Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
[CTF MAP] Geomonetary

It's looking good but like I said on IRC, you should try out the cellshaded black borders that cyber parcour uses. I think it would look really good on this map.

I really like it. Its open enough that people will like it but closed enough that there wont be people camping left right and center. Great work.

well done my overseas brother!
keep em coming!

:^

(04-13-2010, 03:43 PM)-z- Wrote: It's looking good but like I said on IRC, you should try out the cellshaded black borders that cyber parcour uses. I think it would look really good on this map.

Cell shaded black borders? I must have missed that. What are are you referring to exactly?

Played this on hoctf the other day. Fun map, good movement, and there seem to be enough weapons and ammo for everyone.
My only criticism is that you can't hop the tall wall next to the bases due to the ceiling, though that may cause camping.

(04-15-2010, 06:07 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Played this on hoctf the other day. Fun map, good movement, and there seem to be enough weapons and ammo for everyone.
My only criticism is that you can't hop the tall wall next to the bases due to the ceiling, though that may cause camping.

I like that you can fall off and die but that there are railings so if you do fall off it's totally your own fault. I would also like to hop the wall but make it so if you land on the roof you die.

Great map though, thanks for making it.

(04-16-2010, 06:30 PM)P180 Wrote: I like that you can fall off and die but that there are railings so if you do fall off it's totally your own fault. I would also like to hop the wall but make it so if you land on the roof you die.

Great map though, thanks for making it.

Like triangulate? That could be a solution.

Solution to what? If I accidentally make a jump a little too high, I'd much rather find myself at an invisible wall than an instakill roof.

Nice map Smile

Reminds a bit on mid-age? Tongue

(04-17-2010, 03:00 AM)parasti Wrote: Solution to what? If I accidentally make a jump a little too high, I'd much rather find myself at an invisible wall than an instakill roof.

Well don't land on the roof then. If you jump up you can get back down with out landing on the roof. An istakill roof would allow more advanced players freedom to blast past the noobs. It would most likely require a rocket jump so make sure you have enough health.

Seriously, this looks like a SICK CTF map, I'm hoping I will be able to test this soon, it looks awesome!!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(04-17-2010, 01:32 PM)P180 Wrote: An istakill roof would allow more advanced players freedom to blast past the noobs.

If these players can't do that without base-to-base rocket jumping, they really aren't that advanced.

The map is on btw. on DCC CTF.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(04-19-2010, 06:31 AM)parasti Wrote: If these players can't do that without base-to-base rocket jumping, they really aren't that advanced.

I rarely rocket jump but think this would be nice for this map. I don't think it will cause people to rocket jump from base to base all the time either. It would be very dangerous. Not only with a kill roof but exposing your self to nex fire from all sides. It would be feasible though and just adds another dimension to the map. Yes people will land on the roof and we will all have a good laugh.

Parasti your last comment sounded like you were attacking people who rocket jump in general and not providing constructive discussion. If your playing style doesn't include rocket jumps like mine doesn't, it should not mean that there shouldn't be places were doing so would possibly give you an advantage.

Just a note from the last 4 or 5 times that I have played this map I really enjoyed it. I just want to say thanks again Smile

I think that a standard roof would work out fine. It's a small area, with curvy rockets you can easily take out a sniper.

Whatever people are on about rocketjump wise, don't change the map so it makes it easier..just gonna kill gameplay other wise Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

hi,

i just noticed a small issue on http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/viewer.php?...tf61xo.jpg

where does the light come from? theres no source which is a bit disturbing after you notice that Smile

There are bioluminescent bacteria on the walls and in the water that arrange themselves in stripes.
Duuh.

(04-21-2010, 05:54 PM)Roanoke Wrote: There are bioluminescent bacteria on the walls and in the water that arrange themselves in stripes.
Duuh.

Could always edit the textures to show it Tongue

Two issues:
1. No minimap
2. Bad textures near red base:
http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/vgyh...ppbo79.jpg - Good
http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/taug...f5gog9.jpg - Bad

It remembers me of sauerbraten (cube 2)
The map seems fun, great work...
Thanks to the devs!
PM me if you need something... I'll be happy to help for any translation work needed...

Looks cool. Kind'a reminds me of original levels from Quake 1 (and I loved them) ;-).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Nice work, gadget.
Latest obsession.

do like the map.
[?] - #kwestion @quakenet

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CTF] ctf_moba (league of legends/dota styled map) _para 2 660 05-06-2023, 02:46 AM
Last Post: _para
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,762 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,219 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Waterland, a CTF map with vehicles Julius 6 5,739 11-06-2017, 05:18 AM
Last Post: Julius
  [CTF/TDM] New map ruinctf (insta/vanilla) kwakkiezalf 2 3,195 07-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Last Post: kwakkiezalf
  [WIP] Skybases (vehicle CTF map) Penguinum-tea 0 3,224 05-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Penguinum-tea
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,774 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario
  [WIP]4-team ctf map kammy 2 3,512 08-13-2013, 07:54 PM
Last Post: kammy
  [WIP] unnamed ctf map thing kammy 0 2,146 03-02-2013, 05:22 PM
  Wip Ctf map... kammy 8 6,446 02-14-2013, 07:32 PM