Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
welp

looks like im at the bottom of the (duel) stats...

.jpeg   rank.jpeg (Size: 16.49 KB / Downloads: 272)
welp nothing else to see here ... time to go to the top
(and then maybe the middle if i feel like it)

aww poor hutty
[Image: vOTQzZw]
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Did you manage to play all of your duels while under the influence of alcohol? Big Grin

hutty! Play more against good players and watch good player's demos! Smile

Well your mapping elo most be way higher! Smile

hmm did you remove your post or did a mod?

(07-22-2012, 05:16 PM)rocknroll237 Wrote: Did you manage to play all of your duels while under the influence of alcohol? Big Grin

Oh wait..

http://stats.xonotic.org/player/142
" Elo: 522.284 (ctf), 275.619 (dm), 100.0* (duel) "

Tongue Wink

I guess sth strange happens on XonStat lately, cause I remember having my elo > 100 (and currently it's =100). Also the weapon graphs are missing (now it shows nex when loaded & the only clickable icon is the minstanex).

So don't worry hutty, it's probably some temporary glitch ;-).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

That's why i don't care about my stats at all.

If I did, that'd probably make me depressive in no time.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

^Seconded.

Obsessive checking stats and comparing yourself against others, unless you are #1 at everything, is a surefire way to ruin your day.

Plus it makes you play PWN ANYONE NO MATTER WHAT just to get a higher elo, which is not really nice towards newbies in ffa matches... I usually try to concentrate on the more skilled opponents when playing ffa. Luckily, there are plenty. I can recommend that strategy, it's not only good for the gaming experience of newbies, it also allows you to pretend that your REAL elo is a bit higher than the stats show. Cool
My Xonstats Profile

meh ... your probably right ...

I do go after the strongest player in ffa matches ... but in duels the strongest player is always the other player ...

also due note that my ctf score is about halfway up the rank ... its just my duel one thats in the gutter

Elo is not precise.

Elo doesn't really matter.

(07-23-2012, 03:52 PM)machine! Wrote: Elo is not precise.

Elo doesn't really matter.

Its matter to kojn Tongue
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

i guess all of your duel matches are lost so far. one victory, can change that. it doesnt matter against who you win just that you win.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Probably one of the few people who hasnt complained about the ELO rating. New system seems good though Antibody, in the longterm it should prove very +ELO playing ZeRoQL once he manages to raise his ELO a bit Wink
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I don't mean the system is wrong, but it can never show the true skill of a player. Since he can evolve by watching demos not just by playing on pubs.

or spectating ...

btw .. i have one a few matches ... none since the lower score ... but i haven't lost everything ...

Smile

Good job! Big Grin

Dear Sirs, I, a poor noob, will be very grateful if You would explain the meaning of the so called «Elo» score.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

aa, see here: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=3296
My Xonstats Profile

[Image: Tiny+Violin.jpg]

Samual, you're years late. The OP is no longer relevant.

he's not too late ...

I fell back to the bottom again Sad

Question does you level increase at a rate depending on the skill-level of other players or not?

What I mean by this if what I just said is unclear is that it would make more sense to gain places in the leaderboard if you win against people equal to or higher than you.

e.g. you get more xp in rpg's when playing against higher leveled monsters and the like and less when against flegling rats (sometimes no xp at all in some games from what i've heard)

this would deter over ambitious players from picking on obvious n00b players who are new to the game.