Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[WIP] Weapon Models

The lg/cry/electro is sooooooo cool!!! Sputinik, our one of the people who inspire me( along with soelem and unfa)

I want to remake the HLAC in alien style and im already drawing some concepts on paper. It semms like my HLAC was made for three- handed alien as well!

While crylink is the oldest, it is the best. Thats why it is still there. Just a bit of tweaking and polishing.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

actually I would like to see the crylink go untouched forever ... just for kicks and giggles ...

You!!! You had just bullied my favourite gun!!!!

???

how did I bully it for wanting to keep its old model .

??

Hmm flamethrower would be cool...hmmm

(08-01-2012, 02:41 PM)hutty Wrote: ... just for kicks and giggles ...

There!!!!!!

Flamethrower... FireBall is the "flamethrower" already. Anyway, human or alien design?

the issue is ... if we did add a flame thrower ... how would that differ ... playing wise ... from the other weapons ... (like mg ... or LG)

What do you mean, how would that differ? The differance is tremendous!!! FT has short range, high damage, and would set people on fire. Maybee it can replace shotty, when it will be merged with laser. On the other hand, we have Fireball and Shotgun already.

So, alien or human design?

nooooo dont replace shotty Sad (or merge him)

but actually ... mg is useless at long range ... so is shotty ... shotgun slap is exclusively short range and hagar is useless if your not hurting yourself while shooting it ...

also ... dont forget that most long range weapons are usually good at short range too (like the nex)

setting on fire would be new though ...

maybe if the fire lingered for a bit so that you could block a passage ... that would make it more useful

If you don't find the hagar useful then you don't know how to use it I'm afraid. it is the only gun the has a non-linear line of fire in that it's able to shoot people around corners and personally invaluable in close-range to mid-range when you can read your opponants movements.

in regards to the flamthrower though I was thinking short-range continuous stream of flame that's useless long/mid range as opposed to the fireball launcher that's primary is over powerfull and a secondary that's spitting fiery balls onto the floor.

Monad's law in action?

Yes setting people on fire is possible, fireball does that.

What law???

I dont want merging shotty and laser, but i think everyhing is desided... somewhere... up there...
I think that the best idea would be... LASER SHOTGUN!!! Ta-Daaaaa!
Its primary would be a number of small laser.. projectiles, that would have lasers pushback. Secondary would be normal fish-slapping.

Hmm... Danny, was you who suggested flame thrower... Maybe we can merge Flamethrower and FireBall?
Primary- constant flame. Secondary- bouncy FireMine. Both- mega FIREBALL.

What law???

I dont want merging shotty and laser, but i think everyhing is desided... somewhere... up there...
Its primary would be a number of small laser.. projectiles, that would have lasers pushback. Secondary would be normal fish-slapping.

Hmm... Danny, was you who suggested flame thrower... Maybe we can merge Flamethrower and FireBall?

Ooops, a double post. What shal I do?

(08-04-2012, 09:52 PM)aa Wrote: Yes setting people on fire is possible, fireball does that.

What law???

What law???

Ooops, a double post. What shal I do?
click on Mr bougo's link to find out.

:: note -- this is about hagar primary --
hagar used to be much more usefull ...
in nexuiz it would shoot almost tight enough to snipe ... and at least twice as fast as it does now ...

now hagar just feels slow and ... usless ...
(secondary is nice though)

but ... im not missing it cuase THATS WHAT A HLAC IS FOR Big Grin

Hlac IS faster I'll give you that but its secondary is essentially a better version of the hagars secondary which i can't stand. they both need to be fused as the strengths of both would make a legitimate weapon.

I think that we need a serious discussion about weapons, their ballance, general style...

PS is Nex a railgun?

(08-05-2012, 03:04 AM)aa Wrote: I think that we need a serious discussion about weapons, their ballance, general style...

PS is Nex a railgun?

Maybe, but don't have that discussion in a thread for weapon models.

aa, Hutty, .Danny., please move this balance discussion somewhere else? Thanks.

Quote:hagar used to be much more usefull ...
in nexuiz it would shoot almost tight enough to snipe ... and at least twice as fast as it does now ...

Are you talking about projectile speed or ROF? ROF is about the same as it was in 2.5.2 and 1.1 (they are both available for download to see for yourself). Don't remember velocity, but it never struck me as much slower than either.

Quote:Hlac IS faster I'll give you that but its secondary is essentially a better version of the hagars secondary which i can't stand

HLAC secondary is no better than hagar's secondary, unless you crouch and get lucky. Relying on luck however is not what I call "good design" for a skill-oriented game.

Hagar's secondary OTOH has fixed pattern and you have to work with that when it comes to shot placement.

OFC move this post as well to relevant thread, along with earlier ones.

(08-05-2012, 03:15 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 03:04 AM)aa Wrote: I think that we need a serious discussion about weapons, their ballance, general style...

PS is Nex a railgun?

Maybe, but don't have that discussion in a thread for weapon models.

aa, Hutty, .Danny., please move this balance discussion somewhere else? Thanks.

What whould be suitable forum?

Xonotic - General. Make a thread.

yeah ... ok ... I will (try) to refrain from balance discussions till after Samual is done messing with stuff

The top post needs to be updated badly.

yeah ...

sent DiaboliK a PM so hopefully it'll be noticed.

this remind me some weapons from Halo))

[Image: 492txf96wiwyc25eehcf_thumb.jpg] -> [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkseA55X3iYDugG8SMzqh...fePFR2&t=1]

[Image: x59nmju9364acako7ll_thumb.jpg] -> [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTFooLG2t8dEq9ceMnplYi...wStJtzB4-A]

Zero - an eternal primordial emptiness the principle of generation of all things.
my Site: http://zeromapping.narod.ru
my Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/zeromapping/
my Bananite: http://gamebanana.com/members/1317180

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo Morphed's used brushes for weapon and item model texturing LegendGuard 0 1,744 11-30-2022, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  [NEED HELP] Editing Pick-Up Models NoClue 3 1,194 11-25-2022, 06:17 AM
Last Post: NoClue
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,086 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  List of Free/GPL Models & Programs AllegedlyDead 7 14,332 10-26-2021, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Dares
  How to import Weapon Models? NoClue 6 3,502 12-23-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Julius
Brick New Shotgun and Uzi models MirceaKitsune 6 4,172 07-17-2020, 01:18 PM
Last Post: _para
  [NEED HELP] NetRadiant Models Not Working 3agle427 7 5,396 06-26-2020, 11:40 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
Rainbow [NEED HELP] Player models. Import to blender, export to xonotic. Snekky 1 3,725 04-19-2020, 09:16 AM
Last Post: DarkFox
  [NEED HELP] Texture problems in MD3 exported models (Quake 3) xLuca91x 9 6,718 03-31-2020, 03:13 PM
Last Post: xLuca91x
  Renamon & Krystal player models MirceaKitsune 37 60,015 12-12-2019, 07:51 AM
Last Post: Mario