Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Welcome to Xonotic!

All I can do is smile =)

well done, I already like what I am seeing more than the nexuiz console

Hmm, guess i'll have a new forum to spam aeh.. help on now :-)
Welcome the Phoenix..
Real signature is still in production!

Slick site and quick response to an ever worsening problem. I have been playing Nexuiz since version 1.8 or so. I loved how quickly it developed and always looked forward to new features.

This is the first open source fork I have experience so far. I predict the next one will be Ubuntu (again) due to the dissatisfaction associated with new theming.

However I am now ready to give back with the education I gained in modeling and rigging. Lets get this party started!

i'm happy to see this news, great job

Larga vida a Xonotic

(03-23-2010, 04:35 AM)Th3raid0r Wrote: This is the first open source fork I have experience so far. I predict the next one will be Ubuntu (again) due to the dissatisfaction associated with new theming.

A bit offtopic but i really do not think that theming is a strong reason for a fork. After all a theme is easily exchanged, (k/edu)Ubuntu bring more then just the default theme. To make a fork really stick and attractive it has to have a strong reason. The current bad feeling surrounding IllFonic is exactly that. You can also see that by how good Xonotic makes people feel and all the news its getting. Hell this site was even DDOSed by slashdot yesterday due to overwelming interest in Xonotic. I really doubt it would be possible to get the same for ubuntu-with-a-different-look..

didnt read the whole thread here, only the first:

w00t! Fork, here it is!

Welcome Xonotic Smile

Exciting times!

I was waiting to buy a new PC with decent hardware to be able to play Nexuiz, now it looks like I'm going to try Xonotic instead... Tongue

Best wishes to this new project! Smile
Ciao Smile
Massimo

new logo is amazing imo, when i found out about this yesterday i was so amazingly surprised since i previously knew nothing of it Smile
[Image: 716.png]

Ah I was wondering why the site was down yesterday. I didn't think it would have ended up slashdotted though!

Well slashdot brings down any site :-P
Probably the world would end if there were a site that really can withstand slashdot.. immovable object vs irresistible force Cool

Welcome all in the new age! Smile
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I never heard of Nexuiz until yesterday, when I read the news about the sale of the engine and domain name on my favourite tech site.
I've played Quake 1,2 and 3 years ago and played Q2WF and Q3WFA in competition for a while. When I read about Nexuiz I wanted to check it out and I concluded that it could be kinda cool to play this, because it looks like it has the old skool Quake feel.
I don't think I will try Nexuiz, but I wanna try Xonotic as soon as it releases. So I will visit frequent to see how it progresses.
I hope the release won't take as long as the release of HL2 Episode 3 Wink

While we don't have any deadline yet, it's a safe bet the first release might be out in 1-2 months. Thank you for your support, check back in frequently! Smile
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

ouhhh yeah! i hoped this would happen

NICE!°
"all your signature are belong to us"

Perhaps a blessing in disguise? I believe Nexuiz needed a fresh makeover. Thanks to Illfonic for making this happen! Tongue Long live Xonotic!

Great news!

I love the news! Big Grin

wow!!! Big Grin
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Ya rly. Congrats on the announcement to everyone, seems like it went really well then Smile
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

Is there a possibility that we can get promotion banners for xonotic?
[Image: 10676.png]

Iliath, ok I'll work on something for that.

Quote: Iliath, ok I'll work on something for that.

Yay & Thx!
I'll be sure to put one on my website as soon as they're done!
[Image: 10676.png]

Hokay we got that fork, now where's the pasta?

Seriously: it's cool to see something getting started. Let's keep that spirit for a while.