Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey hey!

Smile 
Just wanted to say hey! Started playing today, this is exactly what I've been looking for in an FPS! I come from a Quake and Q3 Arena upbringing and now I run Ubuntu Linux, so I have trouble running Quake Champions on my rig, or any other fast-paced FPS for that matter. I still have CS:GO, but that's a lot slower paced and different style of game. I still need my pure twitch-style deathmatches! I'm really thankful to the developers they're Linux-friendly. 
Anyway, looking forward to playing with you all. And if there's anything us players can do to help the developers keep this project going, please let me know!

(01-15-2019, 03:28 AM)Zoommair Wrote: Just wanted to say hey! Started playing today, this is exactly what I've been looking for in an FPS! I come from a Quake and Q3 Arena upbringing and now I run Ubuntu Linux, so I have trouble running Quake Champions on my rig, or any other fast-paced FPS for that matter. I still have CS:GO, but that's a lot slower paced and different style of game. I still need my pure twitch-style deathmatches! I'm really thankful to the developers they're Linux-friendly. 
Anyway, looking forward to playing with you all. And if there's anything us players can do to help the developers keep this project going, please let me know!

Hello! Nice to meet you...
--- https://BattleGrrls.GamePlayer.club - All-female Xonotic clan
--- https://sourceforge.net/projects/xonotic-utilities/ - My suite of utilities for Linux server operators

(01-15-2019, 07:32 AM)MarisaG Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 03:28 AM)Zoommair Wrote: Just wanted to say hey! Started playing today, this is exactly what I've been looking for in an FPS! I come from a Quake and Q3 Arena upbringing and now I run Ubuntu Linux, so I have trouble running Quake Champions on my rig, or any other fast-paced FPS for that matter. I still have CS:GO, but that's a lot slower paced and different style of game. I still need my pure twitch-style deathmatches! I'm really thankful to the developers they're Linux-friendly. 

Hello! Nice to meet you...

Hi! Nice to meet you too! Looking forward to seeing you in game

Welcome!
All i can say is: Stick with the game! There is a lot of fun waiting for you. 
I played the game like 6 years ago, but for some reason it really took time to grow on me (i played a lot of Q3 and UT99). So in my case i downloaded and deleted the game again and again. Then when my favorite UT server finally got shut down or at least became unplayable due latency issues, i started to spend more and more time in Xonotic. And now i'm hooked for months already. 
It's the perfect mix of being fun and being competitive (the reason i always prefeerd UT99 over Q3, although i spent  hundreds of hours in both games).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Hey, I'm a (new dev?) trying to improve anti-cheat Quantum 4 3,166 06-08-2020, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Hey hey :) Azergothil1 4 2,158 04-02-2020, 04:02 AM
Last Post: FAF
  Hey! Gibson 4 2,883 02-20-2020, 07:34 AM
Last Post: Draena
  hey what's up aa 5 3,164 08-21-2018, 02:53 PM
Last Post: aa
Wink Oh Hey, I'm Xator, I'd like to Introduce myself Xator 5 4,527 01-01-2017, 04:46 AM
Last Post: end user
  Hey! qwertyuiop924 6 4,736 04-28-2016, 04:08 AM
Last Post: Maddin
  Hey there guys! Tattorack 4 4,074 01-16-2016, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  Hey, I'm LDDestroier! LDDestroier 6 4,236 10-15-2015, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Hey! daninjadude 5 10,647 06-21-2015, 11:41 PM
Last Post: cefiar
  hey all tmash 4 3,390 06-14-2015, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Halogene