Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Startup image

I HAVE the logo from the homepage!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

You know, the logo changed a bit. Take a look at the contents of the quake circle. Find the differences :o)

There are SVG sources for the current logo somewhere, perhaps anyone can provide a link?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I don't know, i think I like rainerzufalldererste's logo better Smile
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

What part of
I HAVE THE LOGO SOURCE
don't you understand?

I downloaded it and added some white light!
Why do I have to say that so often?
MY NOOB STATS:

You are not using the right logo, this is the third time people try to tell you this.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

you got the logo source, but it's changed since you got it, so just get it again.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

(07-29-2010, 06:30 AM)Halogene Wrote: You know, the logo changed a bit. Take a look at the contents of the quake circle. Find the differences :o)
*bump*

Please compare the contents of your quake circle to the logo on the homepage http://www.xonotic.org.

Maybe you need to refresh your browser's cache, but that would be REALLY scary.

If you have the most current logo source (might be that the wiki is outdated there), please compare the image to the current logo on the homepage.

I'd really like to see this in the game, as many others would, but the last images you provided (with the alpha gradient) show the old logo.
My Xonstats Profile

I downloaded the source of the Xonotic Logo somewhere @dev.xonotic.org!
I opened the file with Photoshop
I chose the effect "White light" (or something like that)
I made some settings and got the image you see.
I thought it looks more *POP*-like than the Xonotic logo and some of you liked it better as well.
I know that "my" Xonotic logo is different from the one @the homepage
I also know that the Nexuiz start-up picture was different from the one on the website.
I think that were enough sentences starting with "I" Wink
MY NOOB STATS:

:o) ok, now we're getting somewhere. I can see your point, but it has been agreed by the "art direction" of the Xonotic development team to use the logo that is on the homepage. The Community was also involved. That's why it got exchanged, the one you were using is outdated. I fear (and many others fear as well, plus Diabolik has already confirmed) that your really nice work of art will not make it into Xonotic if it doesn't use the official and current logo. That's the way it is - no matter if you or any other Community member likes the old logo better than the current one. It would be a pity to have a really cool piece of art not being used because of such an issue.

If you don't want to adapt it, maybe someone else has a licensed Photoshop and is capable of changing the logo accordingly? Since I believe you released it under GPL this should be no problem?
My Xonstats Profile

The logo files in the wiki (http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/wiki/Logo) do not seem to be up to date.

The currently "official" logo, which is used on the website, can be found in the git package (mediasource/gfx/logo). You can also get it via HTTP: http://git.xonotic.org/
(http://git.xonotic.org/?p=xonotic/medias...f0;hb=HEAD)

Thx sev for posting the current sources!
So should I do another start-up picture?
Am I allowed to add white light? Wink no? it's okay, but I'm just answering!
...before I do another one that's wrong -.-
MY NOOB STATS:

...so what now, sev and DiaboliK and DivVerent?
MY NOOB STATS:

(07-30-2010, 10:26 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: Thx sev for posting the current sources!
So should I do another start-up picture?
Am I allowed to add white light? Wink no? it's okay, but I'm just answering!
...before I do another one that's wrong -.-

Here's what I would do:
  • * replace the old logo with the new one
    * make a layer with the logo
    * make another layer with the light effect only

This way you can publish the psd again and "to light or not to light" is just a matter of rendering invisible a layer.

(07-03-2010, 01:35 PM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: [Image: dm-12127818204713.png]
hope you like it
Very Cool!Big Grin

@tankmiche: the light effect is not a layer...
but I'll do a layer with it and one not using it Big Grin
@SkyHookers thank you! but this is not the newest logo...and there will be a newer version soon! Wink
MY NOOB STATS:

Photo 
FINISHED!!! Made some versions Big Grin!

.zip   xonotic startup pack-1.zip (Size: 6.64 MB / Downloads: 10) the zip-file contains a self-extracting-7zip-exe Big Grin
(had some problems with uploading! [my Firefox 4.0b2 crashed 2 times Sad ] that's the reason of being so late)

Slideshow!

and my personally favorite:
[Image: xonoticstartupnewlogo1.th.png]
MY NOOB STATS:

Very nice! I like number 2 or 3 best. Do they have the alpha gradient in the edges? (didn't see that in the slide show)
My Xonstats Profile

Yeah! I thought of that! (why should I forget I the Alpha-gradients?... Big Grin)
nice to hear, that you like my images! Smile
FruitieX could you now commit the images to git?

- new logo!
- Rounded edges
- black out-fade to all sides
- alpha gradient @left+right side
or did I forget anything?
MY NOOB STATS:

Photo 
Oh...SORRY!!!
I wasn't thinking of our non-windows-users Big Grin
Forgive me!
here's your 7z packed in a zip
(because you can't upload 7z files)

.zip   xonotic startup pack-2.zip (Size: 6.57 MB / Downloads: 5)
MY NOOB STATS:

Just FYI, if the .exe is an archive extractor (either made with zip or 7z, probably rar too) Ubuntu can still open it like it was a .zip or .7z package.
Just open the .exe with Archive Manager (Gnome).

I am trying to poke the devs on IRC about this.

I am thinking about maybe we could make the first two images fade into each other, like first image #1 and then, after half the loading time, slowly fading into image #2. Dunno if that's possible, but I certainly would like that.

If we use this image, we maybe should also design a different menu theme so that the design fits together nicely. Personally I really like that style of this startup image, so I'd also like a menu theme that follows this style. How to do a menu theme? No idea... :o/
My Xonstats Profile

thank you, Halogene! great! Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:

I agree it may be a better idea to use a map shot when loading, and use this image when starting up xonotic

will the map shots need alpha gradients? Tongue
MY NOOB STATS:

Perhaps not if map shot is imposed upon a larger image, sauerbraten style.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic custom icon for profile users - editing image tutorial LegendGuard 4 2,652 12-14-2020, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Julius
Photo New Nex hit decay image [help from Devs wanted here!] unfa 7 8,892 06-20-2010, 04:44 PM
Last Post: unfa