Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

I just got a new gaming laptop desktop replacement and wanted to try this "gaming on Windows" thing for the first time, ever. After downloading the latest autobuild from beta.xonotic.org, I notice that the build timestamp on the Windows executables is from 2020-03-23, whereas the Linux executables are up to date, with timestamps that match the zipball's creation date.

Question:
  • Are the Windows builds broken and/or outdated? If yes, what's the problem?
  • Is it required to compile for Windows myself if I want to get the latest Xonotic on Windows?
  • Can I do something to unblock Windows builds in the Xonotic CI or something, because I'm actually a system engineer?
This "issue" might make me switch to Linux primarily again Wink
[Image: 24333.png]

(03-11-2021, 03:00 PM)R+e^i Wrote: I just got a new gaming laptop desktop replacement and wanted to try this "gaming on Windows" thing for the first time, ever. After downloading the latest autobuild from beta.xonotic.org, I notice that the build timestamp on the Windows executables is from 2020-03-23, whereas the Linux executables are up to date, with timestamps that match the zipball's creation date.

Question:
  • Are the Windows builds broken and/or outdated? If yes, what's the problem?
  • Is it required to compile for Windows myself if I want to get the latest Xonotic on Windows?
  • Can I do something to unblock Windows builds in the Xonotic CI or something, because I'm actually a system engineer?
This "issue" might make me switch to Linux primarily again Wink

There have been no engine code changes since Mar 23 2020 - that's why. The engine has a development branch with newer code, but it is not ready to release yet.

In other words: both binaries are equally current. Different file dates may be an artifact of our build system.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

How to set Zoom Fov? I know there is the command cl_zoomfactor. Tough i actually would like to know what the actual fov while zooming is (i want to copy my Quake settings)
Anyone has a clue how zoomfactor actually works?

**Edit**
Meh, i'm stupid. I think it just divides the current FOV through that factor? For example if i set a Fov of 100 and a zoomfactor of 5 it would actually mean 100/5 = Fov 20 while zooming.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Begginer questions Azev 1 386 01-31-2021, 06:38 PM
Last Post: Gwlanbzh