Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freddie Mercury was gay

mod edit: split from http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1053

Freddy Mercury was gay.
4m038105 - Be the change.

(09-30-2010, 07:48 PM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote: Freddy Mercury was gay.

He was also made of pure awesome Smile
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

But he was still gay lol though in this day and age I don't think it matters.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I don't think it even mattered back then. I'm also on the "Queen/Freddie Mercury equals awesomeness" train, used to be a huge fan.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

But there was even worse: he got a moustache.
Fat.bot.Slim

And that means?
[Tue Aug 5 2008] [00:15:01] <Ronan`> RoKenn, you're an evil person Tongue

Hey. The thread is now not about using a re-make of Queen's song to create a fun map but about moustaches of the gay. What the fish?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(10-01-2010, 06:59 PM)RoKenn Wrote:

And that means?

He was a happy person!
Or he liked MEN!
Or probably even both!!

(10-03-2010, 08:47 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(10-01-2010, 06:59 PM)RoKenn Wrote:

And that means?

He was a happy person!
Or he liked MEN!
Or probably even both!!

I read somewhere that word 'gay' meant 'happy' or 'jealous' some time ago. Just recently people on YouTube started using this word as if 'you are gay' meant 'you suck' instead of 'you're a jealous guy'. Wrong Smile

I'am into bringing back the old meaning!
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(10-03-2010, 09:34 AM)unfa Wrote: Just recently people on YouTube started using this word as if 'you are gay' meant 'you suck'
correct.
And this also even has a specific term: homophobia.
Fat.bot.Slim

i wouldn't call it a "phobia". It's like, when you
say, for example "stupid like a cow", does it mean you must be cow-a-phobic? People sometimes say or write stupid things, that's obvious. But in most cases, no "phobia" involved. No offence to anyone, but in my opinion "homophobia" as a term is slightly overused nowadays.

please some mercifull moderator, move most of those posts to offtopic or anywhere, or just delete them Smile
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(10-03-2010, 12:32 PM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: please some mercifull moderator, move most of those posts to offtopic or anywhere, or just delete them Smile

I can change the topic to "Another One Bites The Rainbow"...

"homophobia: irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals".
Exact same definition in french and spanish.

(10-03-2010, 12:32 PM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: i wouldn't call it a "phobia". It's like, when you
say, for example "stupid like a cow", does it mean you must be cow-a-phobic?
Of course not. Mostly because you likely have no fear of cows.
But concerning homophobia, there is a "phobia": we talk about fear because homosexuality challenges the sexuality of homophobic people.

And I agree on one point: we are definitely off-topic. Tongue
Fat.bot.Slim

"Gay" is not exactly a homophobic word, it all depends on context; sometimes it is in fact a very gay-friendly word.
And while many would say calling something "gay" as a negative quality is often done without anything directly homophobic in mind, the fact is that it does banalize the use of the word as an insult, which is just another way to make the kids think it's okay to associate homosexuality and bad things.
No direct homophobic intent, but it certainly does not help tolerance at all.

phobia shouldn't be the same as discrimination, fear is fear, dicrimination is discrimination. But i know that sometimes (usually?) fear is somehow connected with discrimination. Maybe i just look at it from strict medical point of view too much... If that's official definition, then i must live with it.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(10-03-2010, 02:01 PM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: But i know that sometimes (usually?) fear is somehow connected with discrimination.
Got the point, my friend!

woaw, I would have never bet on a thread named "Freddie Mercury was gay" on Xono forum...
Fat.bot.Slim

(10-03-2010, 01:57 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: "Gay" is not exactly a homophobic word, it all depends on context; sometimes it is in fact a very gay-friendly word.
And while many would say calling something "gay" as a negative quality is often done without anything directly homophobic in mind, the fact is that it does banalize the use of the word as an insult, which is just another way to make the kids think it's okay to associate homosexuality and bad things.
No direct homophobic intent, but it certainly does not help tolerance at all.

You've wrote a great thing Smile I totally agree.

Sometimes I can't resist felling that some people around the internet know only two phrases, and use them to describe whatever they encounter in the world:

"awesome" / "fukcing awesome" and "lol this sux" / "this is gay".

Sad.

I have no hate or love for man being sexually attracted by other man. I just haven't met any. And from what I hear - some of them (like Freddy Mercury) are great people, some of them much better than those who pick on them and are agressive to those people.

Another approach is what Bible says on this matter. IIRC there is written something that means a bad thing: those men who take part in sexual act with other man like with women do a very ugly thing and should be killed. I'am not sure if all the law (which contains that rule) was rejected by Christ, and only one thing that decides now is people's faith in Jesus. I don't know... I'd love it to be so, gotta read Bible to find out Smile

By the way: Freddie Mercury wasn't exactly gay. He was bisexual. He have had affairs with both woman and man. And how could he be so sexy on stage if he wasn't attracted by woman? Big Grin

Wtf, thread split? i guess i deserve this....

Btw: Gay is a philosophy. It means a pro-life attitude, acceptance of every individual and free love (free like in open-source). i was just stating the obvious! Tongue
i expected one or 2 witty remarks, but didn't intend a thread-split.

(And i love his Super-Mario-moustache!)

(10-05-2010, 02:54 PM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote: Gay is a philosophy. It means a pro-life attitude, acceptance of every individual and free love (free like in open-source)

...yes...yes...yes... WHAT?!?!?!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

What, i thought it was quite obvious: the cute names, the open-mindedness.... and even the girls have suspiciously strong hands....

Freddie Mercury? who is that?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Gay? who is that?
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

(10-10-2010, 04:12 AM)FruitieX Wrote: Gay? who is that?

xsax?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Linus Torvalds? Who is that?

Who is love?

"Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more...."