Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please don't forget these models!

I kept poking people about the robot model, and someone linked the other one on IRC. They are two wonderful models someone posted on the Nexuiz forum, but which never made it in (the robot is quite old). They're of great quality from what I'm seeing, and forgetting them would be a huge loss in my opinion.

Epsilon 14 Model - Robot model (also available on Opengameart)

I think someone should download them and put them on a branch soon, though I'm not sure how ready they are. I'll try looking into that, and posting whatever is available on GIT.

[UPDATE] Downloaded what I could find and it seems only the model sources and textures are available. Someone needs to link them to a skeleton and export the iqm file first. I'm very bad at this, so if anyone else can do it I'm sure that would be very appreciated.

What about Oblivion?
Is he not active anymore? Sad

(07-05-2010, 09:21 AM)pyr0 Wrote: What about Oblivion?
Is he not active anymore? Sad

He seems to be a month inactive on the forums. Hope he's ok and still around. But if no one can reach him, and that would be alright to do without asking first, perhaps someone else can animate the meshes and export them to the proper format soon.

Oblivion is not inactive, just busy. I talk to him on a pretty regular basis. As for these models, neither will be included. Epsilon simply because the texture needs to be redone and it is skinnier than Umbra. Also I cannot rig it until it is in the T-pose.

Don't worry, Oblivion is not away, I talk to him almost day by day. Just checkout git, he has made at least 6 new playermodels in the past few weeks!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(07-05-2010, 09:40 AM)DiaboliK Wrote: Oblivion is not inactive, just busy. I talk to him on a pretty regular basis. As for these models, neither will be included. Epsilon simply because the texture needs to be redone and it is skinnier than Umbra. Also I cannot rig it until it is in the T-pose.

Daaaamn that's a shame. Those models are so well done.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(07-05-2010, 09:52 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: Don't worry, Oblivion is not away, I talk to him almost day by day. Just checkout git, he has made at least 6 new playermodels in the past few weeks!

Good to hear! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raising funds for new graphics/models MarisaG 13 8,858 03-13-2019, 01:00 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Weapon models WIP help. Beagle 1 3,489 05-17-2015, 06:52 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Please vote on Map Filter UI Design BuddyFriendGuy 2 3,606 04-24-2015, 09:03 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  We need more alien and robot player models! MirceaKitsune 25 26,914 11-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
Question How do I create IQM player models for Xonotic? Ihsan 4 7,815 06-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Last Post: nifrek
Brick Mapper Release Please Ihsan 17 16,396 07-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Roanoke
  *NEW* EASY-TO-USE physics set from experimentation by frutiex and kojn (please read) kojn^ 39 38,865 05-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Last Post: kojn^