Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[Frag Movie] Kick'n it Off

Hello everybody,

As some of you may know, I have been working on a frag video for the past few days (about a week and a half). Finally, I'm pleased to announce that I have a low quality version available on youtube (link below). I'm adding more effects and correcting some things at the moment, after which I will release the high quality video for everyone to download.

I know there's quite a few issues with the frag video, being that this is my first (completed) frag movie and that I made it in a rather short period of time, but I think it came out pretty decently.

Anyways,
I want to give credit to Professor Kliq for his awesome song named "Ode to Charles" that is used in the video. Without it, my video wouldn't be what it is. Please visit Professor Kliq's website, and take a good look around, download all his albums etc.

So, I'm not going to keep you waiting any longer, here's the frag video!

By the way, the title is a reference to the (soon to be) release of xonotic. Also, does anyone care to guess what that white "square" thing is?

Nicely done =)

Im gonna save watching it till the HQ vid comes out. I was spoiled by watching the first 50 seconds of it in HQ so the youtube link doesn't satisfy XD
[Image: panzersig.png]

What are the maps at 2:50 and 3:40?
chooksta Wrote:640t ought to be enuf for antibody
- microsoft windows

Very nice! Good job. The only real critique I could say is that I've seen you do a lot more impressive shots than most of what is shown in this frag movie, especially in duels. But yeah, not really criticizing I guess, more like an observation Wink

damn! nicely done, good Sir! :)

rly nice video PCLizard! Smile

Wow...Cool one Smile

If I would have that much time to make some videos... Smile

I love it, I really like that moment when you do this laser jump from CTS to CTF in 1:45 Smile simple effect but how spectacular...

btw. can I ask what program(s) were you using to create this movie?
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Some very impressive kills there. But Im missing the frag message on the center of the screen, also why didnt you disable con_notify (and actually the hud on some parts)?

(04-16-2010, 12:42 AM)naryl Wrote: What are the maps at 2:50 and 3:40?

Ancient by Sepelio and Geomonetary by MintOX.

Very nicely done. Some good frags and fantastic editing, the music goes great too.

just awesome.
The song you picked is fully relevant, indeed, with good rythm and variations. Nice transition effect between scenes also.
And nice frags btw...

Where does this white square theme come from? sort of cinema screen?
Fat.bot.Slim

@Everyone: Thanks for the support. There are a lot of issues with it, some of which I'm currently trying to fix. I may just redo the video, add some better frags in here and there, as well as fix the remaining problems.

@Nifrek: I know a lot of these frags aren't spectacular, or aren't very satisfying. I *used* to have a lot of demos with great, insane frags, but I recently lost them due to a SSD Raid 0 failure. I believe I do have some, if not most of these demos somewhere on a hard drive somewhere I have stored, so I may pull it out and look to see if they are present. And yes, all of these frags are real recent, none of the dating back no further than November of last year. But yeah, I plan on tracking down some of my older demos with great shots, as well as looking through more current demos to see if I missed any good frags.

@Debugger: I understand where you come from...having a lot of time can be a hard thing to have. I did this frag movie in a week and a half, putting about 2-4 hours in it a day. I will admit there were days where I got bored, or just didn't work on it, but the thing is to keep on returning to your imagination, which is the fuel for great ideas.

@kuniu the frogg: The programs I used to make the frag video were GreenMarine's auto demo recorder (Very nice tool to have!), sony vegas for trimming up a lot of the videos, rendering, and basic effects (such as the fade to dark, fade into next clip, "flash" transitions, and color correction). I used Adobe After Effects for some more in depth effects like the flames you see when the music really starts to kick up, and other things like light rays. I'm working on more effects to add to the high quality video.

@Fisume: I know :/. I left the hud on at one part of the video (the part towards the end where I get a killing streak on Go at the end) to show how crucial the situation was in game (less than a minute left, scores were 9-8, my "work" prevented overtime Tongue). I dunno why I had the frag messages turned off...but if I do remake the video (very good chance I will), I will make sure it's enabled.

@Rage_ATWM: Well, that "white box" is there for you guys to interpret, but I promise you it's there for a reason, even if it's not apparent (which it isn't). You will find out eventually. Smile

Pretty cool movie. On the whole, well edited, and I loved the transition from one laser jump to the other. However:
There were a few scenes where two movies were overlaid. I found this annoying.
I think it would look better if all of the videos were captured with the same effects on.
And that's just about it. Again, great video. If only we had more of these. Also, I enjoyed the choreography with the music.

The white square is OBVIOUSLY the light at the end of the tunnel, DUH.
Mapper.

lol moo...

Well, technically yes, but it's a symbol for something...what could it be? Tongue
So, I decided to redo this video again, the right way. I will be private messaging some people on irc about questions I need to ask for the video.

A crosshair? Did you just decide "lol crosshairs sux" and use a white square instead?

(04-16-2010, 11:25 PM)Roanoke Wrote: A crosshair? Did you just decide "lol crosshairs sux" and use a white square instead?

I was thinking this too. Maybe he just didnt have the right compat pack then went with it and improvised Tongue

Other than that perhaps its the transition to something truly open source Wink

I know!!!! *rising his hand high*
This white square is a symbol of the tunnel and unknown future at the end, tabula rasa (latin always sounds wisely...), unknown future of this project.
Ah, I'm so proud of myself Tongue
It must be right. Must be... Isn't it? Smile
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

I think the white box of light is really the light to a refrigerator door, where PCL keeps all of his leftover african children to snack on. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin (this comment guaranteed to get an FU JEW response from PC) n_n
[Image: panzersig.png]

(04-17-2010, 02:59 PM)PanzerZero Wrote: I think the white box of light is really the light to a refrigerator door, where PCL keeps all of his leftover african children to snack on. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin (this comment guaranteed to get an FU JEW response from PC) n_n

Win!

I enjoyed watching it very much! Very nice work!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

good stuff, thumbs up. that's what we're gonna need for xonotic.
#doomsquirrels

I thought the transitions were pretty creative. Well done.

The square was confusing, but made sense at the end. I get the symbolism there :-)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,670 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  DOXA TOURNAMENT - Frag movie zeroql 0 1,698 04-26-2020, 04:46 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #9 Mirio 4 3,839 03-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,769 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
Video Xonotic frag movie betas zeroql 0 1,884 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #8 Mirio 0 3,999 02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,926 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
Video Xonotic: Movie collection zeroql 8 13,991 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  F*CKMEGEDDON: A Xonotic Frag Movie Smilecythe 15 14,993 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Last Post: rixur
  [Frag movie] 10 years of Mirification Mirio 16 16,907 12-11-2016, 02:56 PM