Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FirstBlood - CTF Map

Photo 
Today I made my FIRST working Map!

.pk3   FirstBloodRZDE.pk3 (Size: 1.21 MB / Downloads: 38)

I hope that I'll upload some screenshots tomorrow Wink
I hope you like it Wink
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Interesting map.
Ok, visually speaking, there is still some work to do.
But I like very much its enclosed structure. Could perfectly fit for 2v2 i guess.
Nice work.

Edit:
2 potential problems:
- it is possible to jump from a balcony to the other one, so it allows to make some caps in less than 5 sec . Maybe, by inserting something in between in the air, or by lowering the roof level, you could avoid this.
- the large rectangle windows allow to spam flag bases a lot.
Fat.bot.Slim

thank you!

here some screenshots

MY NOOB STATS:

Version 2

.pk3   FirstBloodb2RZDE.pk3 (Size: 1.76 MB / Downloads: 2)

MY NOOB STATS:

I'm going to have a long list of suggestions, just remember that's all they are and you have a very good structure.
• The map is very center strong, I think this is caused by the two mega armors and Nex and quad all being there. Try replacing the megas with a 50 health on one side and a 50 armor on the other.
• With two Rifles on a map this size, I would consider replacing the Nex with a RL.
• The quad can be reached by anybody who just happens to be there at the right time. I would put it next to the ceiling so a laserjump is required to get it.
• If you add the RL, it'll need ammo. You could put all different kinds of ammo on the shelf where the 5hp healths and armor shards are, moving these to the base.
• I don't think you need the angled invisible jumpad at the top of the shaft. Sometimes it malfunctions and hit you twice or something. Just make it like the jumpad in Stormkeep, the one next to the strength. Put the target for the bottom jumpad on the edge, so it will shoot you up to that and then your momentum will carry you past the edge.
• Something to let people know that there's a jumpad there. Doesn't need to be a model or anything, maybe a grate or a weapon spawn circle.
• Some ramp trim would be nice. Texture it with steel or wood, something to break up the stone.

Again, just suggestions, what I would like to see. Could be personal preference.

Really like the triangles in the middle. Smile
Ok, tried beta 2.

Managed 5.58 cap.

Two RLs? KaBlooiE! Isn't that a bit much?

thank you! I'll look after the map again! Wink
MY NOOB STATS:

You don't have to re-release the map after each person tells you what they want Smile
GJ

Next Version Big Grin

.pk3   FirstBloodb3RZDE.pk3 (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 24)

MY NOOB STATS:

I tried the V3:

- The textures you added in the side areas are nice. They provide a good spriritual atmosphere to the map (btw, i'm not sure this fully fits with the whole xonotic theme...). Now, the rest of the map is still pretty "raw". The trap would be to map the whole core area with complex textures, because it would break the good overall visibility. Some tradeoff has to be found imo.

- The two bases roughly look like greek temples. This could be nice to add triangle roofs, something like:
[Image: greek_temple.jpg]

- the teleporter bugs quite often. I guess the solution would be to make the effective jumping area smaller than the vertical tunnel.

It would be useful that some ctf pros give some gameplay inputs.
Fat.bot.Slim

if you dont use any additional textures, which require shaders you dont have to add a scripts folder.

In the map folder are just...
- the folder
- the mapinfo file
- the map file
- the bsp file
and the map screenshot important. you simply can delete the rest.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

By the look of it you have a lot of lights... without light sources! You should try adding in torches or cutting windows/skylights in. If you are going for that temple look that has been suggested, this may work in your favour Smile

Good job so far though! I really quite like the map, its got a lot of potential.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

Look's like it could be a fun 2v2 map Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

thank you for this big feedback Smile
I'll look after the map again Wink
MY NOOB STATS:

That little doorway to get into the bottom of the base has got to be one of the most provocative things I've ever seen. It's almost as provocative as you are dedicated to releasing the map every 5 minutes Big Grin

V3 is much better, down to 1 RL and the jumpad is (mostly) fixed.
I'm personally not a big fan of torches, especially if you can get caught on them. Maybe just glowing orbs (japanese lanterns?) or some glowing alien plants (I think somebody was working on those in the 'Map prop modelers wanted' thread).

I don't think being able to spam the base from the window is a bad thing, because if not for that this map would be very prone to camping.

I don't know if this is a good idea or not (probably not) but you could add a shaft from the Rifle platform down to the base. Or maybe a one way teleporter. Definitely not warpzones or two way teleporters though, this would make it to easy to get out.

Update: (only screenshots)
    these lights?
    I don't like them!
    For this light some light object,too?

MY NOOB STATS:

When I say skylight, you should be able to see sky Tongue

[Image: skylight.jpg]

So the two black lines are your ceiling brushes, then the blue line would be another brush that is just textured with a skybox texture. Evidently the ceiling brush thickness varies but you get the idea.

The yellow arrows are light.

I started to look at the map again Smile

Does that look nice?

(without HDR, ...)
MY NOOB STATS:

Well, if you ask me, it does.
Moved to Mepper

thank you! Wink
MY NOOB STATS:

Clearly I was correct, as always Tongue

(04-03-2011, 09:17 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: I started to look at the map again Smile

Does that look nice?
(without HDR, ...)

This looks very nice! Great work!!! Any plans to put it on the map compile server?

Hmm this reminds me a lot of tomb raider...thumbs up!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CTF] ctf_moba (league of legends/dota styled map) _para 2 622 05-06-2023, 02:46 AM
Last Post: _para
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,657 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,149 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Waterland, a CTF map with vehicles Julius 6 5,631 11-06-2017, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Julius
  [CTF/TDM] New map ruinctf (insta/vanilla) kwakkiezalf 2 3,144 07-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Last Post: kwakkiezalf
  [WIP] Skybases (vehicle CTF map) Penguinum-tea 0 3,177 05-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Penguinum-tea
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,497 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [WIP]4-team ctf map kammy 2 3,472 08-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [WIP] unnamed ctf map thing kammy 0 2,128 03-02-2013, 05:22 PM
  Wip Ctf map... kammy 8 6,390 02-14-2013, 07:32 PM