Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic 1on1 Tournament

(02-15-2011, 11:59 AM)Debugger Wrote: I think we can use maps like final_rage and warfare without problems for that tourney. They are already retextured so I dont see a problem here Smile

look at the first posts of this thread

PGP_Qz Wrote:maps : strange (stormkeep !), missing textures (a lot), proper list of 1on1 maps needed.
As i said the git version doesnt include the nexuiz textures anymore.
http://www.filefront.com/17861502/xonoti...compat.pk3
put this in your data folder and it should solve the problems

then you would see it doesnt matter

(02-15-2011, 11:59 AM)Debugger Wrote: Will this tourney be world-wide? (server coordination needed!) Wink

i doubt that. if the sign up time would be long enough, there will be enough player.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I can host an NA version of this on my servers. (but i'm going to use my balance)

BTW, I also would recommend adding downer_final (Cortez's remake of downer) to the map rotation, that map actually has really good gameplay imo.

final-rage is broken in Xonotic, it isn't REALLY even halfway worked on. I would suggest using my repack of the map instead, since the one made for Xonotic so far is just a very early WIP with broken things about it. Here is the link for the repack: http://samual.nexuizninjaz.com/curlstuff...repack.pk3

Aggressor for xonotic sucks because of the warpzones (The map is ALREADY small), so just use the aggressor from Nexuiz. It won't need retextured, since it uses trak textures. Another map to consider is "heart" -- it's ugly and unfinished, but the gameplay is fun too.

There are probably others which i'm forgetting, but those are most notable

Heart is too small really I think.

Stormkeep
downer

and maybe perkele, are the good map's I can think of at the moment that should go in the map pool.

Has anyone checked out Atelier yet also>?
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(02-18-2011, 02:53 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Heart is too small really I think.

Stormkeep
downer

and maybe perkele, are the good map's I can think of at the moment that should go in the map pool.

Has anyone checked out Atelier yet also>?
Well, heart is larger than downer physically... I think it would be fine. I played it in a 1v1 earlier and it's pretty okay, the only problem I had with it was that the trick jumps were hard to do in some places. Also: Atelier is pretty damn awesome too, I haven't played it in a 1v1 yet but it looks good++. Another suggestion maybe is also Aqueous (with some fixes) -- that map is good too, but needs fixes.

I've played heart, think it is too small and doesn't enough kind of tactical gameplay, it's basically like a figure of 8. Downer on the other hand, is small and compact but has more little nooks and crevaces.

stormkeep, bloodrun, aerowalk, darkzone must I say more?

(06-26-2011, 12:29 PM)vipus Wrote: stormkeep, bloodrun, aerowalk, darkzone must I say more?

nothing you just have to wait till the discussion ends and someone decided to organize it.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

We can remove those q3 maps for starters -> bloodrun/aerowalk.

Stormkeep, final_rage, darkzone, ruined (maybe)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ranking Duel 1 Tournament | Xonotic League 20 Kotangens 3 2,555 01-08-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  ZenSports Duel Tournament for $200 PayPal kanyeshrayz 0 2,132 09-14-2020, 10:51 AM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
  $150 1v1 Duel Tournament on 9/12 kanyeshrayz 2 2,571 09-13-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: _para
  ZenSports Xonotic Tournament kanyeshrayz 0 1,876 09-01-2020, 10:12 AM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
  Which tournament would you like to see? Mirio 17 10,854 05-27-2020, 03:27 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Star DOXA TOURNAMENT - Xonotic 2020 DUEL CUP zeroql 24 16,072 04-26-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  Duel Instacup (1v1 Instagib tournament) kougi 18 11,873 10-31-2017, 04:30 PM
Last Post: kwakkiezalf
  Tournament donations Mirio 0 4,214 10-13-2017, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  Tri-Mode Tournament #1 Mirio 70 59,655 10-21-2015, 04:14 PM
Last Post: doctor.fsh
  Tri-Mode Tournament #1 - Map voting (OVERKILL) Mirio 1 3,865 03-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Last Post: Mirio