Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Ask your questions about Xonotic here

(02-11-2012, 10:34 AM)Maddin Wrote: That´s right. On the EU servers are mostly some guys, it´s getting slighty more.
(02-11-2012, 12:43 AM)Loafers Wrote: but I don't like playing on there b/c I don't like getting my ass kicked by germans Sad
What´s wrong with Germans?Dodgy
Nothing. It was a complement Smile

The electro is the one that shoots blue stuff

all weapon names can be found here
xonotic wiki

i still wanna now if theres a command like quakes /in_mouse available? ^^

(02-14-2012, 10:38 AM)N3phr!s Wrote: i still wanna now if theres a command like quakes /in_mouse available? ^^

Yes, there are. To open the console, press shift+esc.
With "apropos mouse" you can list all commands that match to the "mouse" string.
Or, you can choose the settings/misc/advanced window, and search for all the mouse cvars.

Or just navigate to the settings window, where you can find all the mouse related settings in checkboxes and sliders...
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

thanks for ur answer the "apropos" cmd is pretty handy Tongue i didnt find a cmd that does the same thing as in_mouse tho...
what it does:
in_mouse 1 = directinput from directx
in_mouse 2 = raw input, meaning QL talks to the mouse directly, no handler in between.

hi there, i'm a new player for xonotic, but not so newbie with quake games. Actually, warsow is my favourite. But after some pub games i found xonotic very funny and stylish. So here is my questions:

1) is it possible to turn on raw-input for mouse?

2) is there any cmds to turn on mouse accel?

3) is there any guns like LightingGun (from q3,qw) or LaserGun (from wsw) in Xonotic?) or mb they are going to be in the next versions?

4) how to limit FPS at 150?

(02-14-2012, 02:39 PM)adem4ik Wrote: 2) is there any cmds to turn on mouse accel?

4) how to limit FPS at 150?
accel: m_accelerate
fps limit: cl_maxfps

btw u can also set cl_minfps, then some effects will automatically decrease in quality to prevent the fps dropping lower than ur desired value Smile

And have fun with all the cl_minfps_* cvars to tweak its behaviour!

still no one knows about turning on raw mouse input? i rly dont like directx to handle it :S raw input means shorter communication time = less mouselag

N3phr!s, do you actually use directx? I don't know how it works, but isn't it the same with opengl and sdl? I don't see how "direct mouse input" would work portably.

(02-14-2012, 03:13 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: N3phr!s, do you actually use directx? I don't know how it works, but isn't it the same with opengl and sdl? I don't see how "direct mouse input" would work portably.
well theres a simple way to tell if the game uses raw mouse input... in quake when in_mouse is set to 2 ur OS mouse settings dont affect ur ingame mouse settings... normally i set the windows sensitivity to 6 (half of the slider) to have 1:1 translation of my mouse movements, so this time i just set the slider to full before starting the game and it did affect the ingame mouse sensitivity wich means the game isnt using raw mouse input Sad
sry my fault that was bullshit coming from me Tongue it affects the mouse in terms of windows native accel not sensitivity, i removed the accel completely witha registry fix but still... there should be some mouselag (subtle but still noticeable)
and i know /in_mouse "2" works because i use it when playing different quake mods

SDL reads your mouse input directly too, doesn't it? It's still handled by an intermediary layer, *as it should*. I'm still not sure what you're expecting, something reading raw HID usb input?

(02-14-2012, 02:39 PM)adem4ik Wrote: 3) is there any guns like LightingGun (from q3,qw) or LaserGun (from wsw) in Xonotic?) or mb they are going to be in the next versions?

sadly, something like this is already in development
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(02-14-2012, 04:35 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: SDL reads your mouse input directly too, doesn't it? It's still handled by an intermediary layer, *as it should*. I'm still not sure what you're expecting, something reading raw HID usb input?
basically thats what it is, but not quite like that Tongue

"in_mouse 1 and in_mouse 2 use the exact same data, just encapsulated in two different APIs (DirectInput vs WM_INPUT; DirectInput internal implementation uses WM_INPUT under the hood, so it's "less raw" in the sense that it's something "on top off" the "more raw" API, adding some unneeded overhead)."

ezQuake also has an in_mouse 3 option but i didnt figure out what that is yet

thank you, guys, for the fast answers.) and here is one more question:

is it possible to turn off muzzle flashes (weapon flashes after pressing +fire)?

I don't see this... You could always disable viewport weapon rendering altogether as an alternative :x

HI gays ))) :-D

OMG. Dibs on the first reputation.

Hey! Big Grin

Is there any map repository, where I could find latest pk3s? Downloading them one by one from forum would take too much time. Wget-friendly or at least "Down Them All"-friendly site would be great.

http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/
put them in .home/x or user/savedgames/x

For official maps (or WIP ones probably be official in the future) we use a special map compile server, where we can upload the map files, and an automapted script builds them. You can find that here: http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/?d
I have to warn you though, in case a map is in constant development, there can me multiple versions of a map there from hour to hour.
For third party maps, we don't have a repo yet.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Ok, thanks. Is there any script to download only the latest pk3s?

Hi there. I'm new. I've been skimming the forums and I've found things about the 0.5 release being outdated vs the git version. How many servers run the git version, and would it be better for me to use the git version or 0.5 version?

You can see a server's version by right-clicking it in the server list in Xonotic. Or you can see a server list here: http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xonotic . The version is in gameversion and qcstatus (which sometimes reads 'git'). Version 500 is 0.5, 600 is 0.6git. Apparently quite a bit of servers use git, you should either get an autobuild or wait for 0.6 which is due to release this month. Or if you like compiling stuff yourself, there's information on the xonotic dev wiki on dev.xonotic.org

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow Your Favorite Maps cushinga 6 1,631 03-14-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
Rainbow What's your favorite color? Or which color you use in game? Kotangens 1 1,178 09-01-2022, 06:52 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  FPS Showdown - Go submit your best frags! Smilecythe 4 4,396 02-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Last Post: Antares*
  Why is your server empth 24/7 slowtwitch 10 8,002 06-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Last Post: end user
Information We want your help Samual 35 34,829 10-11-2013, 07:48 PM
Last Post: Leroy
  Preparation: what's your nationality / native language? unfa 147 153,091 06-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Wii-Wii
  WoX-BloX needs your help! CuBe0wL 14 11,455 06-26-2012, 05:43 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Here's my fair share Scorpion 8 8,131 10-31-2010, 05:50 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  Pythonistas, please raise your hand Dokujisan 13 10,687 10-15-2010, 06:25 AM
Last Post: Spyroviper
  ITT: post your WASD teams 9 10,672 06-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin