• 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
vectorwars1r8

download here

shot1

shot 2

shot 3

shot 4

shot 5

this is the first release version, although the 8th generation, please tell me what you think Smile
by the way, if you want to add it to an official repo just ask, i have the uncompressed tga textures here, but i gave you jpg for now to save the webservers catching on fire

looks nice but... the red is too red and the blue is too blue Big Grin

this comment follows "i have no idea what base im in"

your right though i could replace that texture with something a little less insane

[Image: 8ihagzivkfa4t4d9xys9_thumb.jpg]

1) at several points the light is too big, maybe reduce it a bit because it gaves you really ugly white spots.

2) since its an exposed position, there could be a be something better like a bigger health package (50, because its not very hard to reach)

[Image: rsmf76mwjqbseyqszla2_thumb.jpg]

make the edge on the left like you did it on the right. it looks better and you cant overrun it

[Image: 8b8n6kuav23somqkkh2_thumb.jpg]
i think you got a suitable trimtexture Blush

[Image: 27lutuhcmc4qcc5u1j_thumb.jpg]
use there a round patch, so you can aviod a black hole

cortez666 thank you very much i will ammend these changes asap

nice fabz ill do a revision after castles. With your new texture shader knowledge you should deferentially texture a gun in game with carbon fiber/ stainless textures.
I think I can make the textures look better with some brush work. I still find some a bit weird, but i love the upper center area, it has a really good feel Smile
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

(04-04-2010, 03:03 AM)Cuinnton Wrote: nice fabz ill do a revision after castles. With your new texture shader knowledge you should deferentially texture a gun in game with carbon fiber/ stainless textures.
I think I can make the textures look better with some brush work. I still find some a bit weird, but i love the upper center area, it has a really good feel Smile

cuinnton : where do i find the source files for the guns? I'd really like to texture a weapon!

Great map! Lighting may be an issue in some case though...
For example, when you are in the flag room, under the stairs its completely black... nice nex-camping spot...

The map seems really fun to play, but with bots...
Thanks to the devs!
PM me if you need something... I'll be happy to help for any translation work needed...

(04-05-2010, 12:19 PM)Taximus Wrote: Great map! Lighting may be an issue in some case though...
For example, when you are in the flag room, under the stairs its completely black... nice nex-camping spot...

The map seems really fun to play, but with bots...

I agree with the lighting in some spots being a bit to 'in your face' but as far as the looks goes, I like it very much Tongue

*update*
I'm going to be completely retexturing this map, keeping only a few of the ones seen in the previous shots

Getting pretty low framerate compared to some other maps...
Was the map optimised?
Or was optimisation still to be done?
maybe it as to do with the lighting...
We'll see with the new version coming...
Continue your great work!
Thanks to the devs!
PM me if you need something... I'll be happy to help for any translation work needed...

(04-22-2010, 07:16 PM)Taximus Wrote: Getting pretty low framerate compared to some other maps...
Was the map optimised?
Or was optimisation still to be done?
maybe it as to do with the lighting...
We'll see with the new version coming...
Continue your great work!

yeah i get that comment a lot... I think the big fps killer is these new cubemaps... I'll have to redesign the shaders and lighting!

thanks for your feedback Taximus Smile