Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
making people in blender

i just got blender back on this computer and i wanted to know how to create people like some of my friends in blender if anyone would know how to do that, like i put there face on a blender human body or something, and i also would like to know how to do this so i can create models for xonotic,

so if you know a tut on like how to create your friends in blender tell me

thanks in advance

Download the newest Blender 2.53beta (don't bother with the older 2.49), and check these video tutorials:
http://gryllus.net/Blender/3D.html

but you will need probably months of practice before you will be able to create something that somewhat decent.

Months? I would say at least a year. Blender is very sophisticated and requires much patience and diligence.

You can start here.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

How long it takes to make a good human model all depends on the individual, not the application. If you're a good learner and dead serious about modeling then it can be just a week or two (note, I'm talking about a low poly game model, not a high resolution photorealistic human being).

However, with that said, creating humans in 3D isn't an picknick either. If you're a newbie I'd strongly suggest you watch tons and tons of tutorials on how to create one and also start off with something simpler. Learn topology and proportions diligently.
[Image: duck.gif]
ai am ai.

Fix the avatar size limit please! I want my avatar gifs back! DISCRIMINATION!
Also, change my name to 'ai', these forums sucks which can't have 2 letters in the nick!

Yes, never said that it is due to Blender (but for starters Wings3D might be better). However I disagree that you could learn to make a good looking low-poly human in 2 weeks. You could maybe copy the mesh of a good looking one in that timeframe, but from scratch, absolutely not. And texturing is another beast all together, at takes at least as long to learn, if you are actually painting it and not such render it from a high poly mesh.

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=352 also you may be interested in this thread
I have no signature . That is all .

I didn't include the time it took for you to learn how to model a human being and texture it but actual work after you've gathered all that knowledge. I created a high poly human being which was pretty decent my first try in about a week, but of course I watched so many tutorials that I lost count on that and looked at others mistakes and whatnot in order to learn. I also re-watched them over and over to hammer in the knowledge. Plus used them as I went along with my own model and my own references. So yes, even someone who hasn't done such things before can make it in 2 weeks if they have the proper knowledge of course.
[Image: duck.gif]
ai am ai.

Fix the avatar size limit please! I want my avatar gifs back! DISCRIMINATION!
Also, change my name to 'ai', these forums sucks which can't have 2 letters in the nick!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do people only seem to play minsta+hook or CTS? JayWalker 81 69,984 06-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Last Post: g4spr0m
  Wow, a lot of people playing this evening! rocknroll237 11 14,999 09-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  come join us crazy people in australia chooksta 6 7,695 02-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Last Post: ...
Bug how do edit a character in blender Soelen 6 7,843 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Soelen
  question, i created a model weapon in blender jacob 2 4,438 10-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Last Post: jacob
  Looking for francophone people Taximus 18 15,263 07-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Last Post: panthere noire