Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEEDS INFO] Newb mapper needs help!

Hi, I just started using NetRadiant today (2 maps done!) and would like to know how to make the files (which ones?) into a pk3 so you people on here can review it. Smile

Oh, and how do you put your name and title in so it will show up when you're browsing the list in "Create server"?

Just put all the files you need into a zip file, and rename the zip to pk3. Make sure the zip still has the directory structure (maps/, ...).

As for preview picture: you are supposed to make a screenshot, and cut a section of 4:3 aspect ratio out, and save it under maps/mapname.tga
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

This may sound stupid but... I can't find my maps folder. I am on an Apple, if that makes any difference.
And what about the map name/title?

There is no folder named "maps" under the data folder that I can click on. But I think there is one there because NetRadiant gives me that folder as the default one to save the map in, but it's not there in my browser. Also I can play the maps that I build after saving there, I would really like to be able to click on the stuff I'm saving Sad

Suggestions?

it's hidden, don't ask me why, mac does this stuff, look it up on google, 'showing hidden mac folders' etc...
nomnomnomnonmonm:
"the best trolls are indistinguishable from idiots"

It's not mac, it's a unix convention.

If you can type in a file path, add ".xonotic" to the path to your home directory.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Thanks, Rad Ished, I'll look into it.
Two more questions: Where is the fireball? It isn't on the weapon list, but there is something called seeker. 2: What is the latest version of NetRadiant? I have 1.5...

Thanks for help Smile

Edit: Oh, and floating doesn't seem to be working either.

Nevermind about the floating, got that to work.
And for some reason the seeker is the fireball, that's really weird. Exclamation

Seeker and fireball share a model. If you can't find fireball, try looking for phoenix.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

ok, got my hidden files to show.

@ divverent or anyone else: I don't know what the file structure is supposed to look like, and which files to put where. Maybe a screenshot or something would help, I feel like I'm stumbling around in the dark.

And I still don't know how to modify the mapinfo to put the name and title in there. Blush

Do I need to include all the cache files, the .waypoint.cache files, and/or the .bak files? How about the .bsp .lin .map and .srf ?

I don't mean to rant but I really want to contribute.

P.S. The first panel that opens up in NetRadiant does not list Xonotic as an option, I've been using Nexuiz.

Have you got a copy of xonotic git? If you don't, that is a fairly large problem.

http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/...ory_Access

Why would I need that?

Because you can't use xonotic textures without git.

I tried to get the git before, couldn't figure it out. Sad
Guess I'll be waiting till 1.0 then for making xonotic maps, what about nexuiz maps?

What were your problems? It's a simple enough process. What is your operating system?

I couldn't find the specific spot to click to download whatever it is I need to download. Or don't I need to download anything? If I don't, where do I enter the code?

Running Mac OS X.

I think I already have Xcode on my machine, I seem to remember running a program that required it without problems.

Maybe someone could put a thread together explaining very, very simply how to get the git, for those people that just want to test the physics, weapons, maps, etc.

Thanks... ...more please?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] I REPEAT I need Help with Netradiant Taplio 4 3,231 09-23-2020, 12:05 AM
Last Post: fabzor3
  Newb seeks help on Oilrig Pallama 7 4,793 10-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Last Post: illwieckz
  [NEEDS INFO] Need help with xonotic on andoird Arctic_fly71 3 3,237 01-17-2018, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Arctic_fly71
  [NEED HELP] Help cant play IdekehBruh 1 2,045 05-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Mario
Information [META] Thread Prefixes for Help & Troubleshooting -z- 0 3,945 03-07-2017, 08:19 PM
Last Post: -z-
Sad [NEED HELP] Help with compiling. ImSoAwesome 2 3,009 09-06-2016, 02:54 AM
Last Post: ImSoAwesome
  [NEED HELP] Mapping help shanajer_ 1 2,799 08-04-2016, 05:30 PM
Last Post: end user
  [SOLVED] Please help: -sessionid and an unique session name error anish01 2 5,322 05-10-2014, 03:30 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SOLVED] Help!! Ciro 5 4,255 05-06-2014, 11:10 AM
Last Post: tZork
  [SOLVED] Missing shader previews / lack of authoritative Netradiant help Greaserpirate 6 6,568 09-17-2013, 01:11 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo