Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEED HELP] Warpzones no longer visually connected when map is rebuild

In Xonotic, a warpzone works like a teleporter but you can see and shoot through to the other side.

When I tried to make my own map, I noticed that warpzones would not visually show the other side but otherwise work properly. It happens in all maps that I build with my Netradiant, even if I take map files from other people that ship with bsp files where the problem doesn't occur.

I use the last of the official Netradiant builds (1.5.0n-git-a50c860b) with the Xonotic mapping pk3 and I build with "Xonotic: final (default)".

[Image: uu8ufIY.jpg]

Note: The warpzone literally becomes invisible. That is why you see the box with the green lines. It is part of the map and lies behind the warpzone surface.

I hope someone knows why this happens. The only thing I can figure out is that there has to be something wrong with my Netradiant or that you need to do something specific in map building.
Visit our clan website: http://extreme.voltage.nz/

This is to be expected when running the latest Xonotic release (0.8.2) and prior versions, as maps were expected to forcibly enable reflections when their map included warpzones. For now and until a version of Xonotic ships with the fix to that requirement, here is what's needed in your .mapinfo file to make them function correctly:
Code:
clientsettemp_for_type all r_water 1
clientsettemp_for_type all r_water_resolutionmultiplier 1
[Image: 230.png]

(06-21-2021, 09:20 PM)Mario Wrote: This is to be expected when running the latest Xonotic release (0.8.2) and prior versions, as maps were expected to forcibly enable reflections when their map included warpzones. For now and until a version of Xonotic ships with the fix to that requirement, here is what's needed in your .mapinfo file to make them function correctly:
Code:
clientsettemp_for_type all r_water 1
clientsettemp_for_type all r_water_resolutionmultiplier 1

Thanks a lot! I didn't even realize this could be something when looking at the mapinfo file.
Visit our clan website: http://extreme.voltage.nz/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Change mapinfo to make a CTF map a CTS map. Bhagwa-Yodhak-69 3 2,306 09-08-2020, 06:03 AM
Last Post: _para
Question [NEED HELP] How to create warpzones? (solved) Kotangens 10 4,625 08-19-2020, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [NEEDS INFO] cant download map, black map area jaybates86 5 6,883 10-08-2013, 06:09 AM
Last Post: Halogene
Bug [SOLVED] netRadiant - Viewports no longer show and render trails instead (Linux, ATI) MirceaKitsune 2 4,418 01-29-2013, 07:43 AM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  [NEED HELP] Radeon 9550 broken warpzones: bad OpenGL 2.0 implementation? edh 0 4,161 12-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Last Post: edh
  [BUG] r_letterbox affects warpzones? ThePWTULN 1 2,690 11-15-2011, 06:43 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SOLVED] [Solved] Can no longer bunnyhop sunnybubblegum 3 4,054 11-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Last Post: sunnybubblegum
  [SOLVED] Warpzones Don't Show D= SillyWriter 6 7,036 08-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Last Post: SillyWriter