Create an account

Poll: Good idea or not?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
82.14%
23 82.14%
No
17.86%
5 17.86%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] In-game microachievements

I think there should be "microachievements" in xonotic: small things of note that you can potentially do in a game involving fragging, inspired by other games such as tf2 and bulletstorm. Upon achieving one of these things, a sprite is spawned where the victim used to be, denoting what microachievement was unlocked. These are different from proper achievements (discussed elsewhere) in the respect that they can be achieved multiple times per game and are not "unlocked", however, they can be tied into achievements, in an achievement such as "do n microachievements of type x." Some examples of "microachievements":
  • Classic
    Frag a player with the last two weapons used being a mortar and a nex.
  • Airfrag
    Frag a player in mid air
  • Revenge
    Frag the player who last fragged you
  • Domination
    Frag a certain player several times without being fragged by them.
  • Persistent
    Frag a player using only laser
  • Super Combo
    Frag several players with one shot (this includes electro combos)

Good idea or not?
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Me likey..
He can talk the talk, but can he caulk the caulk?

This is starting to sound more like Killer Instinct than Unreal Tournament or Call of Duty ever did.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

I voted yes straight away Smile

If these micro achievements were accompanied by sound, it would make for some great gameplay which made it seem even faster Big Grin
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

Voted yes immediately when I saw the "Persistent" microachievement. I seem to be very persistent on some maps.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

sounds good
i voted for yes
info:
This message was written with 100% recycled electrons!!! Angel
No trees were destroyed and no animals were harmed.

So what are you waiting for people, start coding.... Tongue
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

ok
i will do this

errrrr...
fruitiex D:
could you help me? xD
info:
This message was written with 100% recycled electrons!!! Angel
No trees were destroyed and no animals were harmed.

(07-13-2010, 06:23 AM)FruitieX Wrote: So what are you waiting for people, start coding.... Tongue

Now I know why you started coding QC Tongue

no, its like the normal achievements, an unnecessary toy demotivating and completly useless

Demotivating? How exactly are they demotivating at all? Same goes for useless - you don't like them, don't post here. I don't know what you expect to accomplish with provocative posts.

Following your logic, textures are also useless. You can still play the game without them, so they are just an unnecessary toy.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

(07-16-2010, 02:27 PM)Roanoke Wrote: you don't like them, don't post here.

errr... no... this forum is for discussion, though he didn`t show any reasons, he still has the right to post his opinions, including negative ones. People shoudn`t post if they don`t care, not if they have opposite opinion Smile
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

I'm fine if he has an opposite opinion. What I have a problem is when his opposite opinion is basically "lol this sux."

I like the idea - sounds fun Smile

Although I think I'd prefer it if the sprite was printed in one of the corners of my screen rather than where my victim was.
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

(07-17-2010, 09:31 AM)ThePWTULN Wrote: Although I think I'd prefer it if the sprite was printed in one of the corners of my screen rather than where my victim was.
This would actually be easier to do Tongue

(07-16-2010, 02:27 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Demotivating? How exactly are they demotivating at all? Same goes for useless - you don't like them, don't post here. I don't know what you expect to accomplish with provocative posts.

I would bet with you there will be people, which are just focused on the achievements and dont care about playing so the gameplay would get damaged.
For me its useless, because there is no motivation to get the achievements ( --> no reward).

(07-18-2010, 04:22 AM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(07-16-2010, 02:27 PM)Roanoke Wrote: Demotivating? How exactly are they demotivating at all? Same goes for useless - you don't like them, don't post here. I don't know what you expect to accomplish with provocative posts.

I would bet with you there will be people, which are just focused on the achievements and dont care about playing so the gameplay would get damaged.
For me its useless, because there is no motivation to get the achievements ( --> no reward).

Thanks for the explanation, now I get what you mean.
I'm partly agreeing with you if these achievements were to be introduced in games like ctf - but I think the pros would still prevail over the cons of having people concentrated on making achievements.

Consider this: I , as a noobie, always use the crylink. But I see those shiny achievements and want them so badly I start trying electro combos or lasering people.
Next think I know is that I'm start trying to use the mortar and the nex because there's an achievement for it, and those goals are making me a better player after all.

By the way, I don't like "Domination - Frag a certain player several times without being fragged by them.". Makes a noobie's life a hell on earth, I'd prefer it wasn't included. Would only scare people away...

(07-18-2010, 07:38 AM)tankmiche Wrote: By the way, I don't like "Domination - Frag a certain player several times without being fragged by them.". Makes a noobie's life a hell on earth, I'd prefer it wasn't included. Would only scare people away...

I see your point. Definitely want "revenge" though.

yay! revenge will be fun! especially when having a little battle Wink
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Actually that brings up a thought - would you want revenge in a 1v1? You could be hearing it every 5 seconds Smile
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Hm, yes. Will need to disable that for games smaller than 5 people.

(Yay my first post's kicking a 20 day old topic...)
(07-18-2010, 07:38 AM)tankmiche Wrote: By the way, I don't like "Domination - Frag a certain player several times without being fragged by them.". Makes a noobie's life a hell on earth, I'd prefer it wasn't included. Would only scare people away...

Assuming the name of the other players will only show when you put your crosshair over them, would it make much of a difference?
Unless there is a way you could see a person's name all the way across the map and hunt them and only them, I don't see a problem emerging...
It might actually help deter players from camping the same spot over and over again *thinks about BlockScape nex camping*

It depends. In nexuiz, i'm always using reptile player model and yellow-green colors and there were some games when some players were hunting only for me ("kill the frog!!!") Tongue i personally don't care, but there can be some people who would have some doubts.
On the other hand, sometimes it happen to me that i kill only grey players Big Grin
anyway, i'm against rewarding such behaviour
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(08-08-2010, 05:55 AM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: It depends. In nexuiz, i'm always using reptile player model and yellow-green colors and there were some games when some players were hunting only for me ("kill the frog!!!") Tongue i personally don't care, but there can be some people who would have some doubts.

wait there are other people then killgenerals who just kill the frog?

(08-08-2010, 05:55 AM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: It depends. In nexuiz, i'm always using reptile player model and yellow-green colors and there were some games when some players were hunting only for me ("kill the frog!!!") Tongue i personally don't care, but there can be some people who would have some doubts.
On the other hand, sometimes it happen to me that i kill only grey players Big Grin
anyway, i'm against rewarding such behaviour

This is an example of why I'm wayy to used to HOCTF.... I forgot about other servers letting you pick what model you want to use... I guess that would make a difference.