Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I am new to xonotic.

Hello all.

I'd like to introduce myself. I am nvz(novaz), and I've been playing arena shooters for quite some time now(since late 2010). I didn't really get into the arena shooter scene until mid high school, when I was 16 because I was busy with sports up until I was around 17. I played football and baseball in Pennsylvania. My real name is Dallas(as in Texas, yeah, make fun of my name) and I live in Central Pennsylvania near Harrisburg. I am currently working on finishing my Associate's Degree in Business Administration and working full time at a local hospital Smile.

Anyhow, I didn't get "good" at arena shooters, or first person shooters in general, until around late 2010. My first arena shooter was playing with my older brother, Derik, at Unreal Tournament '99 when I was very young. I fell in love with games such as Quake & UT. When I was in middle school I got Unreal Tournament 2004 for Christmas, and I played it ALOT. I was very noob since I was very young and didn't understand any of the basics, so I played very noob gametypes. But I still had funSmile. I then got into UT3 whenever it came out, although I didn't get a computer good enough to play Unreal Tournament 3 until 2010, so I missed out on it's prime Sad.

Unreal Tournament 3 is my favorite game. People may criticize it for it's bad release and crap User Interface. But it definitely has the best balance for DM/TDM/CTF/Duel, as well as the best movement and game play. I battled my way up into the ranks as among some of the best duelers in the world and overall players. I run the American pickup community with my friend Neil, www.galaxypugs.com . We have lots of fun playing various gametypes with players throughout North America!

BTW**

;if anyone can give me some advice on the most played duel maps, it would be awesome! Plus, If anyone can provide me a link containing A LOT of maps so I don't need to autodownload while connecting to the servers, that would be helpful, too! Thanks!

I've had lots of pickup experience with QuakeLive CTF/Duel and Quake 3 CPMA CTF/Duel as well. I have medium experience in UT2k4 competitive CTF/TDM.

I've known about Xonotic for about 4-5 years now, since Nexuiz classic. I gave it a try in 2011, I believe, but I couldn't get into it. Now since I found the pickup channels on irc and a very active community and forum, I am very happy to announce I will be actively playing among the pickup/duel community. I've played against 4-5 duelers in North American servers and I do very well against them for how new I am. I also have lots of fun playing instagib in SMB North American server when I'm bored or not doing my homeworkSmile.

Anyhow, hope to see you all in game. I'm looking forward to any future 1v1 cups(someone direct me to them!).

spindaaaa

Hello, mister. I also played and still play UT99 and did some cups on UT3. But NA scene is totally unknown from UT world to me. Damn them bad netcodes!

But its not like that on Xonotic, i cant see any difference between 60 and 130 ping, so im looking forward to some gamin with you later on! Welcome to Xonotic, good sir Smile I hope srkdy is still up to organizing that North American cup one day. Your playerbase is growing and reaching the amount of EU players soon Big Grin

Hello and welcome to Xonotic! Nice to see the NA player community grow constantly! Since you seem to be pretty experienced in arena FPS, you might know most of this already, but check out the Newbie Corner. Even though many aspects are self-explanatory for an arena FPS veteran, it is good to know the mechanics behind how stuff works to make full use of the tricks revealed there, and Xonotic gameplay also has some particularities that you most probably won't discover by yourself (such as crylink particle concentration...).
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Hello. Come to #xonotic.pickup

There was a poll about maps for Duel tournament here.
There are URLs to download if you click the map names, unless they come with Xonotic already.
The outcome was: Fuse, Aerowalk, Stormkeep, Silent Siege, Warfare, Final Rage, Blood Run - so you might want to get these, as they are most played.

(03-13-2014, 03:23 AM)thimo Wrote: Hello, mister. I also played and still play UT99 and did some cups on UT3. But NA scene is totally unknown from UT world to me. Damn them bad net code.

Surprisingly the NA scene is alot more active duel/Competitive pickup wise than the EU scene. Even the south American scene is more popular than EU. I hosted 2 successful NA duel cups that got alot of viewers on twitch and a pretty decent 2v2 TDM cup as well!

Ehm, welcome to Xonotic? :3
Halogene did his "check out the newbie corner" thing and IRC got mentioned too though you already knew Smile
So... just Hi Smile

Hey nvz

Welcome
[Image: 38443.png]

spindaaaa
[Image: 237.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Hello! New NA player here Dynamx_FPS 0 1,341 09-25-2023, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Dynamx_FPS
  Hello! I am new DelianST 4 1,603 07-08-2023, 12:23 PM
Last Post: DelianST
Thumbs Up Hello, possibly new developer LegendGuard 3 2,789 04-21-2020, 09:19 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  New to xonotic, not new to Canada! Snollygoster 10 5,961 06-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Hello Xonotic! Volerm 6 3,719 06-18-2016, 09:45 PM
Last Post: dekrY
  Hello Xonotic!!! Ari 9 8,903 04-18-2014, 03:04 AM
Last Post: Ari
  Hello Xonotic rashintawak 11 7,731 11-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Last Post: tZork
  Hello xonotic community :) Pendulla 16 12,562 09-08-2013, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  Hello Xonotic! crizis 13 7,970 04-23-2013, 08:44 AM