Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
[Nexuiz Frag Movie] Farewell

After 7 months in development, along with over 500 hours of work and more than a terabyte of videos and demos, I am pleased to announced that Farewell is complete!

Download here.

Duration: 24:53
File size: 2.33GB
Resolution: 1280x720
Encoding: AVI encapsulation, H264 video encoding, PCM audio.

Music:
Right Here, Right Now by Fatboy Slim

Born Too Slow by The Crystal Method

Get up on it Like This by The Chemical Brothers

Manu Dibango's African Battle, Remix done by Professor Kliq

The Distance by Cake

Font: Concielian by Dan Zadorozny
http://www.iconian.com/c.html

Thank you to everyone who sent me demos! I apologize if I did not add your demo in it, as there were many demos to go through. I might have plans for a future frag movie given the success on this one. Youtube links coming soon!

Youtube Links
Part 1
and
Part 2

Own3d.tv Links

Part 1
and
Part 2

Compressed video here.

Once again, thank you for your patience!

-PCLizard

Nice one! Tongue
I see 3 frags by me. =)

i see several clips of some maps i have made. The Skycastle version you used is outdated.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

The server that version of skycastle was played on was hoctf. Consult doku and I'm sure he'll be glad to replace it with a newer version.
It has come to my attention that I messed up the end of the video where my name doesn't fade out at the end...it's my fault, but it worked out because I made the video after all! =]

haha, or the demo was that old..

Very nice work pcl, but you did forget con_chatsound 0 Tongue
<[-z-]> have you seen the documentary "happy"?
<Samual_> no
<Samual_> it sounds horrible

I know, I messed that up. I wanted to change that when I was about 3/5 of the way through the video but it was far too late. I would be working on the frag movie three months from now if I decided to have started over. Tongue

(07-23-2011, 04:26 PM)PCLizard Wrote: The server that version of skycastle was played on was hoctf. Consult doku and I'm sure he'll be glad to replace it with a newer version.

its mostly eyecandywise because the new version doesnt have these annoying whtie coronas everywhere
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Wow. Wowowow...
IMO this is the best frag movie I've ever seen. Great great job pcl and all the other fraggers.
Love your last-wish frag on 3xcellent at the end Big Grin But all these frags are amazing, awesome, airshots or otherwise great Wink
A masterpiece! Thank you so much Smile

nimbus
LoverTaleb

Wow! Very nice, and well put together fragmovie! I really enjoyed watching it, especially the intro, the old SG model brought back some good memories Smile

/OFF
However, somebody has to say: it clearly shows what our beloved Nexuiz suffered from on weapon balance... mortar and nex dominance.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Actually, you'd be surprised some of the frags I left out. I had a few mid air electro kills, several "electro combo" kills that collected a few frags, a hagar run of about 2 seconds which killed every person in the opposing team (keep in mind this was a scrim against my own clan, denied a flag cap to tie at the end), a lot of long distance shotgun frags, a lot of rocket frags which were direct hit kills, some nice machinegun runs here and there. However, it was already bad enough my name comes up about half the time....but hey, there's plenty for a future frag movie thats at a reasonable size. =]

Can't get this to play properly. Tried various versions of MPC (1.3 - 1.5), default windows player from win7 x64, various renderers, different codec packs (K-Lite and CCCP). The best result I've got so far is playback of the audio track with regular bursts of white noise, following each other after 1.5 - 2 seconds. No video track at all despite I've played with various renderers in MPC and pretty much all of their settings. Any ideas, someone?
._.

It was worth waiting a bit...
I just couldn't choose a best one among all those frags.

And your quad run on Gasoline was just indescent, pcl Smile

Thks.
Fat.bot.Slim

(07-24-2011, 04:01 PM)Lord Canistra Wrote: Can't get this to play properly. Tried various versions of MPC (1.3 - 1.5), default windows player from win7 x64, various renderers, different codec packs (K-Lite and CCCP). The best result I've got so far is playback of the audio track with regular bursts of white noise, following each other after 1.5 - 2 seconds. No video track at all despite I've played with various renderers in MPC and pretty much all of their settings. Any ideas, someone?
._.

VLC and VLC and uh lemme think oh yeah VLC Tongue It didn't have a problem playing it for me.
<Samual_> no

Woosh, it works. Yet I wonder what the problem was with other players. Did anyone try MPC or something else as well?

yay! , just saw it! , wow! so many awesome , fully sick air shots! , great production and sweet sweet music!

even some chicken in there throwing a nex or two , lol!

ty mr lizard! , but i am going to have to say , due to honesty ,
YOUR GOING TO MAKE SOME MORE OF THESE VIDS!
MAYBE SHORTER , BUT YOUR GOING TO MAKE THEM
DONT MAKE ME FORCE YOU , YOUNG MAN! Smile

mr lizard = ftw
^(good maths imo)

t

:^

Very nice fragmovie, indeed. Nice frags and good editing. One of the best fragmovies I've seen so far. Smile

I'm especially happy because it's LONG. Most fragmovies lasts around 10 minutes, this was over 20 mins. Nice work!

(07-25-2011, 02:56 AM)Lord Canistra Wrote: Woosh, it works. Yet I wonder what the problem was with other players. Did anyone try MPC or something else as well?

The problem with those other players is that they suck, really suck. but VLC doesn't suck so problem solved Smile
<Samual_> no

I have no words to describe how awesome this is. PCL is the man!

EVERYONE SHOULD GIVE MR LIZARD A REP POINT RIGHT NOW , IF YOU WANT HIM TO MAKE MORE VIDEOS!

(thi mr lizard , yes i know u didnt agree to this , but :p , its up to the nerds , not you Smile )

t

:^

I already have, for another video though. But I'd give one for this as well if I could, this video is awesome.

Btw, awesome video, PCLizard.

Did I mention I like this video?

Too bad I don't make any spectacular frags or if I do I make them on myself or if I do on others I forget to turn demo recording on or if I don't there's only one spectacular frag somewhere near the end of the demo and I don't care to watch all the crap before or if it isn't that way I forget the demo had spectacular frags in it and it drowns in all those nice demos I have.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

God I can't download it now...will have to wait to watch it once I get back to the us...
Can't wait!
bye / bad luck and have boredom

Youtube links are finally up! I apologize for such the long wait, youtube was not liking me uploading them so I had a clanmate upload them for me. Special thanks to omeddragon for doing so!

Nice work Smile

Working hard on my Xonotic video, hopefully be out in a month or two Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(08-02-2011, 06:50 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Working hard on my Xonotic video, hopefully be out in a month or two Smile
You then have certain pressure over your shoulders, kojn Wink
Fat.bot.Slim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,580 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  DOXA TOURNAMENT - Frag movie zeroql 0 1,656 04-26-2020, 04:46 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #9 Mirio 4 3,746 03-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,618 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
Video Xonotic frag movie betas zeroql 0 1,848 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #8 Mirio 0 3,941 02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,829 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
Video Xonotic: Movie collection zeroql 8 13,869 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  nexuiz server in xonotic browser Cooper Hawks 19 16,234 01-01-2017, 04:06 PM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  F*CKMEGEDDON: A Xonotic Frag Movie Smilecythe 15 14,741 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM