Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Projectiles/weapons fire match player color

Title says it all, since there has been a glow applied to the weapons anyway I thought it would be cool to take it a step further and apply it to the weapons fire of plasma weapons and maybe all the other ones as well. It would also be a good idea to apply the player colors to the nex glow as well, but have it go from dark to bright to indicate charge. On a side note the glow on the weapons in first person view should be toned down a bit, but left as is in third person.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I suggested this too some time back too. I think it could some good eye candy and good added customization if implemented.

I think it's a good idea as well, but I wouldn't want it enabled by default (perhaps make it a mutator?). If weapon projectile color is entirely dependent on the players skin color, then all kinds of different color projectiles would be flying around. I think this would be potentially confusing to a new player, simply due to the inconsistency in colors making it difficult to identify what is being fired (though I could be wrong, I guess I would just have to see it in-game). I do however think that this should be a default setting in minsta games (if it's not already), thinking of ut2004 instagib as an example.

It would be quite complex to do this in general, as particle effects can't just be recolored. For specific guns, it shouldn't be hard though to just make 4 separate effectinfo effects, but doing that for all of them is way too much.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Maybe only make it for team games in team color, similar to Warsow lightning gun? That way we'd have a maximum of 4 colors I think, would that help?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

like the idea!!! <3
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I agree with Halogene. If the only problem we're facing is the amount of colour, then having specific colours might make it work.
E=mc ^ 2 only applies to rest bodies. The one we should be using is E=mc^2 √1 - v^2/c^2 Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Reducing player color saturation GREAT-DNG 0 263 01-02-2024, 06:13 AM
Last Post: GREAT-DNG
  [SUGGESTION] Some "modern" Suggestions (Wipeout Mode, Electro Color) NoClue 1 1,923 10-05-2020, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Match making/game schduler end user 6 5,542 07-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Limited weapon slots & customizable spawn weapons MirceaKitsune 38 34,483 09-14-2014, 04:19 AM
Last Post: end user
  [SUGGESTION] Community Design Workshop: singleplayer weapons tutorial s1lence 4 7,583 07-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Alt fire mode for Nex instead of scope? Smilecythe 28 31,263 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  [SUGGESTION] Real Weapons Miguel 27 26,808 11-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Last Post: HellYeah
Star [SUGGESTION] New ammo type for hitscan weapons s1lence 18 19,396 10-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Increase Rocket Rate of Fire Loafers 3 5,144 05-25-2012, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Loafers
  [SUGGESTION] Anti Vehicles Weapons philosphy Majki 10 10,253 04-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Last Post: freefang