wrong in just abt all points here. Both HLAC and Seeker was designed as possible replacements the Hagar, ad that gun never really worked in Nexuiz. New players was the last thing on my mind when coding those tbh.

I know quite a few ppl who likes above mentioned weapons, separate or together. That the player sphere YOU move in does not enjoy those hardly equals "things nobody ever cared for or wanted" By the same logic one could then state that every feature in Xonotic is pointless shit, as there is surely someone somewhere to dislike any one thing at ant given time.

Go on any random public server for a while an your likely to hear something along the lines of "how do i get/use the hook here". - one example of the top of my head.

Whoa wtf happened to this thread?

Is it unheard of to replace the hagar at this point, or at least overhaul it? I think in comparison to the other spam weapons, the electro, crylink, and mortar, it doesn't do well. Perhaps if the projectile speed was increased and the damage and force lessened, it would be more effective? I don't think balance for this weapon has been achieved yet.

... so you want to turn it into the hlac? ... which has faster speed and less damage ...

I think the hagar is doing pretty well at the moment ... it is also the weapon that has changed the most

old nexuis 1.5ish hagar -- secondary has an arc like mortar
late nexuis hagar -- bouncing secondary
post nexuiz (xonotic) hagar -- charging secondary

... primary hasn't changed much...

... the seeker is finding a place as anti vehicle (especially against raptors) ... It just needs a new gun model and a better sound

... Hlac is also pretty good at taking out walker vehicles because of its reasonable accuracy while crouching ...

Also ... you talk about things people didn't care about ... I think your wrong ... when I was new to nexuiz I found the hlac and rifle on that one snow map ... I wasn't "meh .. what is this crap .." ... I was " woa COOL new guns ... this game must have alot of content ... I wonder what other surprises there are ... ... " ...

so basically ... the HLAC is solely responsible for me discovering Xonotic ... ...

... ... ... oh wait ... this thread was about the hagar ... oops ...

(06-01-2012, 12:52 PM)hutty Wrote: ... so you want to turn it into the hlac? ... which has faster speed and less damage ...

I think the hagar is doing pretty well at the moment ... it is also the weapon that has changed the most

old nexuis 1.5ish hagar -- secondary has an arc like mortar
late nexuis hagar -- bouncing secondary
post nexuiz (xonotic) hagar -- charging secondary

... primary hasn't changed much...

... the seeker is finding a place as anti vehicle (especially against raptors) ... It just needs a new gun model and a better sound

... Hlac is also pretty good at taking out walker vehicles because of its reasonable accuracy while crouching ...

Also ... you talk about things people didn't care about ... I think your wrong ... when I was new to nexuiz I found the hlac and rifle on that one snow map ... I wasn't "meh .. what is this crap .." ... I was " woa COOL new guns ... this game must have alot of content ... I wonder what other surprises there are ... ... " ...

so basically ... the HLAC is solely responsible for me discovering Xonotic ... ...

... ... ... oh wait ... this thread was about the hagar ... oops ...

I'm guessing that the 2nd half of that post was directed at Chryyz?

Hagar is a weird weapon, but as mudkip has been recently abusing me with, it can force your opponent up and get them to hover in the air while you deal massive damage to them. It's kind of like the lg, but executed differently, and only a few cm above ground at the most. It's pretty powerful... most of us just don't know how to use it appropriately yet.

As for the HLAC... I really was going to leave this alone and let it die out, but... yeah. I know people who like jet packs. I know people who like hook. I know people who like minsta. Just because some people like something doesn't mean it belongs in core gameplay (usually for balance reasons). I'm going to say that cheesey line every other person says when someone talks about a change they don't particularly like. "Make it into a mutator." The HLAC, when first introduced, pushed people back into walls, and killed them. That's pretty much all that ever happened with that weapon. You couldn't move because you were being pushed by all the lasers hitting you constantly. The seeker performed a similar function on maps without walls. The one CTF map with chunks of earth floating in space comes to mind. Tag your target repeatedly and watch the gazillion rockets race around the map following them. If I remember correctly, getting tagged twice was essentially death for anyone not stacked above 100/100.
[Image: optsig.png]

map entities should NEVER be made into a mutator (exception is minsta ...which is really a mod (if I heard correctly))

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quake live mouse acceleration implementation successfully coded! I have questions Draena 0 2,188 03-09-2020, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Draena
  [SOLVED] How does the decompression of files within pk3s work? joshbeck 3 5,202 09-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Last Post: joshbeck
  Xonotic's Direction? What do we have to do Learning from nexuiz's mistakes. kojn^ 67 78,225 06-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune