Create an account

Poll: Why did you start playing this game?
This poll is closed.
i know....
75.61%
31 75.61%
i don't know.
24.39%
10 24.39%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did you start playing?

Because I love the mixed Quake 1 / UT99 Hardcore gameplay style, that most fps' out there lack.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

found it over google (lame <_<)
i still can remember the first map Smile great wall reloaded =D
awesome Big Grin
info:
This message was written with 100% recycled electrons!!! Angel
No trees were destroyed and no animals were harmed.

Because it is a program that simulates the excessive application of explosives and gibbitude to combat situations that would be somewhat inconvenient to realise in meatspace.

There are so many reason i have to playing like the first and most important reason is i am boring to the reading, and the next one is i will enjoy this game so much and my friends are play this game, that's the reason i start to play.

I started playing cause I know I've found the best open-source game you can eva find!!
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

i dont play it , because i dont like the game at all.
i preferr doing maths and writing complex essays for fun
oh and singing in my underpants.

and im scared of nerds

and water

me plumber!

(edit im talking shit , i like the games and the community and so should you , so while your reading this , howabout you go and do something good and get involved and play our game and help and all that nerd stuff , say t)

t

:^

I started playing because I heard someone say t...
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

tlol

t

:^

accidentally found nexuiz on a pc games site. i just decided to give it a go, as it was the first FPS game i've ever seen.
then, in 2011 i heard about xonotic and decided to give it a go too. both great games ^_^
[Image: 10253.png]

Cause it is free, as in freedom! Big Grin

I accidently stumbled across Nexuiz pre-installed on my laptop, then played it for a while and eventually picked up Xonotic!

i saw my brother playing nexuiz some years back, thought it looked cool, so i played it for a while

years later, i heard about the illfonic fiasco, read that the gpl project forked and was called something different, and now...yep

I started playing cause it looked fun, and my computer can run it (even on GNU/Linux). It is still quite fun, even if i'm horrendous
[Image: 2386.png] Professional noob...
of...
Paradox Space...

A few years ago I was GNU/Linux and FOSS enthusiast, and I searched for different ways to play on Linux and completely dump Windows. I found Nexuiz, and it actually was the first FOSS game which was fun to play; I did not play it because it was free, I played it because I really liked it. IIRC it was Nexuiz 2.3 or something like that...

As you know, linux gaming status is/was kinda bad a few years ago and therefore my attempt to dump Windows completely wasn't success. But I did not stop playing Nexuiz. When Xonotic project emerged, I started to follow the developement at the early stages.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to start LAN game with custom map on Quake? satuim 16 11,929 09-01-2013, 05:37 AM
Last Post: satuim
  I won't be playing for a while. s1lence 6 4,633 01-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Last Post: s1lence
  Does playing Arena shooters like Xonotic make you better at slower paced games? Shadowman84 6 7,105 05-21-2012, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mepper
  Another round of depressed piano playing! Samual 7 4,819 01-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  What music do you listen to whilst playing Xonotic? .Danny. 24 18,167 03-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Last Post: nowego4
  Playing with IDJC and some Xonotic music :) unfa 2 3,929 09-28-2010, 06:21 AM
Last Post: unfa