Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic + Warsow

(07-04-2014, 07:23 AM)aa Wrote: What conserns me is splitting of the "100 competeive players" into so many of the games. In the end, it ends up being having the games with nano-communities, none of which are sufficient. If those playeres were diviged among a smaller number of games, then it would have beeen better. The same appplies to developers as well, united together those people could achive more together rather then trying ot pull their own little loads themselves. In that case, the communities, or even good if One Onish opensource Fps would be better with larger, more activre community. You might say that a larger community does not guarantee a a more active one, but if you have more people to begin with, there are bigger chances of finding active, dedicated people within it. And I think that active people will multiply, and not just add, and that will be mean that the are more productiver together.

Bingo! The thing that sucks is that I wasn't expecting a bunch of other arena FPS to spring up like crazy all at the same time. So many Quake based games that all could have been combined together into one game.

But the one dev that does it right might be able to sponge up a good amount of the casual and competitive people. Hopefully Nex becomes that game.

FFA gameplay with bots on map Fuse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeHKN89EqyU

Sorry if it's mention here somewhere already, but what purpose or niche does warxon tries to fullfill?

This mix of wsw and xon looks for me like chinese games for NES.
example:

But im not against it, maybe i even try to play this warxon.
P.S. yahay 200th post Heart
<machine> dude, i know i suck Smile
<OHSNAP! Mossepo> but you dont like finko-suck, u have potential to be good
Diomedes: Finko: You are the most intelligent guy in this community.

(08-06-2014, 01:08 AM)machine! Wrote: Sorry if it's mention here somewhere already, but what purpose or niche does warxon tries to fullfill?

I'm also trying to figure out what purpose this thread tries to fulfill now. If it turns into an advertising thread with no discussion, I'm not sure we can keep this going, considering that all of extone's posts are about this project.

I'm not involved with Warxon's development so I have no interest in promoting it. However, I tried it and for a 0.1 alpha it seems nice. Of course, building on two already established games makes it much easier to build something decent from the beginning.

As for Warxon's purpose, are FPS open source games becoming like Linux distros? I mean, it seems that every day there's a new fork or a new Debian-derived / Ubuntu-derived distro and you wonder what's the point. Why? Because you can. Smile
Ciao Smile
Massimo

It's like we've become NexuizXonotic OS

I'd rather them have put the effort into doing a eSports branch of Xonotic or say Warsaw then creating a totaly new name/game and a LOT of distros should be merged.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(10-13-2014, 12:44 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: It's like we've become NexuizXonotic OS

Big Grin

Hmm,I'll try it out.But i actually don't like the new version of wsw.But hey i will try it out.
[Image: 22172.png]

(10-13-2014, 06:14 AM)Mirio Wrote: Big Grin

I forgot how that player was named Sad

Something starting with a B? It had some K's in it too?

EDIT: Ahhh, just as I posted it came back to me. Kakaofurz of course?

EDIT: Spelling. And I was right. http://www.alienTRAP.org/forum_old/viewt...f=3&t=3976

Oh my Jit! What a remarkable piece of trolling! That guy is my star from now on-nom-nom!!! What a pity that thread collected so little human food, could have been so much more funny....
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

The best of kackaofurz happened ingame I think. As you can see from his post count, his appearance on the forum was exceptional.

Any logs, by any chance?
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

That thread was gold.
[Image: 9074.png]

Looks like a good game to follow through its development. Do you have a rss feed that I can subscribe to?

(12-09-2014, 07:22 PM)Matoro Wrote: Looks like a good game to follow through its development. Do you have a rss feed that I can subscribe to?
https://twitter.com/WarxonGame

Anyone know what happened to Warxon? If I try to go to the project's website there's only a message telling me that their account was suspended.
Ciao Smile
Massimo

Oh that game, the dev hosted some fun tourneys but I doubt it was a serious effort to compete with other arena shooters. I would guess it's dead or at least put on hold.

They should have put the effort into Xonotic.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Anyone got their hands on any original Warxon maps btw? Would love to do some play testing in Xonotic if someone is willing to port them over.

Were they exclusive to warxon? Some that I've seen look pretty cool.
[Image: 38443.png]

Splat!

If they were using Xonotic's content then the game is GPL, there is no other way. This means you can use everything "original" from that game as that's what the GPL is all about. You can do what you please with the content relased under this licence as long as you provide the source (like the .map file). Its not CC, but it wouldn't hurt to credit original author as well. You know, just to be just.

Here are the files

Community Map Pack 1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B69Ha9d...view?pli=1

Game

Net Radiant support

Only maps I don't remember seeing somewhere else were Xtn and Sphere (chances are they're original maps). There's also Diesirae which is from Q3/QL, but it has a pretty nice Xonotic esque reskin with textures. If someone is bored enough could you try porting Xtn and Diesirae over?

Don't bother with sphere, it's literally just a sphere with another sphere inside it and it doesn't look fun or interesting even for casual play. Rest of the maps are by Justin and Cityy pretty much with slight differences, I think there was one map by Cortez666 too but we've all seen them in Xonotic. I've no idea if you guys have been credited properly, the client didn't throw me any info about map author.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warsow 2.0 released with nearly all assets CC-by-SA poVoq 3 4,454 12-03-2015, 08:39 AM
Last Post: Antibody
  Xonotic players in Warsow. Finko 18 19,446 02-03-2014, 11:08 PM
Last Post: Racoon
  Warsow goes 1.0 Micha 24 20,972 08-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Last Post: frostwyrm333
  Hitler vs Instagib in Warsow Apr0ph1z 9 9,739 12-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Last Post: poVoq