Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Include mapinfo and a map pic in your package!!

Exclamation 
Please include a .mapinfo file and a screenshot of your map .jpg/.png/.tga even if it's early beta, even if they are in git.

If maps get packaged, they'll get spread, if they get spread without these files, it can make the maps look bad, it can make servers look bad, it can make Xonotic look bad.

These files go in the same directory as your .bsp

ex:

coolmap_v0r1.pk3
./maps/coolmap.bsp
./maps/coolmap.tga
./maps/coolmap.mapinfo

If you don't know what goes in the mapinfo file, check other map packages.

THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! Even if the map pic is just an image with the title of the map, it looks a lot better than the "no texture" image. If the server uses an auto-generated mapinfo it may not be correct and can include false information.

TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR MAPS!

Thank you -Z-, it does tend to make the game look unprofessional to have a voting page full of checkered squares Smile

Speaking of which, they should probably have a default image for missing map thumbnails other than the checker pattern.

(01-07-2011, 07:06 PM)nowego4 Wrote: Thank you -Z-, it does tend to make the game look unprofessional to have a voting page full of checkered squares Smile

you know that the pk3 layout has changed during the nexuiz development (afaik in 2008) and all older maps are kind of broken?
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Yes, I was referring to some of the maps that have recently been created and posted in the Maps Release section. Some mappers seem to think that since Xonotic will automatically create one, they don't need to add one.

Does the Nex compat pk3 fix the old maps' problem?

(01-29-2011, 11:27 AM)nowego4 Wrote: Does the Nex compat pk3 fix the old maps' problem?

No!
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [RELEASE] Curse and deck map Zero_Khan 0 2,037 05-18-2021, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Zero_Khan
  Warpzone challenge "Check Your Friend". Or Checkfriend Kotangens 0 1,970 10-24-2020, 01:32 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
Information Please include a license with your map! Antibody 2 3,940 07-11-2018, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Antibody
Rainbow Rainbow Factory: Large and evil map supporting every gametype Melanosuchus 4 5,563 05-20-2014, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Matuka
  ned models for your maps? ugluck 6 8,899 11-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Sir Emeth Mimetes
  Getting your maps tested Dokujisan 0 6,120 03-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Last Post: Dokujisan