Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for francophone people

Hey!

I'm looking for those of you which are speaking french...
For two reasons,
1-­­>eventual communication with the french world, if approved by the team (I'm thinking of Dokujisan now...)
2->eventual translation of the game, which may not come soon...

The goal is to build a team of communicators/translators for the french community.

So if your francophone, just come by and say: Salut!
Thanks to the devs!
PM me if you need something... I'll be happy to help for any translation work needed...

Salut !

Hello I'm french too.
So if you want me to make a translation of the game : no problem Wink

I think we should create a french website of Xonotic. I haven't seen anything yet !

Salut.

Great! At least I'm not alone...
The first thing to do will be too finish the translation of the official announcement.
I got it 90% made on my computer now...
Still, there are things I'm not absolutely sure about. I need to keep the exact same meaning of all the announcement and since my english is not perfect, I can't be sure 100% it won't be interpreted in another, undesired way (the way I understand it/the way it is translated, etc...)...
I'll see to get in touch with Dokujisan and then wait for further instruction...

It would be interesting to have a place to chat together in french/structure this team though...
Thanks to the devs!
PM me if you need something... I'll be happy to help for any translation work needed...

Here i have created a forum for the french community Wink
http://xonotic.xooit.fr/

Well... Why not?
We just need to remember not to split the community while doing this.
That forum must be the gateway between here and the francophone not speaking english in the first place!
If the admin here thinks of making us a little zone, either wiki "fr" space or forum space with dedicated team or something (french moderators) it would be great...
I'll try to catch -Z- on this one (if he's the admin here as I think...)
Thanks to the devs!

Yes a French Wiki would be great !

It'd be cool if there was some sort of option to have GUI elements be in different languages, mostly so you wouldn't have to make completely different distributions for each supported language. Not sure how difficult that might be to implement, though.

Salut moussaillons!
Fat.bot.Slim

@shoeberto: I ask -Z-, he told me it was possible, but well, I need some more confirmations as he disconnected as we were talking

DJZelDark: have you seen the post from Dokujisan telling nobody should create an account on behalf of Xonotic?

(03-27-2010, 07:12 AM)Dokujisan Wrote: If you have an idea of a website where Xonotic could post a game entry or spread information about Xonotic in some way, please tell me about it.

DO NOT CREATE A "XONOTIC" ACCOUNT ON OUR BEHALF.

We're putting effort into organizing our marketing channels, and that includes spreading information about Xonotic on certain websites. We don't want community members creating "Xonotic" accounts for us. We would prefer to do that ourselves.

Thank you

I've not brought it up until now, but I think that a "Xonotic France" forum is a way of spreading information about the game.
I think we must have a discussion with him before we do anything else, seriously.
Even if it's in another langage so he can't really manage it, he is, at my sense the leader of "marketing and public relations"
Both those things are really important for a serious project, and it need to be done with the same vision, in the same direction, by every one willing to contribute on this part of the project.
Thanks to the devs!

I have you seen the title of the post from Dokujisan telling nobody should create an account on behalf of Xonotic but what i have created is not an account is a website for the french community.

If the staff of Xonotic want I delete this website I will do it but I think it is a great thing to have this website. French can talk about Xonotic.

Once again, and I'm not gonna argue about this, that forum is a way of spreading information about the game.
Dokujisan Wrote:and that includes spreading information about Xonotic on certain websites

I think that the "Xonotic France" belong to that "certain websites" category, and since it will spread french information about the game it must respect that politic.
The fact this website is written in french, for francophone, doesn't mean we are a different community, but only that we are a different part of that community.
Picking our own road now is maybe not a good idea since we are very early in the developement of the game and the community, and in that sense, any spread of information must be the same for every one...

And this implies communicating with the team, only spreading official information and finally publishing quality translations...

Edit: I wrote something about this on the french forum so that we can better understand ourselves.
My point is only that communicating with the community is really important and that no one should mess around with it...
Now more than never
Thanks to the devs!

Salut.

I'm learning French, but I'm not the best at it. However, I'm happy for any practice I can get! I'm willing to help out a bit if you would like.

Also, I agree that a French Xonotic page would be a good idea, but we should check with Dokujisan first.

(J'apprends le français, mais je ne suis pas le meilleur. Pourtant, j'adore le pratiquer! Je vous aiderais un peu si vous vouliez.

Je suis d'accord avec l'idée d'un site W3 de Xonotic en français, mais on devrait vérifier que Dokujisan est d'accord avant on le crée.)

(P.S. Corrigez ma grammaire, s'il vous plaît!)
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

Well, I'll need to see more of your french, what you just wrote seems really good... at least for someone still learning the language...

(05-06-2010, 08:01 PM)VNilla Wrote: avant on le crée.

maybe: avant "qu'on le crée"
or: avant "de le créer"
Thanks to the devs!

Merci! I think "avant de le créer" would be best...

If you give me a few sentences in English, I'll do my best to translate them. It might also be wise to continue this by PM.
Humans... Dodgy

"There is no problem that cannot be solved by a judicious application of carnivorous dinosaurs." -JayIsGames.com

I'll contact you when I'll get more time...
If you want to PM me you can... I'll answer if I can...

That's awesome... absent for the beginning of the project... Epic Fail for me here... anyways...
Thanks to the devs!

Salut !
I agree with Taximus, if we create a website : "Xonotic France" I think like him that it must be a report of all informations published on the official (English) website. A French forum talking about new suggestions for the game must NOT be created 'cause it would separate the community like he said. Indeed, each one would like to search new ideas on each side and the communication should be strong between these two parts of the community to ensure an efficient cooperation.

ps : Sorry for my bad English =/

Thanks Khracix.

Annoucement translations on the way, didn't have time to work on this recently.
I would also like to thank VNilla for help on translation.

I'm not home actually and my access to computers is restricted (well... for personnal use...)
No git for me for the 2 weeks coming, and no "big" work on the project...
I'll work on translation if I can.
Thanks to the devs!

salut Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do people only seem to play minsta+hook or CTS? JayWalker 81 69,984 06-02-2013, 06:16 PM
Last Post: g4spr0m
  Wow, a lot of people playing this evening! rocknroll237 11 14,999 09-07-2012, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  come join us crazy people in australia chooksta 6 7,695 02-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Last Post: ...
  making people in blender jacob 6 14,102 09-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Last Post: ai