Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic DeFRaG: Lady*Diana's next movie!

So ,after "The Chase" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajvRmwSNc...r_embedded), Lady*D finished her second Xonotic DeFRaG masterpiece "Don't Stand On The Respawn"!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6batR1fvOw

Featured players:
Lady*D
Nimbuz
bunny
eThaD
entou_

I personally recommend to download the movie here for maximum quality:
http://178.63.89.77/redirect/XonoticRa%D...espawn.mp4

Enjoy Diana's unique dreamy, colorful movie style!
LoverTaleb

Awesome movie! Posted to the blog.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Awesome indeed, and I've posted it on our FaceBook channel!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Good movie. Smile

good job! I liked first one a bit more though....mabye too many effects in the new? Sometimes it looks chaotic and it's difficult to figure out what you are actually looking at. I think that camera enable following players is broken, although I love how you use it to show maps and landscapes...

That was beautiful, thanks!
somewhere

That was awesome, like going on an acid trip... Well, what I imagine going on a trip would look like... Big Grin

I wonder what software she uses...

psychedelic

I like how you went with colorful and fast maps this time and it felt/looked better then the first one.

Same things as Justin said for me, I think some of the scenes felt a little chaotic not that many but it was a combination of perhaps the transitions and the 3rd person camera, I understand how bad it is because last time I tried to use the camera chasing a player it was all over the place and near impossible to do anything decent with it.

The landscape/freefly camera was really well done, what settings do you use, because it looks really smooth like it's on a path and I know that's not available yet (but is coming soon apparently).

I actually liked it more then the 1st one, if you do another and I hope you do, I'll be happy to send you my movie config as I think it will improve the visual quality and look of the footage.

Perhaps go out of your comfort zone and try and make a movie that has more of a flow, this one flowed but something where you get a really good feeling watching the whole movie, only example I can give is this one which is one of my favourites for that reason, hopefully you'll understand what I mean with the music in it and the flow of the footage.

Music in this video was ok, quite liked all the tracks but it felt just like tracks and run's rather then it feeling like all the tracks were part of a bigger movie/story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKTh5J2qgFo <-- What I mean

You can certainly do much neater editing stuff then me colour wise and such, colours were really vibrant and had a dark feel also at time's that I liked, really made the movie for me combined with some really nice run's, footage felt definitely better then the 1st movie for sure!

8/10 for me, really good work for the 2nd movie! Smile

Next movie if you do one, I hope you will try and improve on this one and surpasses it, setting a new bar in terms of run videos for Xonotic!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,603 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  DOXA TOURNAMENT - Frag movie zeroql 0 1,667 04-26-2020, 04:46 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #9 Mirio 4 3,764 03-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,659 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
Video Xonotic frag movie betas zeroql 0 1,859 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
Last Post: zeroql
  Xonotic DeFRaG website Mirio 0 3,993 05-18-2018, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [Frag movie] Mirification #8 Mirio 0 3,964 02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,849 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
Video Xonotic: Movie collection zeroql 8 13,896 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  F*CKMEGEDDON: A Xonotic Frag Movie Smilecythe 15 14,797 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM