Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

I'm using a 2560x1080 resolution, works perfectly for me.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

It's 5am and there are 3 people in the world playing Xonotic and the map is Nordic castles with some f%&%^ annoying music, and we can't figure out how to start a vote for endmatch TongueHuh

Open console with <shift><esc> and do "vcall endmatch". You can also do "vhelp" to check which votes are available. It can be the server does not allow that vote to be called.
My Xonstats Profile

(05-24-2015, 04:42 AM)Halogene Wrote: Open console with <shift><esc> and do "vcall endmatch". You can also do "vhelp" to check which votes are available. It can be the server does not allow that vote to be called.

Thanks, some russians showed up and saved us from bad map hell Smile

Hello, I am a newbie here...

Are keys used for stats here instead of nicks? So if i change my nick, what will happen to my stats?

And i heard of secondary nicks, how do i set one?

The last question: are helicopters' fire modes different for primary fire? Second seems to be more precise, is it?

(05-26-2015, 01:23 PM)killall xorg Wrote: Hello, I am a newbie here...

Are keys used for stats here instead of nicks? So if i change my nick, what will happen to my stats?

The last question: are helicopters' fire modes different for primary fire? Second seems to be more precise, is it?

Yes keys are used. If you change your nick it will still record your stats on the same key.
[Image: 38443.png]

(05-26-2015, 01:25 PM)SPLAT Wrote:

Yes keys are used. If you change your nick it will still record your stats on the same key.

Thank you Smile

And another question... How do i type player's nick in chat? With colours

(05-26-2015, 01:32 PM)killall xorg Wrote:
(05-26-2015, 01:25 PM)SPLAT Wrote:

Thank you Smile

And another question... How do i type player's nick in chat? With colours

Chat has autocomplete - just use TAB as you would in a console. In case a nick starts with a special character, there are some letters that initiate special characters. I've forgotten which do that, but one of them was "n" (so "n" followed by TAB may autocomplete some of those nicks that start with a special character).
My Xonstats Profile

(05-26-2015, 01:48 PM)Halogene Wrote: Chat has autocomplete - just use TAB as you would in a console. In case a nick starts with a special character, there are some letters that initiate special characters. I've forgotten which do that, but one of them was "n" (so "n" followed by TAB may autocomplete some of those nicks that start with a special character).

Thanks! I see xonotic's chat and console are so nice Smile
[Image: 54653.png]

Also check out the Newbie Corner for all sorts of information around how to play and configure the game. Welcome to Xonotic :oD
My Xonstats Profile

(05-26-2015, 03:28 PM)Halogene Wrote: Also check out the Newbie Corner for all sorts of information around how to play and configure the game. Welcome to Xonotic :oD

Thank you, already seen this Smile

I've got one more question: what does rocket-fly mutator do? I can fire and explode rocket to jump in-air even without this mutator
[Image: 54653.png]

Supposedly completely removes any delay between firing and detonating (not that I've noticed one without the mutator) meaning you could get more force per shot because it detonates closer to you. src
[Image: 38483.png]

anyone wanna 1v1? why are people just afking and spectating

If you want to encourage someone to play with you, it would be best to add up for your favorite game mode on #xonotic.pickup at quakenet irc (http://webchat.quakenet.org). The forums are a too slow medium for match organization.

Apart from that please refrain from insulting people. This forum is moderated and usage of foul language is not approved.

Edit: thank you.
My Xonstats Profile

Cause at 10 o' clock they work, sleep, do whatever stuff. Tongue

come at me on solarium bro
[Image: 38443.png]

(06-23-2015, 02:55 AM)Halogene Wrote: Apart from that please refrain from insulting people. This forum is moderated and usage of foul language is not approved.
You afkhead and spectface!!! Big Grin

Come on into the IRC #xonotic.pickup pool - the water is fine!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Hi folks.

I seem to recall there was a way to mute (?) the chat, but I forget the source.

You know, sometimes the chat gets spammed or gets abused by some trolls, or just distracts me at most unappropriate moments Smile

(Sorry if this has been already answered somewhere.)

(07-10-2015, 10:43 AM)Base Wrote: Hi folks.

I seem to recall there was a way to mute (?) the chat, but I forget the source.

You know, sometimes the chat gets spammed or gets abused by some trolls, or just distracts me at most unappropriate moments Smile

(Sorry if this has been already answered somewhere.)

heh, I've played with XSAX too Tongue

Server admins can mute people.

You could turn it off entirely though (hud_panel_chat 0 iirc ; con_chatsound 0 [or something like that]).

ok guys, I have a possibly stupid question....hopefully it is something easily answered! Smile

So, how does one add new maps to the list of those available for a local server? What I mean is, when you first start the game, then click Multiplayer, then click Create, there is a list of maps there, and I would like to add some maps. Some of the maps I play on servers are very beautiful! And I would like to play them on my own against the computer. Smile So where do I save them, so I can create a server and select one of them to play?

You will find all files that you download from servers in ~xonotic\data\dlcache
Just move the maps you want to play to ~xonotic\data (where your config.cfg is located)
But I would not add a lot because some might cause some issues with the game and then it's hard to figure out which one.

let's play!

Hi all,

I remember there was a server called "Urban DM" (or something like that) that hosts a lot of fun maps featuring various cities. I really enjoyed those maps, and would love to continue playing those maps.

Anybody remembers that server? Also, does anybody know anything about those maps?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,688 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,223 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,429 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 8,070 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 35,081 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 153,721 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,541 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,177 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,743 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,699 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin