• 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

(05-30-2012, 09:10 PM)hutty Wrote: yes its possible ... and it looks very ugly

how so Sad?
I would imagine it would look something like this:

[Image: hitbox.png]

(05-30-2012, 05:51 PM)Loafers Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 04:40 PM)W4RP1G Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 03:27 PM)Loafers Wrote: Would it be possible to change enemy models to just a 2D box?

A 2d box? A box is a 3d square Undecided

Yes, I meant a square Blush

There is no such thing as a 3d square - it's called a cube, or in this case - a rectangular cuboid (cause all the faces wouldn't be even) :-).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

how to join the duel leaderboards? i played a lot of duels now and cant see my name there. if someone could add me id appreciate. thanks!

Horvi: you will be added automatically once you play duels on a server that actually tracks stats. You can identify servers that track their stats by the little bar diagram symbol on the left in the server browser. It does of course not add you when you play against bots, or when you leave before the match ends.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

i play on exile 1v1 germany vs real people.

When I click on the info button for the servers in the server list that have an icon that they support AES, it says 'won't encrypt' - why?

Also a small legend on what each icon means would be nice (in game).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

horvi: I found the answer in the stats' site FAQ.

Quote:Q: How many games does it take for me to be ranked?

A: You have to have more than 32 Elo games of the given game type to be ranked. An "Elo" game is one in which you've played more than half the game's total time.

You are being tracked already: http://stats.xonotic.org/player/7825 but you can see from your stats site that you played a total of 21 elo games in duel mode. So you will have to play 12 more to find yourself in the duel ranking.

FAQs are a wonderful thing! Big Grin
My Xonstats Profile

thank you

(05-31-2012, 02:59 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote: Also a small legend on what each icon means would be nice (in game).

I thought about this too when I made the translations, but I couldn't come up with a good place to put them. Too bad, there's no pop-up message when you hower over a server. Sad
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

(05-31-2012, 03:32 AM)Halogene Wrote: You are being tracked already: http://stats.xonotic.org/player/7825 but you can see from your stats site that you played a total of 21 elo games in duel mode. So you will have to play 12 more to find yourself in the duel ranking.

FAQs are a wonderful thing! Big Grin

Not exactly 12, since some games might not count as "whole" games. He/She might need a little more than 12 if the 21 aren't all "whole" games.

What? Aren't "Elo" games (which are games you played more than half the match time) counted fully? Does it count a game you enter after a quarter of the time is up already only to 75% or so?
My Xonstats Profile

Sorry. By "whole games" I meant "Elo games". I think the game counter in the stats page shows all games, not just Elo games. At least it used to.

Oh, didn't know that. Ok thx for clarifying.
My Xonstats Profile

So while I was playing on Warp1g's target practice server, I noticed something interesting after shooting a bot into the abyss on Xoylent: it shot itself back onto the platform. So the question is, how do you do this?

I tried jumping off, and shooting in the opposite direction of the platform, detonated a rocket beneath my feet in hopes that it would launch me back, but failed miserably. Occasionally I would get lucky, but I do not know of a reliable method to reproduce what the bots do.

How do you pros do it?

Exactly like that you tried, but it takes a lot practice, and as you already witnessed, some luck to perform this move Wink

I don't get it. Is there a hidden jumppad or something? What do you mean?

All I see is a couple weird func_trains that navigate through AsteroidCorner targets. What do these do?

EDIT: it's supposed to be a models/map_xoylent/asteroid.obj but I don't see it.

He means rocket glidin, or rocket flying, similar to this:

Or this, in the first few seconds (though this is Nexuiz):

Those func_trains are easter eggs on the map Smile

Oh, I thought he meant the bots flew back on their own.

I don't understand the asteroid egg, I see it in the .map but somehow it doesn't show up for me when playing. I only see the func_trains with r_showbboxes

(06-01-2012, 03:11 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: I don't get it. Is there a hidden jumppad or something? What do you mean?

All I see is a couple weird func_trains that navigate through AsteroidCorner targets. What do these do?

EDIT: it's supposed to be a models/map_xoylent/asteroid.obj but I don't see it.

It's a single tiny asteroid crossing the map sometimes (easter egg).
If you hit it, it releases cmd voice taunt.

(06-01-2012, 12:44 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: Exactly like that you tried, but it takes a lot practice, and as you already witnessed, some luck to perform this move Wink

Sad

So I decided to enable dynamic lighting — mainly for rocket visibility from afar — but a negative aspect of it has been the brightness of the nex's beam flash in dark places or tight areas. Which setting do I change to reduce this brightness?

(06-03-2012, 12:12 AM)Loafers Wrote: So I decided to enable dynamic lighting — mainly for rocket visibility from afar — but a negative aspect of it has been the brightness of the nex's beam flash in dark places or tight areas. Which setting do I change to reduce this brightness?

Courtesy of Jok from ingame:

Code:
r_shadow_lightintensityscale 0.5

Does anyone know of a way to make the server notice smaller, so it won't take up the whole screen? And are there any other options for it, like the option to require a "yes/no" answer before it closes, or option to change it's opacity?

(06-03-2012, 06:09 PM)W4RP1G Wrote: Does anyone know of a way to make the server notice smaller, so it won't take up the whole screen? And are there any other options for it, like the option to require a "yes/no" answer before it closes, or option to change it's opacity?

My question got lost in the debate. m4ce, you ought to make a new thread for your question, it could be considered a hot topic.

Anyone have an answer for this?

No, the point of notices is to be.. well noticed, and and not removable by user tough any normal means. However using it irritates allot of ppl to no end, so im contemplating how to make something effective but less intrusive.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,631 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,178 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,394 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 8,002 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,829 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 153,091 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,455 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,131 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,687 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,672 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin