Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You'll thank me when you read click on this thread...trust me

<redacted>

A medium sized collection of gameboy games and others from various consoles.

No download, no surveys, option to turn of music, and if you create an account you can save your game to return to later.

Enjoy. Smile

You know this post of yours got all my spambot sensors going berserk before I saw it was you?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

This stuff is just so weird. I mean, it's like Viet Crystal all over again! "Electric Monsters"??
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

Do you think they got a license for all these games?

Yeah, I think so too.

So this is why the link is now
Quote:<redacted>

wtf? I'm not a spambot! I genuinely enjoy these games! thanks alot Mr Bougo for stopping the fun you ruiner!

Thank you, .Danny.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(08-05-2012, 08:02 AM).Danny. Wrote: wtf? I'm not a spambot! I genuinely enjoy these games! thanks alot Mr Bougo for stopping the fun you ruiner!

I know you're not a spambot, but read just the headline and the body of your message - it's the typical content of a spambot post :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

I just thought it would be popular. Well look if you want I won't post again about this. Just PM me and ask if would like the website. I'd be happy to oblige you. Except Mr bougo. He's a custard tart (blows rasberry!)

Yes, there was a spam bot some time ago on these forums.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

You agreed to some rules when registering, which included no linking to illegal content. I don't want anyone to get in trouble, so I removed the link. I'm not here to ruin anyone's fun.

Instead of PMing .Danny. for the URL, I'd rather suggest to people interested in the first post to look up emulators. Some of them are nifty free/opensource software and they don't ask personal data from you in order to save your game. And they offer better features, too.

Okay fair enough if its in the rules I consented to when registering.

Personally tried emulators though and its more complicated. Plus I don't think they ARE legal at all; at least the majority of them. The reason why no companies have come down on them hard I would think is because the number of people who DO use them are low in number due to the process of playing on an emulator.

Considering its just a website you go to to play games i think the website I use is much easier to use and no more illegal than the use of emulators.

Edit: I just checked into the legallity of emulators and they are ONLY legal when the original game has already been purchased and I doubt the majority of emu users only play games they have ALREADY played.

There's a lot of legal legends in the emulator world. A while ago I used to hear that it was fine as long as you didn't keep the roms for more than 24 hours, sometimes 48. I'm not sure it's legal to download roms, even if you own the game. But it's kind of hard to prove that you didn't make the rom yourself as a backup copy (which is protected by law in some jurisdictions I guess) once you've downloaded it.

Emulators themselves are legal, that's why you see some of them on sourceforge or github. Some of them do need proprietary blobs that are illegal to distribute and that you're supposed to exctract from the EEPROMs of your gaming hardware, so they aren't distributed with the emulator. That's the case for Dolphin (GameCube/Wii emulator) or SheepShaver (Macintosh emulator, yup) for example.

That site you had in the OP is illegal, there's no doubt about it. They didn't get any licensing agreements, or else they would have made it visible. I guess you're right, it's easier to use, but IMHO using an emulator is more convenient.

Actually, they have some rather... original games. I played their version of "Pokemon Diamond" for a bit and it was some extremely weird hack which included GameBoy Colour graphics, "Electric Monsters", a baseball player, a cellphone ("portable", advanced version: "D shoot") which got four bars ("antennas") only in "Electric Monsters' World" which by the way is entered by falling into a tree.

Everything was in Engrish. So I think they just make their own bootleg games and slap popular franchises on them.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

There's no n-hours rule for roms. You should own the original game then it's ok for you to download a rom of it. And since most of the games that are now in the form of roms is abandonware, this get even more into the legal gray area.

I wish more companies would publish some of the old console games officially on the pc bundled with an official emulator like Sega does with Genesis and Dreamcast games.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

(08-05-2012, 12:53 PM)Minkovsky Wrote: Actually, they have some rather... original games. I played their version of "Pokemon Diamond" for a bit and it was some extremely weird hack which included GameBoy Colour graphics, "Electric Monsters", a baseball player, a cellphone ("portable", advanced version: "D shoot") which got four bars ("antennas") only in "Electric Monsters' World" which by the way is entered by falling into a tree.

Everything was in Engrish. So I think they just make their own bootleg games and slap popular franchises on them.

Obvious japanese port but I'm pretty sure that's the only one.

However ROMs and emulators are not more convenient to use and they use of the games is not licensed so I don't think you can take any moral highground Mr Bougo as you're also commending something not legal.

(08-05-2012, 12:53 PM)Minkovsky Wrote: Actually, they have some rather... original games. I played their version of "Pokemon Diamond" for a bit and it was some extremely weird hack which included GameBoy Colour graphics, "Electric Monsters", a baseball player, a cellphone ("portable", advanced version: "D shoot") which got four bars ("antennas") only in "Electric Monsters' World" which by the way is entered by falling into a tree.

That's a rom hack that's not exclusive to this site. It can be found on the googles.

(08-05-2012, 04:45 PM).Danny. Wrote: However ROMs and emulators are not more convenient to use and they use of the games is not licensed so I don't think you can take any moral highground Mr Bougo as you're also commending something not legal.

I'm not claiming my morals are superior! I'm just sharing my personal knowledge of emulators and roms. I never said I did anything illegal, I think.

(08-05-2012, 10:18 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: That's a rom hack that's not exclusive to this site. It can be found on the googles.

Huh. So they basically bootlegged a bootleg?

(08-06-2012, 01:42 AM)Minkovsky Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 10:18 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: That's a rom hack that's not exclusive to this site. It can be found on the googles.

Huh. So they basically bootlegged a bootleg?

Um yeah, I guess?

.Danny., call me a tight-arse all you want, I'm just doing my job as an admin. We don't have legal assistance to defend potentially liable admins, so one of my tasks is to keep the content of this forum as lawful as I can because who knows what could happen seeing how screwed up justice can be. That's also why we have the posting rules that you agreed with on signup. I think that negative reputation you gave me is undeserved, but whatever.

Fair enough. I admit my culpability. I didn't know you were an admin as well. I guess we should have this thread closed if there's no more use for it.

Alrighty, closed it is! If you want to reopen it for whatever reason, message me. You're the boss for this decision ;P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cool indie games thread asyyy 15 12,568 01-01-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Julian758
  Blog Self-promotion thread machine! 14 17,995 08-30-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  XONOTIC USER MUGSHOT THREAD Smilecythe 121 138,486 08-30-2023, 03:38 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  Fragmovies from other games- thread Smilecythe 25 24,804 04-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Matuka
  Obligatory meme thread asyyy 284 398,196 02-23-2016, 11:38 PM
Last Post: SnowblindPariah
  Reflex thread machine! 45 50,212 08-01-2015, 03:25 AM
Last Post: SPLAT
  You know you've played too much Xonotic when... [AP]Sniperz 45 42,339 10-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  The Big Happy Birthday thread! CuBe0wL 53 91,185 10-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
Lightbulb Dropbox Referrals Thread of Awesomeness Schicko 10 13,820 08-03-2013, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Rainbow The totally useless but always present "ANIMATED GIF THREAD" lopho 45 78,854 02-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Last Post: Debugger