Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Storage space for mappers

Because of what seemed to be a fatal tumble by Omploader.org, I made a new website today where mappers with an account can upload their Xonotic maps. Although Omploader.org appears to be alive and kicking again, I've gone ahead with the website anyway. The link is:

http://xonoticmaps.org/

This is meant as a convenient place where busy mappers can store new releases, old classics, wip's and so on, to share on this forum for example. But also for server admins to find a particular map that they need. Think of it as a sort of Omploader.org for Xonotic mappers only Smile With one big bonus, the site itself is browseable by a nice PHP script, as you saw if you clicked the link already.

NOTE:
At this point it is not meant as a map repo. So if you run a server: do not use it in your curl_urls.txt file, darkplaces clients will be denied access to file downloads (not right now, but will shortly, so don't bother Tongue).

If you are a mapper who would like to have some space for your maps: contact me with a PM here and I will set up an account for you. This will be an FTP account with which you will end up in a folder name of your choosing. There you can create new folders, add new maps and delete old ones, etc.

Some more things:

1. Mappers may only upload .pk3's or other Xonotic data files. I reserve the right to delete anything unrelated to Xonotic content from the server;
2. I might make up some more rules as I go along, but this is it now Wink.

So, if you're a mapper who could do with some storage space, contact me and I will get you up and running.
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

Nice, I might use this for future versions of my maps...

I don't need it right now, so I'll hold off on creating an account, but when I do, I'll PM you as requested.
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

Nice initiative! =)

Big Grin cool

As soon as I get mapping, I could use an account. Sweet idea!

It might be cool if you had a way for people to post mapping tutorials on the site. That way, it's an all-in-one Xonotic mapping destination! Smile
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

Thanks for the positive reaction everybody. I already set up an account for Cuinnton. If anyone else wants one, just drop me a PM.

Vnilla Wrote:It might be cool if you had a way for people to post mapping tutorials on the site.
Thank you for the suggestion, I don't think that this site is the perfect place for that though. I would not be able to make them myself so it would have to take the form of a wiki of some sort. And we already have a wiki that is much better suited for this: OUNS. I'm sure that Xonotic specific mapping tutorials would be welcomed there with open arms. There is already a little bit about mapping, it could do with more specific things.

While on the subject of OUNS, will it be renamed to... OUXS?

We should put mapping tutorials on the dev wiki.
http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/wiki

What a nice idea! Smile

I hope to see a lot of the old maps out there...! Big Grin

(05-14-2010, 10:09 PM)Roanoke Wrote: We should put mapping tutorials on the dev wiki.
http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonotic/wiki
That's even better.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [VIDEO] Crazy jumps in space CuBe0wL 13 16,554 12-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Last Post: ThePWTULN
  Deep In Space (Fragmovie) Debugger 7 7,281 11-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Debugger
  Space maps and the players on it... Debugger 17 18,666 09-26-2010, 04:07 PM
Last Post: ThePWTULN