Create an account

Poll: Whatdayathink?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
why not?
57.14%
4 57.14%
cool story bro
28.57%
2 28.57%
lol this sux
14.29%
1 14.29%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Another One Bites The Dust!

Hey! Let's go!

Code:
Steve walks warily down the street,
With the brim pulled way down low
Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet,
Machine guns ready to go
Are you ready, Are you ready for this
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat
Chorus

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get you too

How do you think I'm going to get along,
Without you, when you're gone
You took me for everything that I had,
And kicked me out on my own

Are you happy, are you satisfied
How long can you stand the heat
To the sound of the beat
Chorus

There are plenty of ways you can hurt a man
And bring him to the ground
You can beat him
You can cheat him
You can treat him bad and leave him
When he's down
But I'm ready, yes I'm ready for you
I'm standing on my own two feet
Repeating the sound of the beat

Recently I was discovering the great power of Queen's music.

And I got to start a little re-make of Another One Bites The Dust.
I was wondering if it could ever become a part of the game Smile

Lyrics somehow might suit the game - that could be a soundtrack for some special level. Kind of joke, you know Smile

[AUDIO] [SOURCE]

I was thinking if should I place this thread in Offtopic, but... well. Let it be. You can moderate me to death if you wish so. I won't object it.

PS:

Another idea appeared in my head: an official fun/offtopic/lol level. Something like Augenkrebs (I prefer the german name, it has more character in sound I think) maybe?

Using the music trigger (if I understand how it works) could be used to play different music in every room of that map Smile

One room being a tribute to Queen, another to Quake, another to Dragon Ball Z, whatever people love. And deathmatch played there Big Grin
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

That's pretty interesting. I voted yes, but as long as it isn't overused in too many maps. Music with lyrics don't mix well with Nex/Xon, but I'm still willing to try something like this. Could be pretty cool. Smile

(09-30-2010, 05:57 PM)Friskydingo Wrote: Music with lyrics don't mix well with Nex/Xon, but I'm still willing to try something like this.

I might try my best to record the vocal line once the music is finished, but the "instrumental" version could be used as well.

No one can beat Freddy, anyway... Not yet! Big Grin
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Won't work, because the song has a copyright. Even if it's a fan remake, it still won't be able to comply with the GPL. Something similar happened with Lemmings back in the day and the developers had to pay royalty fees. That's also why there won't be any fan-remade maps (like Deck16 and Face) in Xonotic's official release. As a song not intended to be included though and made for artistic purposes not distributed under the GPL shouldn't be too much of a problem as long as it's all made from scratch.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(09-30-2010, 05:44 PM)unfa Wrote: Another idea appeared in my head: an official fun/offtopic/lol level. Something like Augenkrebs (I prefer the german name, it has more character in sound I think) maybe?

Using the music trigger (if I understand how it works) could be used to play different music in every room of that map Smile

One room being a tribute to Queen, another to Quake, another to Dragon Ball Z, whatever people love. And deathmatch played there Big Grin

Hehe...

augenkrebs is already remade for Xonotic, using even more awesomeness Tongue (especially: insane warpzones).

But... yes, such a "collaborative fun map" could be a great idea. I'm all for it.

Regarding the song - trying it out soon.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

(10-01-2010, 02:51 AM)divVerent Wrote: Hehe...

augenkrebs is already remade for Xonotic

Oh god, what have you done?! lol
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(10-01-2010, 06:05 AM)Antibody Wrote:
(09-30-2010, 07:48 PM)The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote: Freddy Mercury was gay.

He was also made of pure awesome Smile

Agreed Big Grin
I was thinking of making a re-make from scratch. I might not make it an exact remake but only include some well known musical phrases so anybody will recognize it. Even this what I already have is enough recall Queen.

Track doesn't have to bee an exact remake, doesn't have to include vocal line with original lyrics. I don't know if that kind of thing (let's call it a musical 'quotation') would be legal and/or possible to label as GPL...

Augenkrebs remade? Cool Big Grin

If you're wondering what unfa's post is all about, the thread was split: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1067

That would be totally cool but i imagine zombies heads exploding like mellons and arms flying as you shot a magic butten that sends like a giant obeject like a pumpkin or a eleivater lands on them or razor sharp disk come flying around.

I'd like to see some cool game types in xonotic like zombies or infection for target practis.
I never seen a game type in any game that you would have to fight to be the key master exept for nexuiz>i thought it was fun

it would be cool to have shooting sound effects while kill zoneing in epic song

Killing zombie horde with "Another One Bites The Dust" seems like a thing from Monthy Python Smile I like it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Updating damage indicator on damage instead of creating another indicator rafallus 1 2,146 10-07-2017, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Yet another physics and balance revamp Lee_Stricklin 3 3,845 04-28-2016, 04:14 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  [SUGGESTION] Loading only one player model when forcing cccxd 1 2,799 08-28-2015, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] idea for the plot... if there is one. Wario 16 12,264 08-05-2012, 08:37 AM
Last Post: aa
Star [SUGGESTION] Another Menu rainerzufalldererste 11 14,311 12-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Samual