Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
DCC goes Xonotic

All DCC servers are going to switch when 0.6 will be released.

Well, for normal ctf you can play on a server called something like: R&M beckstein vs stoiber {x}.

(02-08-2012, 01:56 AM)PGP_Qz Wrote: Is there going to be a 1v1 server? Public or private ?

Probably yes. But currently the focus is on migrating the public servers.

If you're interested in a 1v1 server you can help me later on (to give me advice how to configure it best).

AFAIK there are no Ladder rules so far, and since I don't play ladder or tourneys myself I have no clue what it should look like.
[Tue Aug 5 2008] [00:15:01] <Ronan`> RoKenn, you're an evil person Tongue

(02-12-2012, 06:26 AM)RoKenn Wrote:
(02-08-2012, 01:56 AM)PGP_Qz Wrote: Is there going to be a 1v1 server? Public or private ?

Probably yes. But currently the focus is on migrating the public servers.

If you're interested in a 1v1 server you can help me later on (to give me advice how to configure it best).

AFAIK there are no Ladder rules so far, and since I don't play ladder or tourneys myself I have no clue what it should look like.
Good news, but sorry I have no idea how to configure a server.
The exile 1on1 server looks configured properly. (http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xono...&sort=name).
Basicaly its
-Gamemode: Deathmatch
-Timelimit: 10
-Fraglimit: 0
-Powerups: Off

I can't help more...
Awesome, did Qz show you that ?
Nexuiz : I Reach the top5 of the ladder (even top3 I guess). Top1 French for quite some time (when active) of ladder. Top5 of some tournaments (if I remember well)

Could you possibly extend the match waiting time? Atm, a lot of players aren't ready before the match starts.

(04-15-2012, 08:59 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote: Could you possibly extend the match waiting time? Atm, a lot of players aren't ready before the match starts.

Currently it's set to 10 seconds. Both this and the voting screens (2*7 seconds) have been reduced to allow more gameplay and less boredom.

Probably most of the players not being ready are the ones downloading the maps and we can't wait for them anyway (that would be too long).

Once most people have the maps this problem will reduce automatically.

Or did you experience not being ready due to slow xonotic initialization or know people who have that problem on slow hosts? In that case we should consider increasing it again.
[Tue Aug 5 2008] [00:15:01] <Ronan`> RoKenn, you're an evil person Tongue

Yeah I think it's down to downloading times. Those times do sound reasonable. If someone were to create a map pack by v1.0, that is maintained and updated (maybe with its own auto updater script), then not as many people would have to wait to download maps.

That isn't really necesary. After quite some time playing you just downloaded all the maps. I got tons of gigabites in my dlcache, but at least almost never have to download Tongue

Same for me, but it's taken a while to get all those downloads. New players might be put off if they keep having to wait and fall behind in a match because they have to download new stuff.

Any possibilities to have bright skins by default?
Fat.bot.Slim

'g_fullbrightplayers 1' is already set.
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

(04-23-2012, 02:55 PM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: Any possibilities to have bright skins by default?

You can choose the Mega Erebus and set force model. Smile

Ah, good idea Mirui.

Due to CSQC Playermodel, you can chose to give every playermodel your own as well as your color.
For that, go to your Player Setup and under the point of "Model Settings" you can do the mentioned.
[Image: Sigsig.jpg]

Mirio reads my mind Smile
Thanks Mirio, thanks Sless.
Fat.bot.Slim

Soelen: I feel compelled to congratulate you for DCC's website. It Just Works even without javascript, that's proof of awesomeness for me. You rock.

Wow indeed awesome website! Well done!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Ditto on the site. It's great design wise. Maybe Soelen would be interested in collaborating with me on the new WP theme? *crosses fingers*
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Thanks guys for such awesome compliments, you guys rock as well as I do heh...

I would love to collaborating with a new WP theme, unfortunately I'm doing so many things already, therefore I'm not sure if I have time to spend working on yet another project, as you can see, I dont know what to do, doing something which I love to do or finshing other projects D:
[Image: signature.php] [Image: DVlpo.png]

i love the "Sless it!" button Smile

i love what it does too Smile
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(05-06-2012, 03:42 PM)kuniu the frogg Wrote: i love the "Sless it!" button Smile

next up in development the "frog it!" button!

everything is green and the weapons are replaced with big toothbrushes.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I jsut have played two, custom ofc, maps in CTF on DCC Delight CTF

Skycastle

madness, bad geometry, half of players were falling down too easily due to map's layout, hard to orientate due to lack of orientation points. Yet I could survive it in comparison to:

Block scape

One of the worst custom maps I have seen in my life. Colors are blending together (grey boxes), base areas have colors almost the same as player models, so it's hard o spot enemy, weapons are placed very randomly, hard to navigate without laser jumps, terribad layout in general, I have rage quitted.

(06-08-2012, 09:02 AM)Majki Wrote: Block scape

One of the worst custom maps I have seen in my life. Colors are blending together (grey boxes), base areas have colors almost the same as player models, so it's hard o spot enemy, weapons are placed very randomly, hard to navigate without laser jumps, terribad layout in general, I have rage quitted.

But I like Blockscape!

Skycastle is among the better CTF maps out there. Compact, so you pretty much hear/see whats going on around and can act on it. Not campy. Not some labirynth crap, but a map that promote fast/intense fighting. That you fall in it Majki simply means you didn't learnt it yet. I didn't fancy maps of this kind too, when I started. I know now, I was wrong back then Smile

Blockscape - not a bad map but not for Xonotic. From what I recall, with Xonotic step height you can't play it correctly. Either need to alter the step height for that map (as with settemp_for_type), and be unpure when playing it, or forget it. Unless a mapper makes a xon version (could make sense, btw., as this map is somewhat unique).

Bloskcape is a /quit for me. I have no time for playing shitty games (even best games turn into pile of crap on bad level).

Skycastle - my opinion is the same, just /quited it again after falling into abyss for 20th time because of 1cm bad jump/explosion.

Just learn the map Tongue

I was playing there with you, on both maps, and I had no problems at all. Just train, and skill will come.

Especially skycastle is a really good map. Fast action, no camping, enough ways to cap.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DCC Servers esteel 20 23,253 12-05-2015, 04:58 PM
Last Post: urmel
  Duelix (PC) troll horde banning on DCC's minsta server. unfa 10 14,066 08-27-2011, 03:37 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL