Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[MoFo] With A Shotgun [Shotgun Only]

Mofo With A Shotgun

This time its all about the shotgun. I've increased the shot strength and force. Its kinda unpredictable but up close its instant death and at different distances the player with fly back from the shot force especially if they are already in the air. They/you also have a chance of dying from hitting the wall from the shot force.

I left health packs on so to make it more interesting. I left health regen on but might disable it to make players pay more attention to gathering health packs.

Currently don't have that many maps on it but will be mostly smaller arena maps. I'll be uploading more maps today.

There's Pony and Ubot models.

I've activated Wall Jumping. Pressing the jump button several times will cause you to go up wall or bounce off them to attack or avoid eating shotgun fire.

To join search for Mofo With A Shotgun
or na.killer.xxx:26005
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Well had positive feedback on the server. Got a few players on it for quite a bit (Up to 9) untill I fucked up the settings lol. No more black maps, its fixed Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Added irc channel

Server: Quakenet
Chan: #shotgun.xonotic

Ok, admit it. It was all your relatives on the server ;-)
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

(01-05-2014, 06:02 PM)Pendulla Wrote: Ok, admit it. It was all your relatives on the server ;-)

Yes Sad

Hmm.... ping is very different. Maybee they live alll across the globe, but i dont really thinks so. Good job on the server, nice server!
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(01-06-2014, 01:43 AM)aa Wrote: Hmm.... ping is very different. Maybee they live alll across the globe, but i dont really thinks so. Good job on the server, nice server!

Thanks, the server is at OVH in Montreal same box as SMB/ESK. My ping was high for some reason but even EU players can still get semi ok ping. Would be nice to get a server in the UK or NY but no cheap severs there.

I added some more maps today. Space maps work good with the shotgun as you can make players fly off the map, ftw.

Some players asked me where is the laser, well I removed it to keep it simple plus we have wall jumping which keeps the shotgun active with out having to worry about weapon switching.

Well we made it to #8 on the server list in 3 days Smile http://stats.xonotic.org/server/411

I'm thinking of a 1vs1 duel server based on this one. Probably calle it Mofo With A Duel Shotgun Big Grin I'll have to go through lots of maps and pick the ones that will fit the 1vs1, will take me a few days.

Also JFYI there is no laser on this server and there never will be. There's Wall Jumping which works much better for this game play.

Added more maps today mostly Q3 maps which aren't too cramped looking since Xon models are bigger and the maps need to be scaled to look good. They are missing thumbnails but I'll add a thumbnail serer package later today.

This is my all time favorite server!

Ok the server is back with me with a new name. The Shotgun & Bubble Gum comes from here

The server is back to the old settings and maps before I left a year+ ago. Its based at OVH Montreal.

Back to the old name Tongue Just slowly getting the servers back inline with the branding.

[Mofo] With A Shotgun [Shotgun Only]

All future discussion should go here as this thread will be locked https://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=7511

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CA only Server ".broccoli | Clan Arena" - EU Based aeh 1 971 03-07-2023, 03:53 AM
Last Post: FAF
  Unjust ban on the only active DM server, what can be done? nj 30 10,851 08-02-2022, 07:04 AM
Last Post: nj
  how to have blue team only with bots and red team 1 human player and 2 bots billyjoe 7 7,394 09-04-2021, 11:53 AM
Last Post: AndK
  [ MoFo ] Servers Master Thread end user 5 4,957 11-27-2020, 09:33 PM
Last Post: end user
  [MoFo] Gear Grinder [Vehicles] end user 26 17,709 08-19-2017, 02:19 PM
  [Mofo] Rifle Riot [Camping Rifle/CRA] end user 73 61,025 08-19-2017, 02:18 PM
  [MoFo] Pick Me Up [Montreal] Pick up server end user 3 4,087 11-14-2015, 10:47 PM
  [MoFo] Foul Play [Overkill Mod] North America end user 4 4,708 11-09-2015, 03:12 PM
  MoFo is back! Mario 0 2,796 02-25-2015, 12:26 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [ Drive Mofo ] Vehicle CTF Server end user 5 6,947 03-01-2014, 05:12 PM