Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aimbots? I think not!

Lately, there has been a lot of relatively new players requesting aimbots (even going so far as to ask developers of the game to code one for them in return for some money).
Their means of justification is that players online are using aimbots too...

Enough have asked for this, that I feel it necessary to state the following:
Nobody is aimbotting on the servers!

The players you see online with super fast reflexes hitting "impossible" shots are just very skilled, or have played for a long time.
Nothing more, and certainly no hacks.
[Image: 230.png]

Ahhh but we haven't seen rumraisin for so long.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Aimbot becomes blatantly obvious when you're facing one and the higher skilled opponents you're hacking against the more likely you're to be busted. I have yet to seen or felt anyone use anything that assists their aim, except for Xenon who used trigger-bot. He seemed to always miss 1 or two shots on purpose, then the following shot would always hit no matter what. Sometimes of course not missing at all when he felt it was convenient. Every mental tactic I'm used to have working on pretty much everyone had no effect on him, which instantly distinguished his performance as not human. Below is couple videos of instagib 1v1 where you actually have a chance with hacks.

Me vs Rumraisin (accused hacker, not hacking):

Endgame stats: http://stats.xonotic.org/game/189107

Me vs Xenon (trigger-botter, busted and gone):

Endgame stats: http://stats.xonotic.org/game/312689

Not even trigger bot is enough if you get high enough in opponent's level, only option is to up your assist tools and get even more obvious. As someone who eats hackers for breakfast, take my word for it. Xonotic is about as hacker free a game can get. Remember to check out the stats pages and compare accuracy. It's just statistically very unlikely and rare for the loser to have a higher accuracy, especially when you're going past 50s and by such huge margin, and lastly to have that happen on almost every match.

Smilecythe, not that I'm good, but I just have to say those videos are so humbling. Wow! You even beat the robot!

I just don't understand why players use robot of any kind. How's it fun if you are not the only to play against the other human player??

If not for making yourself feel strong then I think it might be the feeling of experimentation for some, iirc some devs used to make all kinds of hacks to Xonotic just to get an idea how programming them in would work or something like that. Might be thanks to that that they're so easy to deflect and detect now.

In general you're usually better off worrying about your opponent being miles ahead in skill rather than him hacking.

Just one question, how could it be possible to shank hacks in other games?

(Ie stop people from using BlackBerry hardcore cheats like aimbots Walhalla wallhacks etc...)
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

I guess we would first have to figure out what ahilite means Smile
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Google thinks he meant to type affiliate. I can't figure out if that is more helpful or not Tongue

try "annihilate" Big Grin
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(11-29-2015, 06:10 PM)aa Wrote: Just one question, how could it be possible to affiliate hacks in other games?
If you're new to the game, you can't. The more you play, more you realize what's possible. New players in Xonotic often call hacks on even below average players for never dying, simply because they do not know they're stacking health and armor.

edit: and with new players I mean someone who's never tried a traditional arena shooter.

Edit. After many hopeless attempts to sole anialate, I gave up.

Apparently, you misunderstood me. While I have no clue what you were trying to say in your post smilikythe, I am pretty sure it wasn't replying to the orijinal question I asked.

Ugh, even I get accused of aimbotting. And I'm not even that good! I don't even see the point of making aimbots in a game that has only so few spurts of players that come/go. Waste of time.
[Image: 29025.png]

Just as a reminder: Please refrain from calling aimbots "hacking". The word hacking has a totally different origin and is not necessarily used in an evil context. Media has lead to a negative connotation.

Using aimbots ruins all the fun of such games. As far as I know Xonotic has a server-side protection, but there were some tries on aimbots in Nexuiz. Strange, that of all games Xonotic is the one without working aimbots..
This once again proves that free software is not more prone to attacks than proprietary one.

(03-03-2016, 05:28 PM)PetaByteBoy Wrote: Just as a reminder: Please refrain from calling aimbots "hacking". The word hacking has a totally different origin and is not necessarily used in an evil context. Media has lead to a negative connotation.
Also the word "cunt" is not really an insult in Australia, especially amongst the youth. Words have different meanings and weight in different areas and cultures, plus it can change rapidly in a short period of time. Deal with it.

(11-23-2015, 09:38 AM)Mario Wrote: The players you see online with super fast reflexes hitting "impossible" shots are just very skilled, or have played for a long time.
Nothing more, and certainly no hacks.

Unless I'm mistaken, some of the people who are playing this game may have cut their teeth in the original Quake. Unlike the more common FPSes today which put upper limits on a lot of things like movement speed and player skill (because of a more restrictive/more realistic/less abusable engine), Xonotic and other quake-likes will put a brand-spanking new newbie up against someone with 15+ years of experience who is likely hopping around like a bunny on speed with a rocket shoved up his arse, who also happens to be reasonably able to hit a Nex shot at that speed (because what other game today gives you that kind of movement ability?).

Newbies need to be made aware that they aren't just playing Yet Another Realistic FPS. They are playing something with a direct lineage to old school "We're doing this because it's fun, not because it makes sense" gaming, which also happens to be the same era when games were meant to be hard and take time to learn.

[Image: games-for-people-who-avoid-challenges.jpg]

Reminds me..

Easy lazy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Singleplayer - what do you think? ThePWTULN 17 16,136 11-26-2010, 01:38 PM
Last Post: nowego4