Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RELEASE] Aggressive Heights [DM/Duel]

Rainbow 
Hi

I have now taken the time to complete this map, Aggressive Heights.

Changes to this final version include:
- Retextured almost the entire map (Egypt textures by Sock).
- Moved some items around and changed all items to Xonotic specific items.
- Added a new teleporter in the upper section (speeding up the movement from top to bottom, but with some risk)
- Added hint brushes
- Simplified all patches in the lower section
- Made a "ramp" for an even easier exit from the water
- Added bot waypoints (not great, as they struggle to get out of the water area - even with Bot Clip stairs to help).

Issues:
- The textures on the curved patches at the top of the jump pads are not correct, but I don't know why or how to correct them.
- It is possible to "wall walk" on some walls, again I have no idea why or how to correct it.

Download: mvxdm03v08 - Final Release.

I hope everyone likes the changes...

Screenshots:
[Image: mvxdm03v03b.jpg]
[Image: mvxdm03v03d.jpg]
[Image: mvxdm03v03c.jpg]
[Image: mvxdm03v03e.jpg]

This is not a final release, but it is the last release for a while - so I'm posting it here now.
The map supports several gameplay modes, but it is intended for Duel or small DM games. The map is very vertical and knowing how to trick jump will help in moving around alot faster.
Download: mvxdm03rc2 - Old.

Cheers

Thanks for the hard work you've put into these maps Munyul. I hope to see many more to come in the future from you! Big Grin
[Image: 38443.png]

Wow, this map is looking a lot more polished, great work!
[Image: 230.png]

Good job, man keep it up!

I like vertical maps! Good job and a big thank you!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Nice to see a level from you for Xonotic. Played it first time this weekend together with a fragbuddy. Looks very nice and plays very nice as well. Great work! Thanx!

Flam approved (although I haven't actually played a human on it yet)

Great work, man keep this up Smile

Nice map - seems to offer some hard fighting action ... Smile

Map playable on Prophets Server (DM/Duel).

GreetZ Su

Map walkthrough!

asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Good job on the review Antibody.

FWIW: In the bottom sewer section, can't you just jump onto the angled side of that drain pipe and then from the drain pipe onto the platform?
[Image: 21975.jpg]

Quote:“To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.” - Douglas Adams

+1 like. Hey Antibody, you could do a tutorial series dissecting *all the maps*... Big Grin

Here's my video from previous version:

(02-15-2016, 09:40 PM)cefiar Wrote: FWIW: In the bottom sewer section, can't you just jump onto the angled side of that drain pipe and then from the drain pipe onto the platform?
You can!

Good to know!

Cheers ! Smile

(02-16-2016, 02:16 AM)rad dj flimflam Wrote: +1 like. Hey Antibody, you could do a tutorial series dissecting *all the maps*... Big Grin

I will try to keep up w/ the new maps, and I want to do in-depth ones of the popular duel maps. Some day...

(02-17-2016, 10:08 AM)Antibody Wrote: I will try to keep up w/ the new maps, and I want to do in-depth ones of the popular duel maps. Some day...

HeartHeartHeart

(02-16-2016, 06:31 AM)Smilecythe Wrote: You can!

Rad moves boyo. Salute.

FYI I played 11b with 250 ping. Severely broken on the pad across from the MH. The rest of the map plays fine but when standing on this pad there is some serious chunkiness. Don't think it was FPS drops (was concentrating more on the game) but felt like PL. Happened consistently every time so I ended up avoiding this area and sticking to the tunnels or MA area.

Really cool map! Great work!
[Image: 65153.png]

(03-11-2016, 08:15 PM)rad dj flimflam Wrote: FYI I played 11b with 250 ping. Severely broken on the pad across from the MH. The rest of the map plays fine but when standing on this pad there is some serious chunkiness. Don't think it was FPS drops (was concentrating more on the game) but felt like PL. Happened consistently every time so I ended up avoiding this area and sticking to the tunnels or MA area.

Hi rad dj flimflam
Have you been able to test this chunkiness issue on rc2, and which pad do you mean? Across from the MH, the one with the Vortex on it? Or one of the small ledges on either side?

Good job! Another good map Smile

Hi

The final version of the map is finally ready Smile see the first post for the download link and full details.

Have fun...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  map - WIP - Aggressive Heights munyul 40 28,863 01-10-2016, 10:44 AM
Last Post: munyul
  [Duel] Mint (was: [Duel] Unnamed WIP map) monad 10 11,471 07-31-2015, 02:54 PM
Last Post: monad