Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set up custom sound server?

Hi! I have some problem to set up my costom server.

WHAT I WANT TO DO
change gun sounds(or misc sound) when players come to my server

MATERIAL(only one sound file as an example)
hoge.pk3 -> sound -> weapons -> uzi_fire.ogg, uzi_fire_custom.ogg

SERVER ENVIRONMENT
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS x64
Apache(for HTTP server)

CLIENT ENVIRONMENT
Windows 7 x64
Server and this machine is connected by router
WHAT I DID
  1. divVarent told me, to do that, I need to change the source code and compile these by my self. So I did something following:
    • 1.1 Refer to Xonotic - Repository Access,
      Code:
      $ git clone git://git.xonotic.org/xonotic/xonotic.git
      $ cd xonotic
      $./all update -l best
    • 1.2 Then I changed the characters: 'uzi_fire.wav' to 'uzi_fire_custom.wav' in following files:
      Code:
      (under xonotic/data/xonotic-data.pk3dir/qcsrc/)
      server/w_uzi.qc
      server/tturrets/units/unit_machinegun.qc
      server/tturrets/units/unit_walker.qc
      server/vehicles/spiderbot.qc
      client/tturrets.qc
    • 1.3 Then I compiled.
      Code:
      $ ./all compile
      $ ./all run glx
      Compile was successfully finished and I confirmed loaded sound is changed to 'uzi_file_custom.ogg'(It seems that the format, wav or ogg is not cared. Both works fine.)
  2. set up pk3 file and server so that players can download custom sound files.
    • 2.1 put hoge.pk3 on my local server's public directory
    • 2.2 in $HOME/.xonotic/data/curl_urls.txt,
      Code:
      hoge.pk3 http://LOCALSERVER_IP/public/

• 2.3 run server
      Code:
      $ ./all run dedicated

• 2.4 (client side) run Xonotic and connect to my server from another PC (Windows 7 x64)
      This PC can download pk3 files from my local server out of Xonotic, I mean just HTTP protocol.
    • 2.5 pk3 file isn't downloaded from my server in game. I saw the console on PC(client), it displays "sound/weapons/uzi_fire_custom.wav" is not found." And, machinegun has no-sound in this session(in my server. Of course local game works fine because default sound file is loaded).
    • 2.6 Next, I assigned 'uzi_fire_custom.wav' to sv_curls_serverpackages and restart server, but not changed...

3. Even if PC could download hoge.pk3 from my server,
    • 3.1 The directory to save downloaded pk3 files is dlcache, so I suppose that PC could download hoge.pk3, and I put hoge.pk3 into dlcache directory.
    • 3.2 And then, I tried to connect to my server. However, custom sound 'uzi_fire_custom.ogg' is not loaded.

WHAT I WANT TO KNOW
  1. Why the pk3 file can't be downloaded?
  2. Even if pk3 file can be downloaded, game cannot load sound files dlcache directory?
I want some advices: point my mistakes or any other solutions...

I'm sorry my noob English and dirty sentences...
Thank you.

You need to add to your pk3 a file, named like

hoge-soundpack.serverpackage

The file must not be empty, otherwise its exact content does not matter. Like, name your readme file that. When doing that, you don't need sv_curl_serverpackages.

Assume you do not want to go this route, and actually WANT sv_curl_serverpackages. Then you'd have to put in sound/weapons/uzi_fire_custom.wav in there, not just uzi_fire_custom.wav.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Thank you so much, divVarent! I could set up!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 672 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,819 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  [NEED HELP] Help Adding Custom Gametypes CarbonGhost 3 980 01-24-2023, 09:09 PM
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,754 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,041 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,965 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM
  [NEED HELP] Server dont appear in server browser abslimit 0 2,578 03-15-2020, 04:13 AM
Last Post: abslimit
  How to change server cfg on modified server veecho 4 4,318 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Help needed with custom gametypes Notavi 4 3,108 07-29-2018, 07:22 AM
Last Post: Freddy
  Help for custom voteble commands KyMAN 4 4,352 05-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Last Post: morosophos