Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"GETTING SERIOUS" promo edit out

Video 
This is a promo edit for a video I started working on, to get more people (you) intereseted in sending me demos, so I can extend this video at least to 4 minutes.

Frags by: Finko, Dodger, Specialone and me.

Music: AIRMAN GA TAOSENAI by Team Nekokan

A quick video I made using demos recorded during the last couple of weeks. Enjoy!

The original is 60 fps but I dont want to use my dropbox for this, I'll upload it somewhere if anyone wants to have it.

Also, this will be my Video Thread if I decide to make more in the future.

Music https://soundcloud.com/freak-fandango/re...r-a-fish-1

So this is my new experimental video. I hope you like it.
I somehow got the idea of creating this silent film like video.
I may re-use some of the clips in a colored video, I feel like with some of them it would be a waste to just leave them in black and white.

Music taken from incompetech.com

Where's your midair hagar 2ndary shot from the cup? ;o

(02-01-2014, 07:18 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: Where's your midair hagar 2ndary shot from the cup? ;o

It's from the zykure game... didnt think it was worth adding :O

Nice soundtrack, it really fits the game! "Big Grin"

Seriously though, I like it .. something different from all the other fragmovies. Nice frags too! =)
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Nice rockets at quad bro, also music is awesome i like this kinda a genre :>
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

Very nice, interesting music Smile
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

Nice video, and I agree cool music, especially because it is CC-by-SA licensed.

BUMP

Updated first post with new video, enjoy! :3

Nice one!

I remember that flag carrier kill on space base or what was the name - I was pretty stacked, but I think either you or Samual had strength and by the time I realized you BOTH were sitting on that ledge sniping with nex I was dead. I respawned not far away but still only got to see how you returned the flag in front of my nose.

This is a very interesting approach on a frag movie, and I enjoyed it quite a lot. It would be especially cool if we had a collection of hilarious and foremost funny frags, not so much skill focussed - just like when you repeatedly nexed that guy (was it Gatts?) on Xoylent where he tried to rocket-jump save himself. Those kinds of frags really fit the style of that video :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

DauX
also known as
Charlie Fraglin, Esq.

So, I have updated the first post with a new short promo-like movie, using all demos I have at the time, because I just wanted to get something done. Now I can wait forever for more demos and then extend this a little bit. Smile

Lol nice music again, send more demos to DauX!
DEMOS FOR THE DEMOS GOD!

I would suggest not using bloom in final render. Also, while music is quite good, I don't feel it fits with the pace of the frags.

EDIT: To clarify, it's the promo I'm talking about. Gonna watch the others now.

Well, music in first movie was better Smile

What Finko really meant is that the music is gay.

Yeah.. sorta. Shy

I SUBMITTED DEMOS! [Image: chansub-global-emoticon-60aa1af305e32d49-23x30.png]

(03-09-2014, 10:40 AM)Pendulla Wrote: What Finko really meant is that the music is gay.

I don't mean to be preachy, but that's a rather upsetting thing to see. Please refrain from calling things "gay" like that.

I think the movie Tital 'GETTING SERIOUS' certainly is an apt title considering where this thread is going with MrBougo's post!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I support acting against usage of the word "gay" for something negative. Homophobia is so 20th century, and even that alone is actually shocking given the era of enlightenment started around 18th century. Even if you're not meaning it, using "gay" for expressing disapproval supports homophobia.

Enough lecture from me but I actually wanted to say that for a long time already (with all the "gaylagshit" in Xonotic player community).
My Xonstats Profile

(03-09-2014, 06:20 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: "Quit being a faggot and suck that dick"

Argument by popularity and/or comedy? I really can't agree with that. Anyway, here's another (more recent and up to date) reference from your favourite comedian http://youtu.be/v-55wC5dEnc

If we need to discuss this any further, let me know. I'll split this discussion into a new thread.

(03-09-2014, 12:45 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(03-09-2014, 10:40 AM)Pendulla Wrote: What Finko really meant is that the music is gay.

I don't mean to be preachy, but that's a rather upsetting thing to see. Please refrain from calling things "gay" like that.
It's just our humor from IRC Smile
GAYDULLA))))

Quote:The term was originally used to refer to feelings of being "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy".

Pendulla just meant that!
Shy

/discussion

Heart

NOW BRING THE DEMOS IN.

(03-10-2014, 02:01 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Anyway, here's another (more recent and up to date) reference from your favourite comedian http://youtu.be/v-55wC5dEnc

EXCELLENT reference, MrBougo.
My Xonstats Profile

(03-10-2014, 03:50 AM)Mirio Wrote:
Quote:The term was originally used to refer to feelings of being "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy".

Pendulla just meant that!
Shy

/discussion

Heart

NOW BRING THE DEMOS IN.

Exactly Smile

For the record, i have gay friends and i have nothing against them. In fact i am not afraid to admit that some of them are way more manly than me in some areas. I never use that word in a bad way exept when joking. Also i can inform you that they don't give a fuck how we call them, and i know because i asked. I will refrain from using it in forums since the world has become so sensitive to that term.

Anyway back to topic. Is it lame for me to submit my demos i already used for my lame "frag movie" i made? I have no time to play since my son was born so i have no new "material".

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting good distance on circle jumps? Cynical 7 4,102 02-22-2020, 06:29 AM
Last Post: morosophos
Video Xonotic: Nationscup 2012 (Promo) Fisume 7 12,795 07-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Last Post: Fisume
Video Xonotic Community Fragmovie - Promo - zeroql 87 90,109 06-07-2012, 08:18 PM
Last Post: .Danny.
  Stermy checking out xonotic Apr0ph1z 73 60,704 04-05-2012, 11:36 AM
Last Post: frostwyrm333
Bug how do edit a character in blender Soelen 6 7,842 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Soelen