Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Attention all server owners and web designers!!!

I'll play some games tomorrow. How often does that site refresh? So I know when I have to look wether my games appear or not.

P.S. I'll just PM you the demo too Smile

P.P.S. I'm ill at home, so I'll have enough time.

P.P.P.S. Don't forget I have the nick Xaverioz.

The site updates in real time, so a few seconds after you play it should show up. Don't worry about sending the demo. It won't help for what I need to see. The biggest issues are around character encoding (still working on fixing it) and Xonotic not sending the right data in the first place (in the case of CA and LMS).
Also I'd like to add that stats are going to be calculated within a moving window of time. Right now that window might be a week or a month. I haven't decided yet. So don't worry too much about your old stats too much Smile
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(10-17-2011, 02:34 PM)Antibody Wrote: Also I'd like to add that stats are going to be calculated within a moving window of time. Right now that window might be a week or a month. I haven't decided yet. So don't worry too much about your old stats too much Smile

But you keep them in the database.. or not?

Stats are kept in the database indefinitely.

Join #xonstat @ FreeNode for support, bugs, ideas etc.

I haven't posted an update in a while, so here is the latest status of this project:

There was (and is) lots of feedback on the site, so we created a new IRC channel to handle stuff. See Mirio's post above this one for info on that. Keep up the feedback! I may not be able to respond right away, but what I will do is log something to ensure I look at it later. If you know of an issue or a feature and wouldn't mind entering it on the bug tracker (http://dev.xonotic.org/projects/xonstat) that would be great too.

The single largest issue was Xonotic's non-ascii characters (like the smiley face characters) causing the web layer to reject submissions. This is now fixed and I've loaded the 116 games that were rejected because of the issue. Hooray, games!

Another issue is one of completeness. Race-based games, LMS, and CA are still incomplete at this point. It all boils down to the fact that I need to write custom handler code for these game types, and I haven't had the time to do so yet. LMS and CA games will be "recoverable" in that I will be able to re-run them, but race is fundamentally incomplete until we address it with some Xonotic-side code.

That's all I have for now. Adios!

As an update, we appear to have found a major bug which mixes up different matches/players X_X

Let me provide a more in-depth summary of this issue. It does not affect player stats. The issue deals with which servers the games get assigned to.

As for player stats issues, I have heard no specific cases. If you have a specific case when you think something is wrong or recorded incorrectly, please let Samual and I know on the #xonstat channel on freenode. We can't fix issues that we don't know about!

But I digress! Back to the issue at hand: two days ago I incorporated hashkey checking for servers (a hashkey is something of a unique key for a server). What I didn't realize was that different servers running on the same host would have the same hashkey. This means that some games being played on one server would show up as having been played on another one.

In retrospect this is a big "duh, Antibody" moment, but at the time I thought that each server would have its own key. That being said, we are TESTING this application and this is exactly what should happen in testing. I've fixed the issue and kept the bad data in there. If you see something out of sorts, please let me know so I can investigate. Thanks for all of your support and help!

UPDATE 10/31 (Happy Halloween!): I've fixed the misplaced games and duplicate servers. Let me know if you see any issues where games should belong to another server. Thanks!

ATTENTION SERVER OWNERS

Please update your g_playerstats_uri to "http://stats.xonotic.org/stats/submit" instead of using the prior address. Submissions going to the old address will not be recorded, and you don't want that!

Thanks!

Server owners, please check your unpure cvar settings so we can update the pure/unpure list. Here's how:

1) Run cmd cvar_purechanges
2) Let me know (on IRC, PM, whatever) if you feel a cvar reported as "unpure" should in fact be pure so we can fix it!
3) ???
4) Profit!

hm k I'm out then with my servers

Can you at least check please?

sure I can Smile

(12-06-2011, 10:12 AM)Antibody Wrote: ATTENTION SERVER OWNERS

Please update your g_playerstats_uri to "http://stats.xonotic.org/stats/submit" instead of using the prior address. Submissions going to the old address will not be recorded, and you don't want that!

Thanks!

I think it might be convenient to create a Wiki entry with this and probably some other basic information on how to setup stats (sorry if there's an entry already)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Map, Server and Win Ratio statistics zykure 8 8,694 02-12-2014, 06:02 AM
Last Post: cvcxc
Smile TeamSpeak and Mumble Server sponsored by [unconnected] jack 3 6,454 06-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Last Post: N1mbus
  New American server up and running! Lee_Stricklin 0 2,949 12-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Nexuiz slashdotted again...no GPL code at all EvilSpaceHamster 19 21,537 04-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Last Post: od@r
  Hi all SinSniper 9 8,622 04-13-2010, 07:18 AM
Last Post: od@r