Create an account

Poll: is this a good idea
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
8 66.67%
No
33.33%
4 33.33%
Total 12 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] extra player animation frame

Awhile ago back in the old gamethatshallnotbenamed forums there was discussion on open air vehicles. they decided that because there was no sitting down animation that open air vehicles where not possible. now that all the player models are getting revamped why don't we add in an extra frame which has a sitting position so open air vehicles will be possible.Smile
all is for naught when from him who doth not see

Well, it could be done. I just don't really agree with the concept of any type of vehicle in Xonotic.

while it definently doesn't fit with the dm/tdm/capture the flag modes there are onslot and assault modes which are very UT2004-ish but need vehicles to be complete

Vehicles can work in CTF, just not the way you're used to probably. The UT games made use of them for such modes, as well as Tribes. Vehicles would have to be restricted to larger maps though.
This is my laser, this is my gun,
This is for plinking, this is for FUN!

BrFJ: wtf with the jumpad
BrFJ: rofl
vael: oh, you'll wtf with the... a few more times don't worry

[Image: badge.png]

Well I just meant the physics of the game. I don't see Xonotic physics fitting with vehicles. Maybe that's just me.

Erusavion - The main problem is that the nex/xon physics are already rather fast for players which means for vehicles things are going to need to get silly Tongue

Heh...400mph vehicles that could increase speed by jumping repeatedly and gain speed on any ramped surface. Big Grin

That's my point Sepelio

has anyone seen tzork's work? the spider bot and racer both seemed to work fine when i used them.

EDIT: the point of this thread is not weather to have vehicles. (that was already done in nex forums.) it is weather to make a sitting frame so that we can make open air vehicles

I don't think somebody bunnyhopping at 120MPH would even compare to the speed of say a C&C Orca-inspired aircraft.

Returning to the point. I agree that there should be a sitting animation. Maybe even an animation for "getting into" the craft (if at all possible)?

A sitting animation? Just make "closed" vehicles and you have no problem. That also spares you from thinking about "shall hitting the player in the vehicle give extra damage". Also maybe closed vehilcles like tZorks and tank like things fit better into Xonotic.. if at all.
Real signature is still in production!

(03-28-2010, 06:18 AM)esteel Wrote: A sitting animation? Just make "closed" vehicles and you have no problem. That also spares you from thinking about "shall hitting the player in the vehicle give extra damage". Also maybe closed vehilcles like tZorks and tank like things fit better into Xonotic.. if at all.

I agree.

If I can kamikaze/eject/jump off the vehicle while it's going 400m/h into a bunch of enemies, firing a rocket at them while I'm in the air, the car exploding on impact and blowing them up to pieces expect for one enemy that gets finished off by my rocket, sure I want a car. Would be even cooler while doing a backflip midair.

That image makes me happy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] ragdoll death animation request Droid 28 33,340 02-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Last Post: Nahuel
  [SUGGESTION] Skeletal Animation Jergling 14 16,270 10-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Last Post: jal