Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CTF]Spider

(09-27-2012, 04:54 PM)Justin Wrote: Im making the webs stick so you can actually climb them. (ty to the Blaxpirit who had this idea)

haha brilliant idea!
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Awesome. I've said it in an earlier post, but I'd LOVE to see some actual animated spiders crawling around. That would be freaky!

Now you have:

sticky webs (in the caves) https://dl.dropbox.com/u/90490112/xonoti...054-00.jpg
proper vis blocking,
1000 brushes less,
detail brushes and
imprroved performannce.

I hope that will fullfill your expectations for now Wink

Great thanks to Packer for beeing the stronges leak-finder in Xonotic ever.

Silencer: You asked why do you want to climb the web? Reson is simple: nice camp place and you are hidden.

This map looks absolutely fantastic, nice work so far!

You could probably increase performance a bit more by getting some models for the webs instead of patch tubes... plus, texture calculation and other stuff can be a bit iffy on patches.

Ehm.... I just noticed that on Overkill server players play on the older version of the map (v1r1) wchich is completly outdated and has layout issues (bad capture routes).

Overkill admins: Ablu, tZork: Please upload the proper version to the overkill server which is Spiderctf-v3 (the link on the first post and above) (huge imporement in terms of layout and brushwork- therefore a maps performance)

Will be more fun for players.

Thank you.

(05-02-2013, 06:44 AM)Justin Wrote: Ehm.... I just noticed that on Overkill server players play on the older version of the map (v1r1) wchich is completly outdated and has layout issues (bad capture routes).

WAT, there's a new, *better* version of this map?! Damn ... although it was not too bad imho (the old version I mean). Only with few players it's a bit too large maybe... =)
[Image: 9216.png] Web: YouTubeSoundCloudFlickrzykure.de[unconnected]
IRC: #uc.xonotic #xonotic #xonotic.de #xonotic.pickup

Spiderctf-v3 is newer and it is smaller with less corridors and better performance. I apologize for the confusion there, should have pointed that out sooner, but I simply didn't know players played outdated version Wink.
DOWNLOAD
Spiderctf-v3.pk3
As always folks: Have fun!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,668 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,150 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,498 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario