Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] /tell command instead of console

The tell command is a bit odd to use, but...

try this:

bind "u" "commandmode tell"
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

"tell" is not always usable, consider a player who uses a symbol as his nick, like a smiling face for example.
How can u type his nick in console?

Then indeed you'd have to find out that player's number via the "status" command and, if it is 1, for example, type "tell #1" in console. IIRC.

Personally I don't mind using the console for the tell command, but something more intuitive would certainly be nice for people that don't like consoles.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(06-16-2010, 03:53 AM)Halogene Wrote: Then indeed you'd have to find out that player's number via the "status" command and, if it is 1, for example, type "tell #1" in console. IIRC.

Personally I don't mind using the console for the tell command, but something more intuitive would certainly be nice for people that don't like consoles.

Thanks, I didn't know about the "status" command.
and yes still it should be easier to do, not everybody like to use the console, at least not for something trivial like this.

IIRC you can also type like "status 1" or "status 2" to get different views with correctly displayed colors and stuff. My memory is a bit vague here, haven't used that lately. And I tend to forget things that happened less than an hour ago.

Maybe it's time to join the old farts clan... wait, what was I on about? Oh. Nevermind.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Updating damage indicator on damage instead of creating another indicator rafallus 1 2,124 10-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [ACCEPTED] Bigger font size in console falco 6 4,985 04-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Last Post: -z-
  [SUGGESTION] Alt fire mode for Nex instead of scope? Smilecythe 28 31,404 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  [SUGGESTION] Friend/Enemy instead of Blue/Red where possible BlaXpirit 25 25,098 04-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Orange base and blue base instead of red and blue base? kay 24 19,279 06-07-2011, 02:00 AM
Last Post: divVerent
  [SUGGESTION] Projectile bullets/beams instead of hitscan rays Beefeater 22 20,816 06-23-2010, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Beefeater
  [SUGGESTION] Console during map-change -Lo- 27 25,633 06-05-2010, 04:10 PM
Last Post: XV22