Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEEDS INFO] how to make the model smoother? (netradiant)

Question 
я сделал карту в блендере, экспортировал её в формат obj и переконвертировал в формат map с помощью программы obj-2-map v1.3.0, метод конвертации - spikes, в netradiant объекты поделены на треугольники, каждый треугольник это отдельный brush, я пробовал выделять группу треугольников и соединять их с помощью кнопки csg wrap merge (ctrl+u) (в netradiant custom от garux), но это ничего не даёт
может нужно ещё что-то сделать?

Quote:Translation from Google

I made a card in a blender, exported it to the OBJ format and redacted it to the MAP format using the OBJ-2-Map V1.3.0 program, the converting method is spikes, in Netradiant objects are divided into triangles, each triangle is a separate Brush, I tried to highlight the group triangles and connect them using the CSG Wrap Merge button (Ctrl+U) (in Netradiant Custom from Garux), but this does not give anything

Maybe you need to do something else?
Quote:Translation from Deepl

I made a map in blender, exported it to obj format and converted it to map format using obj-2-map v1.3.0, conversion method - spikes, in netradiant objects are divided into triangles, each triangle is a separate brush, I tried to select a group of triangles and connect them using csg wrap merge (ctrl+u) (in netradiant custom from garux), but it does not work

maybe there's something else that needs to be done?
Quote:Translation from Yandex

I made a map in a blender, exported it to obj format and converted it to map format using the obj-2-map v1.3.0 program, the conversion method is spikes, in netradiant objects are divided into triangles, each triangle is a separate brush, I tried to select a group of triangles and connect them using the csg button wrap merge (ctrl+u) (in netradiant custom from garux), but it doesn't do

anything, maybe you need to do something else?
[Image: Screenshot-5.png]
map file just in case - https://disk.yandex.ru/d/Y3psbiLSeY_Zcg

I've never tried an obj converter program being able to import the resource into Netradiant. AFAIK, in my experience, I used to import directly into Netradiant the compatible formats for Quake 3 mod, perhaps this is different.

Have you tried to enable Smooth option in Shading when you've selected(highlighted) the mesh object (model) in Blender?

[Image: wXKwuV0.jpeg]

(06-20-2022, 12:50 PM)LegendGuard Wrote: I've never tried an obj converter program being able to import the resource into Netradiant. AFAIK, in my experience, I used to import directly into Netradiant the compatible formats for Quake 3 mod, perhaps this is different.

Have you tried to enable Smooth option in Shading when you've selected(highlighted) the mesh object (model) in Blender?

[Image: wXKwuV0.jpeg]

в моём случае сглаженность в блендере не имеет значение
оно имеет значение если экспортировать в радиант эту модель как obj/ase
мне важно чтобы объект состоял именно из брашей и эти браши были сглажены 

Quote:deepl
In my case, smoothness in the blender doesn't matter.
it matters if this model is exported to radiant as obj/ase
It is important for me that the object consists of braches and these braches are smoothed
Quote:google
In my case, the smoothing in the blender does not matter
It matters if you export this model as OBJ/ASE to radiant
It is important for me that the object consists precisely of the Brush and these brushes are smoothed out
Quote:yandex
in my case, the smoothness in the blender does not matter
, it matters if you export this model to the radiant as obj/ase
it is important to me that the object consists of brushes and these brushes are smoothed

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Netradiant, xonotic-mapping-support and maps dir? Gwlanbzh 1 1,429 02-02-2021, 06:57 PM
Last Post: AriosJentu
Heart [SOLVED] BUG IN NETRADIANT Kotangens 5 2,458 12-06-2020, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Julius
  [NEED HELP] I REPEAT I need Help with Netradiant Taplio 4 3,231 09-23-2020, 12:05 AM
Last Post: fabzor3
  [NEED HELP] Change mapinfo to make a CTF map a CTS map. Bhagwa-Yodhak-69 3 2,306 09-08-2020, 06:03 AM
Last Post: _para
  [NEED HELP] Need old rifle model(solved) Kotangens 8 3,149 08-27-2020, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [SOLVED] how can i get defrag entities in netradiant? bananovenc 5 3,568 01-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Last Post: SpiKe
  [SOLVED] how do i set up netradiant bananovenc 2 3,159 12-27-2019, 02:04 PM
Last Post: bananovenc
Question [NEED HELP] can't build netradiant (SOLVED) bananovenc 7 4,418 12-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: illwieckz
  [NEED HELP] Netradiant looks weird when i try to open it Taplio 0 1,587 07-07-2019, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Taplio
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant crashes on Build - Mac (10.12.6) Space Ace 0 1,632 04-24-2019, 10:41 PM
Last Post: Space Ace