Create an account

Poll: Why did you start playing this game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
i know....
75.61%
31 75.61%
i don't know.
24.39%
10 24.39%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did you start playing?

Because I love the mixed Quake 1 / UT99 Hardcore gameplay style, that most fps' out there lack.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

found it over google (lame <_<)
i still can remember the first map Smile great wall reloaded =D
awesome Big Grin
info:
This message was written with 100% recycled electrons!!! Angel
No trees were destroyed and no animals were harmed.

Because it is a program that simulates the excessive application of explosives and gibbitude to combat situations that would be somewhat inconvenient to realise in meatspace.

There are so many reason i have to playing like the first and most important reason is i am boring to the reading, and the next one is i will enjoy this game so much and my friends are play this game, that's the reason i start to play.

I started playing cause I know I've found the best open-source game you can eva find!!
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

i dont play it , because i dont like the game at all.
i preferr doing maths and writing complex essays for fun
oh and singing in my underpants.

and im scared of nerds

and water

me plumber!

(edit im talking shit , i like the games and the community and so should you , so while your reading this , howabout you go and do something good and get involved and play our game and help and all that nerd stuff , say t)

t

:^

I started playing because I heard someone say t...
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

tlol

t

:^

accidentally found nexuiz on a pc games site. i just decided to give it a go, as it was the first FPS game i've ever seen.
then, in 2011 i heard about xonotic and decided to give it a go too. both great games ^_^
[Image: 10253.png]

Cause it is free, as in freedom! Big Grin

I accidently stumbled across Nexuiz pre-installed on my laptop, then played it for a while and eventually picked up Xonotic!

i saw my brother playing nexuiz some years back, thought it looked cool, so i played it for a while

years later, i heard about the illfonic fiasco, read that the gpl project forked and was called something different, and now...yep

I started playing cause it looked fun, and my computer can run it (even on GNU/Linux). It is still quite fun, even if i'm horrendous
[Image: 2386.png] Professional noob...
of...
Paradox Space...

A few years ago I was GNU/Linux and FOSS enthusiast, and I searched for different ways to play on Linux and completely dump Windows. I found Nexuiz, and it actually was the first FOSS game which was fun to play; I did not play it because it was free, I played it because I really liked it. IIRC it was Nexuiz 2.3 or something like that...

As you know, linux gaming status is/was kinda bad a few years ago and therefore my attempt to dump Windows completely wasn't success. But I did not stop playing Nexuiz. When Xonotic project emerged, I started to follow the developement at the early stages.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why Rust is bad? Lyberta 4 5,223 03-15-2019, 12:36 PM
Last Post: morosophos
  You know you've played too much Xonotic when... [AP]Sniperz 45 42,339 10-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  Is it just me or did Overgrowth steal our logo? Samual 19 19,359 02-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Last Post: aa
  How to start LAN game with custom map on Quake? satuim 16 17,361 09-01-2013, 05:37 AM
Last Post: satuim
  I won't be playing for a while. s1lence 6 6,944 01-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Last Post: s1lence
  Best linux distro and why? Droid 38 39,726 10-28-2012, 04:38 AM
Last Post: machine!
  You'll thank me when you read click on this thread...trust me .Danny. 20 26,501 08-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  Does playing Arena shooters like Xonotic make you better at slower paced games? Shadowman84 6 8,962 05-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mepper
  what would you do if you were in my situation with this laptop jacob 13 11,158 02-05-2012, 05:50 PM
Last Post: tZork
  Another round of depressed piano playing! Samual 7 6,830 01-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Halogene