Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Xonotic DEFRAG Mod Clarification

So I thought I cleared this issue up at least a few times in the past, but it appears not well enough... the issue still persists and it is driving me crazy. Let me nail this one home as best as possible:

We have OFFICIALLY renamed what was previously "XPM" (Xonotic Pro-Mode) designed as a Race/CTS mod to "XDF" (Xonotic DeFrag)-- You are NOT to refer to it as XPM, that is now a proper competitive mod. You are also not to refer to it as: CTS, Xonotic Race, or any other such terms-- CTS and Race are game modes which are not exclusively part of XDF.

Again, XDF and XPM are separate mods. They are not game modes, they are configurations.

The configs have been renamed, as well as given a proper mod name in the serverlist. To activate XDF on your server, simply execute defaultXDF.cfg in your server config. You must update your servers to use these new configs, and you must stop referring to your servers as any of the incorrect things listed above. I will give some time to correct these mistakes, but servers which persist in this will be dealt with appropriately. (like this one)

njas.
[Image: 12496.png]

derpy derp

I think xpm was gud race but xdf sounds kool, what if both together bra?

Quote:XPM, that is now a proper competitive mod
What did change? Smile

I don't know what these things mean anyway. Is there a short description of them somewhere? I know that cts servers use different physics and pro modes use have restricted health pickups but thats about it.

Neat. I think this means new players will be less confused now.

on a related note, if XPM and XDF are official mods why don't they have icons for the server browser? overkill does and it's not even official.

Edit: Nevermind. What do I care.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYBgPlPss_U Here ya go check it out!Wink XDF!

... after the changes you proposed my server is in serverlist still shown as cts .... Tongue

Quote: ... but servers which persist in this will be dealt with appropriately.

wth you talking about ??

GreetZ Su

#XDF @ irc.quakenet.org go go go!

hurray more confusion incomming
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Good point s1lence. It isn't like we don't have an icon already (ahem). So there are still a few places using the old name of CTS. One being the serverlist, and another being stats submissions.

I created a bug report for this. Subscribe to that for updates.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

But, according to OP:
(01-14-2013, 01:29 PM)Samual Wrote: Again, XDF and XPM are separate mods. They are not game modes, they are configurations.

Clearly there's some confusion left. CTS still exists and XDF is a set of configurations, apparently not implemented as a game mode. Apparently, server admins only risk being dealth with appropriately (murder?) if they call a non-CTS XDF server "CTS".

From my understanding of all this, CTS is a game mode and XDF is a physics config that may be used in CTS or Race game modes if the admin wishes so.

(01-21-2013, 08:01 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: From my understanding of all this, CTS is a game mode and XDF is a physics config that may be used in CTS or Race game modes if the admin wishes so.

This. Tongue

So XDF is the name of the config file/modification, but the mode can still be called CTS?

Anyway it called XDF (Xonotic DeFrag) - CTS (Complete the Stage) - YGR (Your Granny Runs) - who cares ... Tongue

But: It's not what you say, but how you say it, dear Samual Angry

GreetZ Su

Quote:YGR (Your Granny Runs)
Excellent!

Actually YGR is the much better mode name than XDF.
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

Quote:YGR (Your Granny Runs)
Awesome!
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

yeah yeah - some prankster on server Tongue

But the problem is - when I change the server name the server is handled as a new server on Xonstats ... - means all stats collected till now is transmitted in vain.
A new "Server Information" site will be created and I.ve to start at zero ...

Last but not at least I dont care any declarations of my server (XDF/CTS/XDeFrag) ....

GreetZ Su

Correct, it is not DEFRAG.... it is Xonotic DEFRAG. Fuck other games/mods, they don't exist.

I see his/her point though, DeFRaG is the name of an independant mod for Q3. From the perspective of a Q3 player this name might seem utterly idiotic and disrespectful. And your response even more so.

Everybody needs to chill out more. It's a game mode clearly modelled after defrag. Defrag also is a somewhat generic name even if it comes from a specific mod. There has also been a game sometime that coined the terms deathmatch or capture the flag. Defrag about taking a game that is centerred around fragging and turning it into something that is completely not centered around fragging, ergo defrag. It's a great and super fitting term. I still think YGR is even better though. Also fuck political correctness Big Grin Lighten up and be a bit more disrespectful and idiotic.. It's good for you and everyone else.

Also Samual, make sure not to fall into a powertrip trap or a burnout. Your above announcement and the recent thread about contacting on IRC are somewhat worrying in their tone and content..

Have fun and relax a little..
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

Defrag is the name of the product though. You download defrag and you install defrag before playing it. I understand why people would not appreciate our mode being called "xonotic defrag".