Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello! I am new

Hi!!
I just got into Xonotic and I love it. I thought that people weren't playing it anymore but I was wrong. The game is really fun!
Also just one question, how do clans work? People in chat mentioned clans but I don't know how they work here. Can someone explain it?

Hi and welcome to Xonotic! Yes, this game has an active playerbase. However, the game by itself does not in any way support Clans, so this is something the Clans need to organize themselves. You can have a look at the Clan section of this forum (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8), there you'll also find some Clans that are looking for members or ways to contact them. Some Clans organize themselves via dedicated chat rooms on IRC, Matrix or Discord, for example. You can also identify players that are members of a Clan in online games by the Clan tag that is usually put in square brackets next to the player's nick. Simply ask them about their Clan and how to join or where to find information.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(07-07-2023, 04:26 AM)Halogene Wrote: Hi and welcome to Xonotic! Yes, this game has an active playerbase. However, the game by itself does not in any way support Clans, so this is something the Clans need to organize themselves. You can have a look at the Clan section of this forum (https://forums.xonotic.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=8), there you'll also find some Clans that are looking for members or ways to contact them. Some Clans organize themselves via dedicated chat rooms on IRC, Matrix or Discord, for example. You can also identify players that are members of a Clan in online games by the Clan tag that is usually put in square brackets next to the player's nick. Simply ask them about their Clan and how to join or where to find information.

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

Hello! Thanks for your help! I did see the thread but it looks like most of the posts are from years ago.

(07-06-2023, 10:03 AM)DelianST Wrote: Hi!!
I just got into Xonotic and I love it. I thought that people weren't playing it anymore but I was wrong. The game is really fun!
Also just one question, how do clans work? People in chat mentioned clans but I don't know how they work here. Can someone explain it?

Welcome and may you enjoy your progress.
FAF - FERIS - COPENHAGEN - DENMARK - GNU/Linux  Heart
Homepage: https://feris-xonotic.net

(07-08-2023, 12:20 PM)FAF Wrote:
(07-06-2023, 10:03 AM)DelianST Wrote: Hi!!

Welcome and may you enjoy your progress.
Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue Hello! New NA player here Dynamx_FPS 0 1,348 09-25-2023, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Dynamx_FPS
Thumbs Up Hello, possibly new developer LegendGuard 3 2,802 04-21-2020, 09:19 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  New to xonotic, not new to Canada! Snollygoster 10 5,980 06-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Hello, I am new to xonotic. nvz 8 6,118 04-02-2014, 03:56 AM
Last Post: dizzy
  Hello, hello. (Hello) AlDeezy 5 4,269 06-12-2012, 02:12 AM
Last Post: .Danny.
  Hello hello!. (hola :D) bdvd 5 5,762 08-12-2010, 05:55 AM
Last Post: tux9656
  Hello! I'm new here. nowego4 6 6,523 07-18-2010, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Fisume