Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Console Commands Tutorial

Many of you don't know console commands that might be useful sometimes Smile Remember you must turn on console should be in options and click ~ rebind it in binds tab.

1. cl_forceplayermodels (1 = On 0 = Off) Forces player model to your liking it will copy your player model for every other player.

2. cl_maxfps Cap your fps (0 = Unlimited)

3, fov Change your Field Of View instead of going to the menu and find your liking in game instead.

4. cl_forceplayercolors (1 = On 0 = Off) Force enemy colors to your color it also uses your player color for Team Gamemodes too (Example If you choose green for your color would be green for enemy doesn't use team color)

5. cl_gunalign Change gun align 1 = center (if allowed by g_shootfromclient) or right, 2 = center (if allowed by g_shootfromclient) or left, 3 = right only, 4 = left only

6. showfps Set it to 1 to show fps 0 = off

All this is very easily accessible via the menu? If you were aiming for a tutorial I would rather recommend to communicate the basics of the console such as auto-completion feature by pressing <TAB>, browsing command history access with <UP> and <DOWN> keys and the apropos command that helps you find any setting easily. People that feel uncomfortable with consoles may prefer to use the "Advanced settings" dialog (Settings window/Misc tab), where the filter already works like the apropos command in console.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Additionally there is an online tool similar to "advanced settings" inside the game, available at http://xonotic.org/tools/cacs

Note: I had an extension that broke that webpage working in Google Chrome. Disabling the offending extension fixed the issue. Quick check of the reviews also showed this happened for a bunch of other people as well over a bunch of other sites.
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

(03-09-2016, 01:27 AM)cefiar Wrote: Note: I had an extension that broke that webpage working in Google Chrome. Disabling the offending extension fixed the issue. Quick check of the reviews also showed this happened for a bunch of other people as well over a bunch of other sites.

I need more information about this if you'd like me to try and address the issue.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information Console Tips & Tricks BlaXpirit 29 66,331 02-13-2021, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Aguaumreal
  Disable map textures gl_picmip commands Beagle 3 6,092 05-25-2015, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Beagle
  Disabling console print in upper-left corner Zxen 4 7,616 12-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Last Post: s1lence